Monarch | 30-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

Jernigan

My 2 cents is anything with the label "Hotel" or "Retail" in the headliner isn't going to get funding anytime soon.  This is probably an entitled land play, where owner is hoping to increase the value of the property by pushing it through an up-zone process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The basic entitlements should still stand, but if there were additional bonus entitlements they likely had sunset provisions. I'm not familiar with the old version of this project, but if new standards have been put in place to get the bonuses they would now need to meet those standards.

22 minutes ago, DreS0803 said:

Not the clearest rendering, but plans call for a 24 story Apartment/Hotel tower. Initial concept allows for up to 380 rental units. hotel could be 130 rooms Up to 200 rooms depending on the hotel. 

D4A8747C-318B-4569-AE05-0DDF2982785C.jpeg

In the Eola thread we were discussing luxury condos and if they could survive in this area (still waiting for your views @spenser1058 )

This one certainly sounds like it will fit in the lux market segment from the GS article https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-monarch-tower-20200622-grryl3nzcneljlcx3dshkdtkou-story.html

On 6/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, gibby said:

Isn't the original approval still good?  I thought it was already entitled.

It appears they expired, "The new master plan would go to the Municipal Planning Board in August and to Orlando City Council in September. Jaymor is seeking a density bonus that would cap the number of residential units at 380."

32 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

In the Eola thread we were discussing luxury condos and if they could survive in this area (still waiting for your views @spenser1058 )

This one certainly sounds like it will fit in the lux market segment from the GS article https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-monarch-tower-20200622-grryl3nzcneljlcx3dshkdtkou-story.html

It appears they expired, "The new master plan would go to the Municipal Planning Board in August and to Orlando City Council in September. Jaymor is seeking a density bonus that would cap the number of residential units at 380."

I’m letting @JFW657 enjoy his status as The Wilford Brimley of UP Orlando for a bit before I dive back in ! ;-)

Edited by spenser1058

• 2 weeks later...