Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

17 minutes ago, Child2021 said:

I will say, if it's been scaled down it's probably a floor or two since they have rented or bought the building in Manchester.

I also wondered if by buying and renovating an existing building, which is quicker than new, that would allow them to get some staff here sooner as they wait for the completion of the new HQ.

• Like 1

Man I would love my company to be apart of this costar tower. I would kill to be on this one. My old company Davis and green was part of 600 canal place. They said that job was a pain in the but always constantly waiting on someone else to finish on their work so we could proceed further. 

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 7:01 PM, Hike said:

I also wondered if by buying and renovating an existing building, which is quicker than new, that would allow them to get some staff here sooner as they wait for the completion of the new HQ.

On 7/23/2022 at 7:08 PM, wrldcoupe4 said:

I think Manchester gets them by until the new building. They are bursting at the seams. 

This was my bet as they just needed space as they transitioned employees down.  Trying to bring thousands at building completion would be unfeasible.  They can then lease off, redevelop, etc. the Manchester building.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Child2021 said:

Any news of the start of Costar's buliding?

I'm hoping (praying!!) we'll see some announcement of site work or port-o-potties being delivered to the site. Every time I look at one of the TV weather skycams at the skyline, I think about the CoStar building, wondering when in the name of heaven they're gonna finally break ground on this project!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone heard anything more about when CoStar is set break ground on the new building? I saw they were taking core samples the other week but I also heard from an employee that their property listing on the CoStar Product now says construction start in Jan 2023. I don't have a way to verify that last bit however so take it with a grain of salt. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BigBobbyG said:

Anyone heard anything more about when CoStar is set break ground on the new building? I saw they were taking core samples the other week but I also heard from an employee that their property listing on the CoStar Product now says construction start in Jan 2023. I don't have a way to verify that last bit however so take it with a grain of salt. 

Oy vey!  I don't like the idea of more delays on this project. THAT makes me nervous. :tw_flushed:

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Hike said:

Based on this recent drone video from RVA Reddit, not a port-a-potty in site :tw_confused:

https://www.reddit.com/r/rva/comments/xns4wf/views_of_browns_island/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Maybe it's a supply chain thing - a shortage of port-o-potties... 

I have a few that I could donate - including a little one like the one with my signature crane! :tw_smiley:

istockphoto-165974044-612x612a.jpg

istockphoto-165974044-612x612 - Copy.jpg

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

I can confirm they were drilling core samples in early august, saw the machine at work and everything. I believe they canvassed the whole area (those two lots where the new buildings will sit). 

I also saw a ditch witch and markers on the other side where I believe the construction companies staging ground will be about a week ago. But I have no evidence that that equipment was there to start building out the staging ground. 

Edited by BigBobbyG
More info
  • Like 4

Just for the record, I’m not worried this tower will get built, it would just be nice to see things get started.  Was hoping construction would start this month, but perhaps there’s some minor delay.  I guess these things can take time, especially, these days with supply shortages and such high demand for construction work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eandslee said:

Just for the record, I’m not worried this tower will get built, it would just be nice to see things get started.  Was hoping construction would start this month, but perhaps there’s some minor delay.  I guess these things can take time, especially, these days with supply shortages and such high demand for construction work. 

Who is the general contractor?