Monarch | 30-Story Mixed-Use [Proposed]

Jernigan

Yeah they are going to do a zero edge pool down the entire side of the building?  hope people in a 4 block radius like occaisionally being whipped in the face with errant pool water carried by the wind.  This structure has to be expecting rents higher than currently exist in the Downtown.

2 hours ago, ChiDev said:

Yeah they are going to do a zero edge pool down the entire side of the building?  hope people in a 4 block radius like occaisionally being whipped in the face with errant pool water carried by the wind.  This structure has to be expecting rents higher than currently exist in the Downtown.

You think this is going to get built?

• Haha 1

On 5/3/2021 at 2:48 PM, Uncommon said:

You think this is going to get built?

I didn't think City Tower was going to get built, and thought Society Orlando (x) would never gonna break ground.  I am wrong frequently. 

That said, I would be amazed if this structure or ZOI ever saw reality.  This deal might pan out if they permit the top floors as PH condo.  The recent Condo trades downtown would support this angle.

Any way this winds up getting done, I think it's EXTREMELY unlikely they wind up affording a multi-floor exterior video screen. Excluding that and the top floor pool, any structure sporting the finishes as shown would have to charge a rent higher than any property downtown to function.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-monarch-jaymore-downtown-orlando-tower-multifamily-hotel-20210811-v6klke4t3zd3tiho2w7ez75b6y-story.html
The Jaymor Group anticipated starting construction by the end of this year, however, Aswsumb said he wasn’t sure when Northland intends to put their own shovels in the ground. Representatives with Northland were not immediately available to comment.

Orlando planning board gives nod to first downtown co-living apartment tower

Records in Orange County suggest Northland plans to break ground soon. Northland’s general council Beth Kinsley signed a Temporary Construction and Access Easement agreement that cleared records simultaneously with the property deed. The agreement gives Northland a temporary, non-exclusive construction and access easement pursuant to construction plans.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Uncommon said:

https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-monarch-jaymore-downtown-orlando-tower-multifamily-hotel-20210811-v6klke4t3zd3tiho2w7ez75b6y-story.html
The Jaymor Group anticipated starting construction by the end of this year, however, Aswsumb said he wasn’t sure when Northland intends to put their own shovels in the ground. Representatives with Northland were not immediately available to comment.

Orlando planning board gives nod to first downtown co-living apartment tower

Records in Orange County suggest Northland plans to break ground soon. Northland’s general council Beth Kinsley signed a Temporary Construction and Access Easement agreement that cleared records simultaneously with the property deed. The agreement gives Northland a temporary, non-exclusive construction and access easement pursuant to construction plans.

Interesting.

$11M for a 1 acre, shovel ready, fully entitled 30 story, 380 unit apartment plus  200 bed hotel that comes with "necessary permits and site plan approvals... to help approve the construction of a new segment of Lake Avenue west of the neighboring Westminster Plaza senior living community, to allow easier access for the planned hotel entrance"... seems like a steal.

That makes 2 announcements (the other https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/08/11/florida-downtown-orlando-apartment-construction.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_11&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s)  out of that neighborhood today that would produce $100M in improvements.

18 hours ago, AmIReal said:

Interesting.

$11M for a 1 acre, shovel ready, fully entitled 30 story, 380 unit apartment plus  200 bed hotel that comes with "necessary permits and site plan approvals... to help approve the construction of a new segment of Lake Avenue west of the neighboring Westminster Plaza senior living community, to allow easier access for the planned hotel entrance"... seems like a steal.

That makes 2 announcements (the other https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2021/08/11/florida-downtown-orlando-apartment-construction.html?cx_testId=40&cx_testVariant=cx_11&cx_artPos=1#cxrecs_s)  out of that neighborhood today that would produce $100M in improvements.

that rendering shows maybe 20 stories at the most.  is there another rendering?

• 1 month later...
58 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Any porta potty sightings yet?

nah...these guys also announced a companion project in Daytona that they got money for... a month ago... unless they take the money and skip the country, like the original Lexington/Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn people did during the boom, dunno...  I think they got a construction loan for that project.

can you get construction loans for two concurrent projects at the same time?

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

Any porta potty sightings yet?

4th quarter 2020. So in next 60 days hopefully if Northland is still keeping the 30 story highrise 

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

nah...these guys also announced a companion project in Daytona that they got money for... a month ago... unless they take the money and skip the country, like the original Lexington/Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn people did during the boom, dunno...  I think they got a construction loan for that project.

can you get construction loans for two concurrent projects at the same time?

Well Jaymar sold this land  to Northland Corp.

So the Monarch site is totally up to Northland Corp now. 

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 6:28 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

4th quarter 2020. So in next 60 days hopefully if Northland is still keeping the 30 story highrise 

Well Jaymar sold this land  to Northland Corp.

So the Monarch site is totally up to Northland Corp now. 

did I know that?  so, that means Jaymar can focus on the ISB project solely in Daytona with the construction loan money and the sale money to Northland...

3 hours ago, jrs2 said:

did I know that?  so, that means Jaymar can focus on the ISB project solely in Daytona with the construction loan money and the sale money to Northland...

Precisely. Now what Northland does , I don't have any idea or theories. They just found what Jaymar was going to do with Monarch "Interesting" whatever that means in commercial real estate talk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Precisely. Now what Northland does , I don't have any idea or theories. They just found what Jaymar was going to do with Monarch "Interesting" whatever that means in commercial real estate talk. 

yeah, I was worried b/c I didn't think that company had the ability to handle two big projects like this simultaneously; and another poster on these boards is very skeptical whether they can pull off the Daytona project at all...

Do we know what other projects Northland has done?

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 5:51 PM, jrs2 said:

yeah, I was worried b/c I didn't think that company had the ability to handle two big projects like this simultaneously; and another poster on these boards is very skeptical whether they can pull off the Daytona project at all...

Do we know what other projects Northland has done?

Well there is still a green tarp around the fence that is around the property so that's it. No movement thus far.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...