Fidelity...

vladittude0583

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh lord, I hope not. As much as I love Fidelity being here, they sure are doing a good job at tearing up Riverside Ave.... what COULD be an awesome street connecting Riverside and Downtown.

No, plans for a condo tower have not been approved, although the master plan shows there's still one more building planned at the site. In the meantime, this is what we do know.

Fidelity National Financial Master Plan

57705_400.jpg

Existing Campus

Everything between I-95 and circular entrance drive, in center

Under construction:

5 level parking garage: (large orange box at top of rendering)

DSCN0864.jpg

8 story office building: (orange box closest to the river)

49874_400.jpg

Fidelity Corporate Guest Lodge: (yellow box, near retention pond/lagoon)

70943_300.jpg

(little tiny building between new and existing office buildings.

13 story tower by Riverside Partners: (two orange boxes on upper right)

62568_400.jpg

According to the plan, the last building sit next to Riverside Partner's tower, facing an extended Forest Street and a new one acre park (in the works) that connects to the riverwalk. Imo, excluding the large parking garages, on Riverside Avenue, this plan will add to the riverwalk, as well as connect it to Riverside Avenue, via Forest Street.

The Fidelity campus is just getting stronger and better. Even though it is spread out instead of vertical, the complex will provide diversity to downtown's Modis and BOA towers. I hope that it will define Riverside Avenue and attract a lot of businesses to the Riverside area along the avenue.

I just wish the buildings were more inspired. They all look pretty similar.. and are just boxes. I also hope they break out of this whole "office park" look and develop something more urban, with street interaction.

Let's all remember something here - While I totally agree the site could be much better laid out, we are talking about a company that develops software, sells title insurance, and processes mortgages (none of this is really creative work). I thing that if they were more of a "fun" company you may see some better looking buildings. I realize that some companies that have very inspiring buildings are not "inspiring" companies. However, this seems to me like the exception, not the rule.

The other tower isn't being constructed by Fidelity.  Its being developed by Riverside Partners.  I don't know a specific date, but it must be soon, since the construction info is already up on Auchter's website.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought it was obvious that it wasn't being devloped by Fidelity - this actually has street interaction!

• 2 weeks later...

Totally random note ... but this seemed like as good a thread as any ...

The Fidelity mid-rise has its steel frame up to the 2nd floor today. Since it's steel and not concrete, I'd expect it to top-out rather quickly. The actual floorplate looked much smaller than I expected.

No pictures. I'll try to take some this weekend, but no guarantees

Archived