Sign in to follow this  
Jernigan

Monarch | Mixed Use Res./Hotel | [Proposed]

Permit Number: MPL2020-10049
Project: Monarch Mixed-Use
Address: 322 E JACKSON ST Orlando FL
Description: Mixed use tower with residential apartments, hotel, ground level retail, and an integral parking structure

Didn’t that one sort of wander in at the end of the last cycle also? I wonder what they’ve been up to for the last decade...

That is a great last name. I met him before, he is the A in VOA architects. 

Edited by jack

47 minutes ago, jack said:

That is a great last name. I met him before, he is the A in VOA architects. 

Think this is real? Or a play to get someone to buy the property?

My 2 cents is anything with the label "Hotel" or "Retail" in the headliner isn't going to get funding anytime soon.  This is probably an entitled land play, where owner is hoping to increase the value of the property by pushing it through an up-zone process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, bqknight said:

Think this is real? Or a play to get someone to buy the property?

This looks like a play to sell it. We are pretty late in the cycle to start a high-rise from scratch. 

• Like 3

The basic entitlements should still stand, but if there were additional bonus entitlements they likely had sunset provisions. I'm not familiar with the old version of this project, but if new standards have been put in place to get the bonuses they would now need to meet those standards.

There is clock to entitlements but you can extend under the right circumstances. 

Edited by jack

22 minutes ago, DreS0803 said:

Not the clearest rendering, but plans call for a 24 story Apartment/Hotel tower. Initial concept allows for up to 380 rental units. hotel could be 130 rooms Up to 200 rooms depending on the hotel. 

D4A8747C-318B-4569-AE05-0DDF2982785C.jpeg

In the Eola thread we were discussing luxury condos and if they could survive in this area (still waiting for your views @spenser1058 )

This one certainly sounds like it will fit in the lux market segment from the GS article https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-monarch-tower-20200622-grryl3nzcneljlcx3dshkdtkou-story.html

On 6/18/2020 at 5:20 PM, gibby said:

Isn't the original approval still good?  I thought it was already entitled.

It appears they expired, "The new master plan would go to the Municipal Planning Board in August and to Orlando City Council in September. Jaymor is seeking a density bonus that would cap the number of residential units at 380."

32 minutes ago, AmIReal said:

In the Eola thread we were discussing luxury condos and if they could survive in this area (still waiting for your views @spenser1058 )

This one certainly sounds like it will fit in the lux market segment from the GS article https://www.growthspotter.com/news/downtown-orlando-developments/gs-news-monarch-tower-20200622-grryl3nzcneljlcx3dshkdtkou-story.html

It appears they expired, "The new master plan would go to the Municipal Planning Board in August and to Orlando City Council in September. Jaymor is seeking a density bonus that would cap the number of residential units at 380."

I’m letting @JFW657 enjoy his status as The Wilford Brimley of UP Orlando for a bit before I dive back in ! ;-)

Edited by spenser1058

1 hour ago, smileguy said:

My projection on what the final project will look like...
2006741622_Untitleddesign(1).thumb.png.2d1843ade8eb1efceb606ac571ee3ea6.png

I like it, but it needs a visor.

• Haha 2

From that perspective, it looks like there's room for two of those on that parcel.  The building hugs Jackson and it's way out front of the Westminster building.

30 stories, 375 feet tall?? Yeah, absolutely zero chance this happens.

Why do developers bother with these types of proposals in Orlando?

Edited by Uncommon

That Lake Avenue re-alignment is concerning.  Kinda implies that the Westminster owners might be up to something.  That would be bad planning.