Orlando City SC

I don't follow the Pride (women's team), just the men's team. The Pride have been pretty much a disaster from the start with multiple issues off the field, poor results on the field, and players with some poor attitudes and agendas.  Never really got into their team. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dcluley98 said:

I don't follow the Pride (women's team), just the men's team. The Pride have been pretty much a disaster from the start with multiple issues off the field, poor results on the field, and players with some poor attitudes and agendas.  Never really got into their team. 

Ahhh. We’ll just have to wait.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While we’ve got NASCAR going to the Windy City for @jrs2, we’ve got EPL powerhouse Arsenal right here at Exploria tomorrow for @dcluley98.

Orlando City joins the Brits in spotlight for a soccer friendly:
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-soccer/os-sp-orlando-city-chelsea-florida-cup-preview-20220719-5lvyltzuhzhdhn7svjxdomqnz4-story.html

From The Sentinel 

41 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

New record set for soccer at Citrus Bowl in last weekend’s Arsenal- Chelsea match:

https://bungalower.com/2022/07/24/over-63000-fans-filled-camping-world-stadium-for-florida-cup-match/

From Bungalower 

I drove past on the 408 and I was trying to figure out what on Earth was going on.  That place was pumping.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, Marc Daniels says FCS will be bringing more top tier friendlies to the Citrus Bowl, even as Orlando City attendance is on a downswing (he notes winning would help).

https://969thegame.iheart.com/content/2022-07-25-marc-daniels-monday-notebook-soccer-city-usa-dqs-xfl-rockys-trainer/

From FM96.9 The Game

I wore my "lucky" blue shorts.  LOL.  

That was the BIGGEST game in Orlando City SC history, and it now leads to the next Biggest Game ever.  This team has somehow managed to put itself in position to host the U.S. Open Cup Championship game and EVERYBODY in Orlando should recognize that and every soccer fan should show up to the game to cheer them on September 7.  

FILL EXPLORIA! 

• Like 2

Tickets are on sale for this  US Open Cup Championship match: https://www.ticketmaster.com/2022-us-open-cup-final-orlando-orlando-florida-09-07-2022/event/22005CFC978AB40F?_ga=2.263684812.11668666.1659134949-233613015.1656312962

Buy a ticket, tell your friends and family. 

This is as close as this city has gotten to a Trophy since 2009 or so. . .Take the chance to see our local team succeed. 

#FillExploria

DO IT! 

do-it-ben-stiller.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

Tickets are on sale for this  US Open Cup Championship match: https://www.ticketmaster.com/2022-us-open-cup-final-orlando-orlando-florida-09-07-2022/event/22005CFC978AB40F?_ga=2.263684812.11668666.1659134949-233613015.1656312962

Buy a ticket, tell your friends and family. 

This is as close as this city has gotten to a Trophy since 2009 or so. . .Take the chance to see our local team succeed. 

#FillExploria

DO IT! 

do-it-ben-stiller.gif

BE PURPLE!

• Like 1

I never watch OCSC.  Last night we're flipping channels and Mrs. Strong says "Hey, wait.  Supposedly the team is doing super well and going to some fancy trophy cup.  It's at 88 minutes."

Boy was that a flaming pile of poop.  Leading 1-0 at the end of the game, except they gave up 2 goals in the imaginary play time at the end of soccer games that no one ever seems* to be able to explain. 

* I fully understand that they don't stop the game, so they are adding on time.  However, the part that no one can explain is how they come to that number.  If they add 4 minutes of stoppage time, it should be 4 minutes and it should be because there are 4 minutes to make up.  However, it seems random.  There were 7 minutes of stopped play?  Let's round that to 3 minutes!  OK we're going to add 3 minutes of time, unless it starts getting good and then we'll just add time until is stops being good.  If someone might come back we'll just decide to blow the final whistle when we get around to it.  It's very random.

4 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I never watch OCSC.  Last night we're flipping channels and Mrs. Strong says "Hey, wait.  Supposedly the team is doing super well and going to some fancy trophy cup.  It's at 88 minutes."

Boy was that a flaming pile of poop.  Leading 1-0 at the end of the game, except they gave up 2 goals in the imaginary play time at the end of soccer games that no one ever seems* to be able to explain. 

* I fully understand that they don't stop the game, so they are adding on time.  However, the part that no one can explain is how they come to that number.  If they add 4 minutes of stoppage time, it should be 4 minutes and it should be because there are 4 minutes to make up.  However, it seems random.  There were 7 minutes of stopped play?  Let's round that to 3 minutes!  OK we're going to add 3 minutes of time, unless it starts getting good and then we'll just add time until is stops being good.  If someone might come back we'll just decide to blow the final whistle when we get around to it.  It's very random.

Don’t worry, @HankStrong- just four weeks until Your Hometown National Champions will be playing. 

Charge On!

• Confused 1

There are still a couple of thousand seats left. 

In other news, Orlando City SC has purchase the lot directly to the east of the Stadium where the Church is that blocked their initial site plan.  This will likely be used for multi-use development including some parking.  Could be similar to MEC type plans. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/08/02/florida-orlando-city-sc-soccer-mls-downtown-stadiu.html

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

In other news, Orlando City SC has purchase the lot directly to the east of the Stadium where the Church is that blocked their initial site plan.  This will likely be used for multi-use development including some parking.  Could be similar to MEC type plans. 

https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/news/2022/08/02/florida-orlando-city-sc-soccer-mls-downtown-stadiu.html

I thought that church was the epitome of classic architecture and the home of countless devoted followers who would be cut off from God himself if it was removed?

*insert sarcasm*

13 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

I thought that church was the epitome of classic architecture and the home of countless devoted followers who would be cut off from God himself if it was removed?

*insert sarcasm*

It wasn’t the architecture holding up that one. It wasn’t all that old and unremarkable to boot. That was all about the big payday someone thought they were gonna get. It’s just a shame someone’s greed messed up the street grid in the area.

Edited by spenser1058

21 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

So the church was offered $4M over 7 years ago and now they sell for $3.45...? Brilliant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

The US Open Cup Final on September 7 is now officially a Sell-out.  This is the first sell-out in several years for Exploria stadium and the biggest game in the MLS history of the team. 

https://www.orlandocitysc.com/news/2022-lamar-hunt-u-s-open-cup-final-officially-sold-out

Woohoo!

• 2 weeks later...