As the restrictions  on business continues I thought a list of those shut down and not reopening would be appropriate.

Atlas Bar in SOMA.

Zeteo  Coffee in the River Market.

Cathead's Diner in the East Village. Rock City Eats is reporting that space will become a second location for McClard's BBQ out of Hot Springs.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, crap!  Things are getting really bad when an... Oh, never mind.  It's not a Waffle House that closed.  

Just read a headline from the Arkansas Times that the Capital Hotel may be reopening. They are apparently advertising for positions at the hotel. It will be nice to get it back going again.

The Peabody in Memohisnis finding it extremely difficult to get staffed back up. Most found new employment elsewhere and like it better.   On that note starting  FedEx package handlers are n

19 minutes ago, Architect said:

Copelands?  Really?  I hand't heard that...sure it isn't temporary?

I saw an equipment auction for Copeland's coming up Aug 20 so that doesn't sound temporary.

8 minutes ago, jnholmes said:

FYI: Zaffino's didn't close because of COVID-19. 

I just saw they said they were closed for reorganizing then announced it was closed permanently.  I am sure Covid-19 didn't help even if it wasn't the cause.

On 8/4/2020 at 9:41 AM, Smith said:

I saw an equipment auction for Copeland's coming up Aug 20 so that doesn't sound temporary.

I just saw they said they were closed for reorganizing then announced it was closed permanently.  I am sure Covid-19 didn't help even if it wasn't the cause.

The lady that owned Zaffino's has a serious health issue. I know the person who is taking the space over as a new restaurant concept.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, jnholmes said:

Has anyone heard an update on the Capital Hotel reopening? A former employee told me that there is chatter that it is permanently closed. 

I would suggest that there is ZERO chance that it is closed permanently.  This hotel is WELL funded.  Cash flow has never been an issue.

23 hours ago, Architect said:

I would suggest that there is ZERO chance that it is closed permanently.  This hotel is WELL funded.  Cash flow has never been an issue.

Yeah, I would agree.  The Capital Hotel is one of Stephens' babies along with the Alotian.  He takes good care of her I doubt he'd let anything happen.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This isn't new "news" and it's certainly an off-the-main path retailer, but...

Steinmart

Personally, this is one that I hate to see because I loved this store!  Note that the company filed for bankruptcy and ALL of the locations closed, not just the central Arkansas locations.

• 2 weeks later...

Staples in West Little Rock is closing on February (11th, if I remember correctly).  I recently bought something from there and got the notice in the receipt, directing customers to the Conway store after the closure.

Staples have also expressed interest in acquiring Office Depot recently (and in the past, unsuccessfully)  but no deal is inminent.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2021/01/19/office-depot-rejects-takeover-offer-from-rival-staples-wsj-reports.html

Bed Bath & Beyond in Conway is also closing soon.

Edited by Engineer
2 hours ago, Smith said:

Kimchi Korean Restaurant closed a little while back and the family sited Covid-19. There was a slight hint at hoping to reopen but seems very doubtful.

Maybe I'm confusing this with another asian restaurant, but I thought they were closing because the family was moving (and there was some hope that someone might take over operations)?

On 1/21/2021 at 12:20 PM, Architect said:

Maybe I'm confusing this with another asian restaurant, but I thought they were closing because the family was moving (and there was some hope that someone might take over operations)?

Not sure. Google shows as permanently closed. I went back and reread the FB post and it says:

"We appreciate the tremendous amount of love and support. As of 10/31/20 Kimchi will be closed until further notice. Again thank you all very much it was a wonderful experience and we are very grateful for the chance to spread the love of Korean cuisine."

• 2 months later...
On 10/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, jnholmes said:

Has anyone heard an update on the Capital Hotel reopening? A former employee told me that there is chatter that it is permanently closed. 

Just read a headline from the Arkansas Times that the Capital Hotel may be reopening. They are apparently advertising for positions at the hotel. It will be nice to get it back going again.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, theman said:

The Peabody in Memohisnis finding it extremely difficult to get staffed back up. Most found new employment elsewhere and like it better.

On that note starting  FedEx package handlers are now at $20 bucks an hr with a $2 premium on top of that for the overnight.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/9/2021 at 2:26 AM, theman said:

Reopening date will be May 17th.

• Like 1