Pinnacle at 31st Street (Under Construction)

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

I wish I could take credit for this photo, but I saw this on IG and it blew my mind. If I hadn’t seen the caption I would’ve thought it was somewhere like Miami. 

IMG_0095.jpeg

Edited by BFG
Formatting
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I could take or leave the architecture, but it adds density to a more upscale area of VB so I do like it for that reason.

Things like this are what makes a city grow. VB now has its tourist trap with the Strip, entertainment areas popping up with the surf park, the upscale hotels and apartments from 30th Street on up, then the arts in the ViBe District. I know the locals hate the traffic and the concept of a year-round beach, but I think it works and is honestly a necessary evil. Really wish we could've gotten the arena built a few years ago. Still dunno how that deal fell apart.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BFG said:

I could take or leave the architecture, but it adds density to a more upscale area of VB so I do like it for that reason.

Things like this are what makes a city grow. VB now has its tourist trap with the Strip, entertainment areas popping up with the surf park, the upscale hotels and apartments from 30th Street on up, then the arts in the ViBe District. I know the locals hate the traffic and the concept of a year-round beach, but I think it works and is honestly a necessary evil. Really wish we could've gotten the arena built a few years ago. Still dunno how that deal fell apart.

Agreed.  As for the arena, that is one tangled tale full of intrigue which, as you know,  ended up in a court room with the City, the Defendant, emerging victorious in the end.  What's even more interesting, however, is how quickly the City moved on to build the VBSC after they cancelled the arena deal with the developers.  It's almost as if the City had been preparing for the worst--a Plan B, if you will--all along. Hmm.... Well, I know one thing is for certain:   There is no appetite on VBCC to resume talks with anyone about an arena.  I mean, first of all where would they build it now that VBSC has been erected upon the land formerly reserved for said arena. And with Capstone's proposal to fill most of the remaining surface parking with apartments/retail, there isn't much room left for anything besides a meager VBCC expansion to the West. I suppose someone could buy the hotel property just to the West of  the West surface parking at VBCC...and  then combine the two parcels?  Realistically, where else could an arena be built in VB?  Of course then you move on to financing and the inevitable public $$$ contributions, which we all know is a very sticky wicket these days.  

Edited by baobabs727
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...