Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

3 hours ago, eandslee said:

T-2 days until construction fencing is supposedly going up!

My only question is: doesn't it seem kinda odd that construction fencing would go up on a Saturday? You'd think this is something that could/would be handled during the work week - I can't imagine installation of fencing on this particular property is going to disrupt traffic or anything, given that there really IS no traffic to speak of around the CoStar site, given its rather almost "remote" location on the riverfront.

Dunno - maybe the weekend IS the time to install construction fencing - as a layman, I have little to no idea how all of this works.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

My only question is: doesn't it seem kinda odd that construction fencing would go up on a Saturday? You'd think this is something that could/would be handled during the work week - I can't imagine installation of fencing on this particular property is going to disrupt traffic or anything, given that there really IS no traffic to speak of around the CoStar site, given its rather almost "remote" location on the riverfront.

Dunno - maybe the weekend IS the time to install construction fencing - as a layman, I have little to no idea how all of this works.

Though it’s not construction fencing, I’ve seen tower cranes go up on any day of the week, including the weekends/holidays. Could be the same for construction fence set-up. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, eandslee said:

Though it’s not construction fencing, I’ve seen tower cranes go up on any day of the week, including the weekends/holidays. Could be the same for construction fence set-up. 

I know there is a lot of traffic in the morning and afternoon on the 5th street rd based on the fact that there is huge parking deck used by the Federal Reserve Bank employees and also Costar has a parking deck connected to their building as well. It is going to take some traffic control. I think they sent out a memo on how to enter and exit the parking facilities during construction. 

• Like 3

I'm eagerly awaiting both CoStar AS WELL AS the project formerly known as the Admiral to break ground in the coming weeks. IF THEY DO - then I'll be 4-for-6 on major projects that was hedging my bets would get underway during calendar-year 2022 (back in January when we were putting out our prognostications for what new projects would be developed).

Those four are:

1.) Pinecrest/Parc View (currently under construction) :tw_thumbsup:

2.) Bakery Lofts (currently under construction) :tw_thumbsup:

3.) CoStar (awaiting ground breaking) 

4.) The project formerly known as the Admiral (awaiting ground breaking)

The other two? 512 Hull Street  & Block D. Both projects were truncated/scaled back - and thus, are taken off the list as "misses". :tw_confused:

I bet they’re really waiting until after the Marathon in mid November to put up the construction fence. That would make sense since that would be the last event to take place this year on Brown’s Island and there next to, and on, CoStar property. People usually line both sides of 5th street as runners run into the finish line. Maybe instead of 15 Oct, they meant 15 November. Just a thought. 

• Like 3

"Come Monday... it'll be alright...  Come Monday... "

Mr. Buffett has been singing our song for decades! :tw_wink:

19 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Tomorrow's a Monday ... so maybe they'll start installing it then! :tw_thumbsup::tw_smiley::fun:

Gentlemen - the RVA crystal ball that I keep tucked away in a secret box in a secret corner of a secret closet of a secret room in my apartment knows all. (OKAY - SO IT'S A MAGIC 8-BALL FROM WHEN WE WERE KIDS... SHEEEESH!!!)

All I can say is:  the bill will be in the mail. :tw_wink:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 3

Once the fence is up and we know things are rolling here at the CoStar site, can we get some eyes over to 2nd and E. Marshall to keep a watch going for construction fencing/site work, etc., for The Project Formerly Known as The Admiral? I believe it was late August or sometime in September (I can't remember which) that the developer announced they'd be breaking ground "within 60 days" - which I think we had pegged as taking place no later than the first half of November.

@ancientcarpenter-- you're the closest to the 2nd & Marshall site, yes?

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2