Sign in to follow this  
skirby

Death by COVID-19

As the restrictions  on business continues I thought a list of those shut down and not reopening would be appropriate.

Atlas Bar in SOMA.

Zeteo  Coffee in the River Market.

Cathead's Diner in the East Village. Rock City Eats is reporting that space will become a second location for McClard's BBQ out of Hot Springs.

Newk's NLR

Old Chicago NLR

Old Chicago Conway

Panera Conway

Zaffino's Sherwood

Copeland's Little Rock

54 minutes ago, Smith said:

Copeland's Little Rock

Copelands?  Really?  I hand't heard that...sure it isn't temporary?

19 minutes ago, Architect said:

Copelands?  Really?  I hand't heard that...sure it isn't temporary?

I saw an equipment auction for Copeland's coming up Aug 20 so that doesn't sound temporary.

8 minutes ago, jnholmes said:

FYI: Zaffino's didn't close because of COVID-19. 

I just saw they said they were closed for reorganizing then announced it was closed permanently.  I am sure Covid-19 didn't help even if it wasn't the cause.

9 hours ago, theman said:

IHOP on Maumelle Blvd is closed.

Oh, crap!  Things are getting really bad when an...

Oh, never mind.  It's not a Waffle House that closed.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, Smith said:

I saw an equipment auction for Copeland's coming up Aug 20 so that doesn't sound temporary.

I just saw they said they were closed for reorganizing then announced it was closed permanently.  I am sure Covid-19 didn't help even if it wasn't the cause.

The lady that owned Zaffino's has a serious health issue. I know the person who is taking the space over as a new restaurant concept.

Has anyone heard an update on the Capital Hotel reopening? A former employee told me that there is chatter that it is permanently closed. 

9 hours ago, jnholmes said:

Has anyone heard an update on the Capital Hotel reopening? A former employee told me that there is chatter that it is permanently closed. 

I would suggest that there is ZERO chance that it is closed permanently.  This hotel is WELL funded.  Cash flow has never been an issue.

23 hours ago, Architect said:

I would suggest that there is ZERO chance that it is closed permanently.  This hotel is WELL funded.  Cash flow has never been an issue.

Yeah, I would agree.  The Capital Hotel is one of Stephens' babies along with the Alotian.  He takes good care of her I doubt he'd let anything happen.