Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DetroitBazaar

Favorite Frequented Nightspots

Well, three of our favorites are mentioned in the thread topic. What are yours around Detroit. For the sake of the city itself, what entertainment or nightspots do you like to frequent?

More:

Old Miami

Lager House

Gusoline Alley- yeah, it's in Royal Oak

Honest?John's is expensive and limited brew, the Bronx on the other hand is cheap and you can't beat the atmosphere and jukebox. If you like to bowl, head on over to the Garden Bowl inside the Majestic- crazy bowling balls but good clean fun and the musical acts are darn good!

Peace from DetroitBazaar

i have had good nights at the following:

-The Detroiter Bar

-Towne Pump

-The Lager House

I want to check out:

-Honest John's

Detroitbazzar, don't give up, I like this topic! I'm always looking for new places to tryout. Unfortunately, I am getting domesticated and I don't really go out and experience the night life, just the day life!

I typically only go to the Detroiter bar for their hose special. 1/2 lb burger topped with ham, bacon, swiss cheese, american cheese, and served with a draft beer for under $8.00! It might take a few years off of your life but it's so good...

Yeah, I have also had a very good time every time I've been at the Town Pump. I really like the pub atmosphere.

I am really starting to like Jacoby's. Good beer on tab, good food, cool old building, great atmoshere and the second oldest liquor license in the state. I want to check out a band there some evening.

Another place I haven't been too at night (just during the day), but really want to, is a new Irish Pub called the Cock 'n' Bull. I believe they have an Irish band on the weekend.

Although the Old Shil is a dump, it's always a happening place and a good time.

I've always liked the Detroit brewing company too.

Has anyone been to the Center St. Pub in Harmonie Park?

Where is Honest John's or the Lager House?

I need to get out more. Too much studying...

The place I frequent most though is by far the Detroit Beer Company on Broadway.

Detroit Beer Co, good bar food and good beer. Great place to watch the Piston's games during the finals too. The place is packed and the crowd really gets in to it.

Nancy Wiskey's - cool old bar in North Corktown, Only been a couple of times, but I've heard some great blues there.

Apex Bar - great neighborhood bar Livernois / Michigan area. Very homey, old school (been there since the 20's), very cool.

Bronx Bar - I dig it, beer & baskets of bacon. Ummmm, bacon.

Roof Deck at Tom's Oyster Bar can be cool on the right night.

If you want to spend a few bucks, the bar at Coach Insignia on top of the Ren Cen is cool. Neat atmosphere and the view....

The bar at Coach Insignia isn't expensive. I paid $8.00 for a bottle of Miller Lite and bottle of Sierra Nevada which is close to the same or cheaper than I'd pay at any other bar.

Baskets of bacon? I like the sound of that! I really need to pay the Bronx Bar a visit.

Rock and Roll everybody,

ebaldy asked:

"Where is Honest John's or the Lager House?"

Honest?Johns:

Honest?John's Bar and No Grill is at 488 Selden South of Wayne State in the Cass Corridor, tell em DetroitBazaar sent ya, lol.

The Lager House has good beer and bands.

Lager House Detroit at 1254 Michigan Ave in Corktown!

Haven't been in the Center St. Pub in Harmonie Park, been by it, my friends go there occasionally and I've heard good things.

Every now and then I'll head on over to the Magic Stick on Woodward, or 5th Avenue in either Royal Oak or Downtown if it's not too busy for some pool.

Old Miami is good too, gritty feel, good music, cool people.

Want to go to Detroit Beer Co. Detroit brewing company- same place?- and will soon.

Used to go to St. Andrews Hall for concerts, not lately though.

Peace and more as I have the time.

Detroit Beer Co, good bar food and good beer.  Great place to watch the Piston's games during the finals too.  The place is packed and the crowd really gets in to it.

Indeed! I was there on the second level for game 4 I think it was...was hungry out of my mind, ordered the BBQ chicken pizza and scarfed the whole thing, all while watching the Pistons beat Miami in my hometown bar and big screen! The irony? I'm not a big beer drinker. lol :alc:

Magic Stick is my favorite place to go when I am back in Detroit. Followed by a trip to American Coney Island to sober up for a bit.