Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

I assumed those were for the development along Arthur Ashe, the famous drive-thrus. 
They  look great,  very nice finishes (nicest of any mock up I’ve seen).   Very  nice, lush colours and shiny.  Looks expensive.  It would make sense if they are for CoStar.  Is it typical for the mock ups to be so far away from the actual sites though?  Novel has some out on the side street too…the typical cheap looking concrete board. 

Thanks for the reports everyone!  Looks like this was just scuttlebutt as @RVABizSenseMike called it.  This is good news indeed.  It’s also good to be able clear up some of the chaff I get sometimes.  Sorry to create a ripple in this wonderful community!  Funny thing is that all eyes were on CoStar today! :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Thanks for the reports everyone!  Looks like this was just scuttlebutt as @RVABizSenseMike called it.  This is good news indeed.  It’s also good to be able clear up some of the chaff I get sometimes.  Sorry to create a ripple in this wonderful community!  Funny thing is that all eyes were on CoStar today! :)

CoStar is the home run ball for 2023 at this point. I honestly think that if so much as one single CoStar construction worker sneezes, we'll all be freaking out on this board! 

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Hike said:

Just saw this article on the RTD, the head line captured my attention, wondered “why were they moving a statue of Lincoln from Tredegar?” 

They’re moving it to make way for the amphitheater. It doesn’t get into details on that project, says proposed, but moving a statue, to me, says the amphitheater project is close, why else remove it…

https://richmond.com/news/local/lincoln-statue-moved-from-tredegar-to-the-valentine/article_eb14deb2-9e6d-11ed-bc2b-7f8d1a5b0bf2.html
https://richmond.com/news/local/lincoln-statue-moved-from-tredegar-to-the-valentine/article_eb14deb2-9e6d-11ed-bc2b-7f8d1a5b0bf2.html#tracking-source=home-top-story

Yeah - I think you're right about this. Wow - this is starting to move now, too! Excellent news indeed.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

I can’t open the article. Is it temporary? Will they find a new home? No offense, but it is kind of like putting it up in the attic by putting it at the Valentine. I liked the message if that statue in a more public view. 

Here's the meat & potatoes from the RT-D:

The statue, which was moved Jan. 7, is now situated in The Valentine’s 10th Street terrace between Clay and Marshall streets. Martin expects the statue to remain at The Valentine to be its caretaker for “a few years.”

“We are grateful to the Valentine Museum for ensuring that this significant work of art will remain accessible to the public,” said Doyle Sapp, superintendent of Richmond National Battlefield Park and Maggie L. Walker National Historic Site, in a news release earlier this month. “The loan will enable the statue and its story to continue to educate and inspire people while the National Park Service and its partners explore options for a new, permanent location.”

• Like 3

3 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

When I first saw this - I immediately said "RUT ROHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" - but after reading through the story, I'm replacing it with "DON'T PANIC" in BIG, friendly letters (a la "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

RBS is reporting that developers are pushing back the opening of the amphitheater a full year due to delays in starting construction. Site work is underway and will continue - but delays have disrupted their time-table and rather than rush to try to meet the original fimeframe- they're taking a more conservative approach and being generous with building in sufficient time to get fully underway and to develop the project.

Some NIFTY, NEW RENDERINGS over which we may all pretend to be Pavlov's Dog! 🤤

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2023/01/30/riverfront-amphitheater-target-date-pushed-back-a-year-as-prep-work-continues/

Amphitheater-1.jpg

Amphitheater-2-700x514.jpeg

Amphitheater-3.jpg

Amphitheater2-700x467.jpg

Screenshot (2910).png

Between Costar and this project, the riverfront is about to have a busy summer. I like the fact that they said they’re starting soon and actually finishing in late 2024, ahead of the outdoor music scene for 2025.  

I’d like to see a rendering of the back of the stage building, that has a prominent location and lot of visibility as well. 

“The group expects that construction could start by early summer, with the project’s 18-month schedule putting completion at the end of 2024 at the earliest.”

• Like 2

So glad RBS did a follow up on this.  I was afraid that it wasn’t going to happen, but this gives me hope that everything is still on the table…just delayed a bit. Seeing preparations being made on the land is also encouraging.  Love the new renderings…just wish the color was a little brighter than doo doo brown. Other than that, love it!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, eandslee said:

Oh, don’t forget the new website:

https://www.rvaamp.com

So glad to see this project progressing despite the delay. 

Also, this isn’t exactly a part of Foundry Park/CoStar…what do you all think about starting a new thread for this amphitheater at Tredegar?

I thought about that last night as well - and I'd be in favor of a new subthread.

@Icetera- what say you?

Dirt is definitely being moved at CoStar!!

I've been watching the excavator loading up dump trucks with dirt -- the view from the WRIC-8 weather cam at the Virginia War Memorial is PERFECT. It's helped by the lack of foliage right now, and obviously the trees will change this in a few months. But for now - we can CLEARLY see the excavator just digging away and dropping scoop after glorious scoop into dump trucks.

Check out the screen shot from the WRIC-8 cam - I zoomed in on the excavator.

Screenshot (2912a).jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, I miss RVA said:

Dirt is definitely being moved at CoStar!!

I've been watching the excavator loading up dump trucks with dirt -- the view from the WRIC-8 weather cam at the Virginia War Memorial is PERFECT. It's helped by the lack of foliage right now, and obviously the trees will change this in a few months. But for now - we can CLEARLY see the excavator just digging away and dropping scoop after glorious scoop into dump trucks.

Check out the screen shot from the WRIC-8 cam - I zoomed in on the excavator.

Screenshot (2912a).jpg

I dig it!

• Haha 3