Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

4 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

What happened to the "live" real-time versions of these cams? These are static images - WRIC used to have a live/real-time camera up and running 24/7. Have they taken that down?

I hadn’t paid attention, but yeah, these are static it seems, though it says cameras, so not sure.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

FOUND IT!! Here's the live, real-time WRIC weather cam. Rockett's Landing is the view du jour.

https://www.wric.com/weather/live-snow-sleet-freezing-rain-in-downtown-richmond/

Aw man!!  You had me thinking for a second that you had found a construction webcam when I first read your post!!  LOL! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Aw man!!  You had me thinking for a second that you had found a construction webcam when I first read your post!!  LOL! 

Fear not, Grasshopper... this WRIC weather cam actually WILL serve as a defacto construction webcam whenever the view is from the War Memorial. Betcha that happens sooner rather than later (meaning, we'll see a lot of activity even before the main tower starts to take shape). 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RVABizSenseMike said:

Since I know y'all love port-a-potties and other construction indicators: A building permit has been filed for a construction trailer to go up at the CoStar tower. 

Isn’t there already a trailer there across 5th St behind the chain-link construction fence?  Thought I saw one there last time I was there (I could be mistaken).  I’m assuming that was the CoStar construction staging area…if not, is it the staging area for the amphitheater construction?  BTW, what’s up with that project anyway?  Thought that was already supposed to have started. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RVABizSenseMike said:

Since I know y'all love port-a-potties and other construction indicators: A building permit has been filed for a construction trailer to go up at the CoStar tower. 

Indeed we do! :tw_smiley: Port-a-potties are among the many symbols of a city's success!  image.jpeg.29f903bb86e6630a2a180a2dfb807e42.jpeg

Thanks for the heads up, Mike! That's very good news indeed. :tw_thumbsup:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RVABizSenseMike said:

I believe the amphitheater project is still in planning. It's my understanding (and don't take this as official reporting) that it's a bit more complicated than other projects in town because there aren't many utilities that feed that part of Tredegar. But I can't say I know for certain that that's the case. 

Mike - a few questions for you unrelated to the topic of the amphitheater or CoStar (or even port-a-potties :tw_joy:)

1.)  We've learned that paperwork for building permits have been filed (FINALLY) for what we're lovingly calling The Project Formerly Known as The Admiral at 2nd and E. Marshall. What do you hear on the street about when shovels of dirt might FINALLY be turned? We've been waiting a LONG LONG time for this one - and it's been in the pipeline for quite a while. I know that I personally will exhale when ground breaks on this building.

2.) POD has been filed for a 181-unit apartment building at 5th and E. Franklin (technically 509 E. Franklin) - to replace the crumbling parking garage currently there. Any word on the street about what might be forthcoming? (How tall will it be? How long it might be before we see any activity there, etc.) -- Not to blow up your reporting for RBS - but are there any golden nuggets for us to look forward to  and drool over on this potential development? Is this a project we might actually see get underway in 2023?

3. ) And FINALLY - do you think we'll see Tom Papa move on any of his projects on either side of the river? Namely South Falls II in Manchester - and either of the Locks (7 & 8 ) buildings along the canal?

I realize you might not be at liberty to reveal what you know for proprietary reporting reasons - totally understandable. But I figured it's worth posing the questions because inquiring minds want to know and some of us (like me!!) are chomping at the bit to get a read on what might be on the horizon for 2023!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RVABizSenseMike said:

1) I'm hoping to talk to the developer of this one soon and will certainly ask what the status is. (IMO, they wouldn't have spent as much as they did for that land if they weren't all-in on that project, but who knows). 

2) This is on my radar. Stay tuned. It's my understanding that preliminary plans show this project would be pushing 10 stories. 

3) I'd honestly forgot about this one -- I'll check in with Tom soon. 

Thanks, Mike! VERY exciting that the 5th & Franklin project could reach 10 stories - wow - that would be a great add in the central-most portion of downtown, given that 5th and Franklin can be viewed as being at a 'confluence' so to speak of three distinct districts: the new City Center (southern-most portion thereof), Capital/Financial District (western portion), Monroe Ward (eastern portion). I'm VERY eager to hear/see more.

Re: Tom Papa - that man has more irons in the developmental fire than Walter Parks has building designs - what with one, and maybe two, towers on the Manchester riverfront, two buildings on the canal, and a couple in the works in the bourgeoning Grace Street corridor. He's another one who, if he gets all his buildings constructed and filled, could win the Starship's "We Built This City" award! 

Anyway - humble thanks, as always, Mike! You are beyond awesome!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Mike, if you want to be noticed (more) around here, I vote to change your avatar to something more soothing for this forum... like, idk, a port-a-potty? image.jpeg.29f903bb86e6630a2a180a2dfb807e42.jpeg

Always great to see your insight. Thanks for the good work you do!

I second @ancientcarpenter's motion!

ALL IN FAVOR, SAY "AYE!!!" 

Mike - if you do, we'll know for sure it's you! :tw_smiley:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, RVABizSenseMike said:

Ha, next time I see a picturesque port-a-potty I'll snap a photo and make it my avatar here.

And thanks again everyone for reading and sharing our stories, we appreciate it!

You'd think that of all cities, Richmond might sport a few "historic" port-a-potties, no?  I wouldn't be surprised to fine a few port-a-potty preservationists lurking about the River City. :tw_wink:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, marinog711 said:

Why don’t we all meet up and get a group photo in front of a port-a-potty ?  I’m thinking of the ones on brown island so we can get the city skyline in the background 

Love this idea!  I’ve been wanting to get the group together for quite some time now. We’d have to do it on a Saturday or other day off so that those of us who are not local can come down. The photo would be awesome too!  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, marinog711 said:

Why don’t we all meet up and get a group photo in front of a port-a-potty ?  I’m thinking of the ones on brown island so we can get the city skyline in the background 

These are the niche groups I've been looking for my entire life. I'm up for it:tw_joy:  Imagine if we could time it with the CoStar crane?! Probably not a good idea - some of us may get too excited.

Edited by ancientcarpenter
  • Haha 4

My gosh.  Perhaps we can make the Guiness Book of World Records for the most people in a port-o-potty. 

Same here.  It would have to be a Saturday or Sunday get together due to work obligations.  Love to see your faces.

Edited by Shakman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Shakman said:

My gosh.  Perhaps we can make the Guiness Book of World Records for the most people in a port-o-potty. 

Same here.  It would have to be a Saturday or Sunday get together due to work obligations.  Love to see your faces.

I clock in at around three bills - so I take up one of these damn things by myself. :tw_flushed::tw_joy: