Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

4 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

See? Nothing to see :( 

C127C3AB-C94F-4CFF-B076-972E050A57CA.jpeg

What?!  There’s plenty to see here!  I can see some stakes in the ground, a tracked auger, and I can see that there isn’t any other major equipment on site.  Sometimes it’s just good to see that there’s nothing “sexy” going on…but definitely, this picture says a lot!  So, thanks for taking and posting this.

Now, I’m going to zoom in and study this photo some more. :D

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Someone on Reddit (r/rva) posted this recent photo of the construction going on at CoStar.  The blue circles were pointing out construction equipment...I just want a webcam...is that too much to ask?

Costar construction.jpeg

Saw that post but not the image, looked there earlier today.
The post is a father looking for active construction sites so he can take his young son to watch the big construction vehicles. 

I remember that period of time with my dad and that followed up with a steel Tonka dump truck, not  the plastic one.  I could ride in it, dump dirt, build stuff,  was my favorite toy, probably why I ended up in this field, thanks dad! 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Hike said:

Saw that post but not the image, looked there earlier today.
The post is a father looking for active construction sites so he can take his young son to watch the big construction vehicles. 

I remember that period of time with my dad and that followed up with a steel Tonka dump truck, not  the plastic one.  I could ride in it, dump dirt, build stuff,  was my favorite toy, probably why I ended up in this field, thanks dad! 

Love the analogy. Beautiful, actually. Made me smile. :tw_smile:

And nowadays - we have Construction Simulator for Windows and Mac OS :tw_joy:

• Like 1

When my dad had his contracting company I always loved riding with him on his long reach excavators we had a link belt we had a few track bull dozers  a couple front end loaders and a wheeled back hoe and several dump trucks and a semi tractor trailer dump truck. When I was 12 years old I started to learn to use the back hoe and always loved using it. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eandslee said:

Uh oh….just heard from a friend that construction at CoStar has stopped…stopped because the construction costs have increased and they are working on the budget. My oh my…hope this doesn’t mean they will truncate the project in any way. 

WHAT THE HECK???

What - it just stopped cold - today?

3 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Not sure if it was today…but word is that construction has stopped. 

Sorry. Don’t know any more than this. Hopefully, if indeed true, doesn’t last long nor will affect the project in any way. CoStar will just have to cough up the $$!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Sorry. Don’t know any more than this. Hopefully, if indeed true, doesn’t last long nor will affect the project in any way. CoStar will just have to cough up the $$!

No worries - yeah, me too.

@RVABizSenseMike-- are you guys hearing ANYTHING at all on construction at the CoStar tower site just STOPPING due to construction costs? I'm a little knocked over thinking that budget would be a problem for CoStar's deep pockets.

@wrldcoupe4-- are you hearing anything about this?

• Like 1

Bummer…..

If it were interior or exterior changes, finishes, glazing, HVAC, plumbing, etc. products, in an effort to save money, they wouldn’t stop the site clearing. To me, that signals the footprint is changing so they need to stop while they revisit the footprint.  The area in red seems like a likely place to start. I’m not sure what the program is for this area but IMO it seems like a “nice to have, but not necessary to function” and could easily reduce in size, scale back, become more modular, less Frank Lloyd Wright, perhaps go in the tower (taller?) and cut out a huge chunk of cost for this project and explain why site clearing has stopped.

B093A707-9C13-45C0-9C31-44D1F968E65A.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hike said:

Bummer…..

If it were interior or exterior changes, finishes, glazing, HVAC, plumbing, etc. products, in an effort to save money, they wouldn’t stop the site clearing. To me, that signals the footprint is changing so they need to stop while they revisit the footprint.  The area in red seems like a likely place to start. I’m not sure what the program is for this area but IMO it seems like a “nice to have, but not necessary to function” and could easily reduce in size, scale back, become more modular, less Frank Lloyd Wright, perhaps go in the tower (taller?) and cut out a huge chunk of cost for this project and explain why site clearing has stopped.

B093A707-9C13-45C0-9C31-44D1F968E65A.jpeg

Actually, I’m hoping what was told to me about this is wrong. I just mentioned it here with the hope that someone can confirm it.  I don’t want to spread rumors, but I want to make sure the info I get can be corroborated. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Actually, I’m hoping what was told to me about this is wrong. I just mentioned it here with the hope that someone can confirm it.  I don’t want to spread rumors, but I want to make sure the info I get can be corroborated. 

Understand, hopefully all is well and nothing to see here . If there is a stoppage, there are other reasons that are less design intrusive, like no permit, someone not paid, issue with drawing coordination between trades, site different than expected and must change,  etc. 

• Like 1