Centene Campus University Research Park

KJHburg

NCPA December 15, 2022

Oregon and Iowa became the latest states to enter into a settlement agreement with Centene for overcharges to the state Medicaid program, reaching a $17 million settlement agreement and a $44 million settlement agreement respectively (Oregon settlement news and Iowa settlement news). This comes on the heels of the company's recent settlement with Texas ($165.6 million), Massachusetts ($14 million), and Washington state ($33.3 million).

In the last two years, Centene entered similar settlements with Arkansas, Iowa, Illinois, Kansas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. Additionally, there is likely an unnamed state as Centene reported they have entered into settlement agreements with a total of 13 states. To date, Centene has paid almost $500 million to states for Medicaid overcharges. In 2021, it was announced that Centene had put aside $1.25 billion for settlements with states. Please share this information with your state policymakers as just another example of why Medicaid managed care programs need major reforms. These practices not only harm patients and pharmacies, but taxpayers as well. Also, NCPA has a resource with recommended Medicaid managed care pharmacy payment reforms.

NCPA
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

NCPA February 10, 2023

California announced a massive $215 million settlement with Centene less than a week after the announcement that Indiana reached a $66.5 million settlement with Centene for overcharges to the state Medicaid program. Here’s the tally so far: in December, Oregon reached a $17 million settlement with Centene for overcharges to the state Medicaid program, and Iowa agreed to a $44 million settlement agreement. Those settlements followed announcements of Centene’s settlements with Texas ($165.6 million), Massachusetts ($14 million), and Washington state ($33.3 million). Over the past two years, Centene entered similar settlements (made public so far) with 14 states, including Arkansas, California, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, and Washington. Additionally, it has been reported that a total of 17 states, totaling $939 million, have reached settlements. In 2021, it was announced that Centene had put aside $1.25 billion for settlements with states.

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Hushpuppy321 said:

I’m guessing the Apple, Inc. East Coast HQ going into RTP wouldn’t take a stab at this Ready to Move In Campus now would they…?

no even though Apple is just beginning their campus up in RTP they are committed to that area.  They have leased a lot of office space until their campus is done.

this is a perfect home (the Centene campus) for a variety of tech and financial employers.  

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

from the St Louis Biz Journal and we hear in Charlotte might have had a disappointment if they had built out their campus.

""Centene Corp. plans to lay off about 2,000 employees next week, about 3% of its workforce as it confronts "headwinds" from two federal government programs.""

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/26/2023 at 6:12 PM, KJHburg said:

from the St Louis Biz Journal and we hear in Charlotte might have had a disappointment if they had built out their campus.

""Centene Corp. plans to lay off about 2,000 employees next week, about 3% of its workforce as it confronts "headwinds" from two federal government programs.""

Not going to lie, the more I learn about Centene, the less I found them to be a compelling employer.

Health Insurer Centene Is Sued Over Lack of Medical Coverage - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

Investor lawsuit accuses Centene of hiding Health Net problems | Modern Healthcare

Centene Gave Thousands to Georgia Leaders’ Campaigns While Facing Medicaid Overbilling Questions - KFF Health News

Home - CenteneGate

centene | Violation Tracker (goodjobsfirst.org)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 5:24 PM, KJHburg said:

this is one great building and needs a tenant or new owner.  I sure hope the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance and EDPNC are marketing the heck out of this for this is one great building and campus.  Notice the child care center complete too.  I am sure you could get a 30 day close and move right on in.   This could be a great job generator for this region. 

Has anyone heard as much as a rumor about this building? It's a great campus, and I know it is a tough office environment, but I can't believe a state-of-the-art brand new campus is sitting unoccupied. Sure seems like a company could negotiate a sweet deal on it.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Somebody more talented than me should create a semi-parody social media account on behalf of this lonely, yet majestic building in the woods. It is odd that it doesn't seem well-marketed, so maybe an UPer can help out, lol.

There is more here to see than just what meets the eye passing by. The courtyard with water features is beautiful, there is ample room for expansion (office or mixed use), and the building is state-of-the-art.

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, J-Rob said:

Somebody more talented than me should create a semi-parody social media account on behalf of this lonely, yet majestic building in the woods. It is odd that it doesn't seem well-marketed, so maybe an UPer can help out, lol.

There is more here to see than just what meets the eye passing by. The courtyard with water features is beautiful, there is ample room for expansion (office or mixed use), and the building is state-of-the-art.

"Centene By The Stream" you got it.  @CenteneAbandon on X/Twitter

Edited by CLT Development
  • Haha 4

True that Goldman campus is area like Southend or Midtown Charlotte.   URP is adding lots of housing on the permiter of the park I drove by yesterday and saw another new apartment complex underway and for sale townhomes.  In fact there are new for sale townhomes within walking distance of this Centene building.   

I am just astounded that I can't find any marketing materials a website or anything about it.  

• Like 2

"Centene settlement with South Carolina raises total payout to $964.8M"

"The pact is the latest in a string of settlements since 2021 that Centene has reached with at least 18 state governments totaling $964.8 million. In a June 2021 regulatory filing,

Centene said it had set aside $1.1 billion in reserve related to allegations in several states regarding its pharmacy benefit management practices."

from the Charlotte Business Journal 

1 hour ago, midtownclt said:

"Centene settlement with South Carolina raises total payout to $964.8M"

"The pact is the latest in a string of settlements since 2021 that Centene has reached with at least 18 state governments totaling $964.8 million. In a June 2021 regulatory filing,

Centene said it had set aside $1.1 billion in reserve related to allegations in several states regarding its pharmacy benefit management practices."

from the Charlotte Business Journal 

more reason they will sell this building at a discount it is a good buy.  I would offer 70 cents on the dollar on what they built it for.    Still wondering why I dont see a marketing blitz for this building. 

• Like 1

The optimist in me hopes the veiled marketing means something is already in the works, lol. I thought it previously had a Governor Hunt address (even internally to Centene, but maybe I am wrong about that). I am surprised it is marketed with a Centene Court address. 

• Like 2