Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

5 hours ago, eandslee said:

Oh, don’t forget the new website:

https://www.rvaamp.com

So glad to see this project progressing despite the delay. 

Also, this isn’t exactly a part of Foundry Park/CoStar…what do you all think about starting a new thread for this amphitheater at Tredegar?

I am not sure it warrants its own thread, which can get cumbersome, but perhaps I could relocate into Parks & Rec?

21 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Oooo look!  You got a 2-for-1 image in the first photo - the mock-up and a port-a-potty!!  I think this one is in the lead for the best so far this week!  Very strategic Coupe!:thumbsup:

Cool photos…hard to see really well, but great nevertheless!  Thanks for posting!

What's a good RVA development photo nowadays without a port-a-potty! :tw_wink:

2 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Here are the facade mock ups. They are substantial. The only project in town it’s for is likely costar and seems to match up with the facade in the renderings.  They are angled away from the street so hard to get a good image. 

85B7A264-D5EB-48EA-9ADE-19537D4AD974.jpeg

That appears to be on Thalhimers' property and I am unaware of them having any involvement with CoStar's construction.  They are part of the Diamond District project though, correct?  Also perhaps for the lower floor of the mixed use building on Ellen (about where that port-a-potty is located)?
5AI-xGzxFml2Jnx7DSEtx-Cki6fSgphpuJB24FK2T8tofCS_uYGFXiNpKniehqEEyKN14niu53-BzlrXUBbMUl_IETCadfLcoWrpdubCQo2DOYzTJPgFMa1Ve4UVQp6ff0TxxrCsSGhGBGDlU1S6KQRt0XeCb5E43eJbSyR58ZbFNQsnnydtJ_xtLmUyZKTZj_A?session=0&fife=s16383

• Like 2

It’s really hard to see in the photos but the finishes are super high end. 

it’s very strange for the mock-up to be so far away from the CoStar site though, and there’s lots of space near that site for this   The mock-up for Parc View is a couple blocks east of the site on Grave so I guess it’s not unprecedented.  

I will say that the steel currently being erected at our favorite drive-thru development  (same block as this mock-up) looks the same as the frames on these mock-ups (same rust color with rounded edges).   The colour scheme and the size of the windows matches the rendering of the building that is going on this site (pictured above) but this appears to be in the middle of the building site (that’s not exactly workable). 

Edited by Brent114
  • Like 2

I don’t think you’re wrong…I just hope you are :) 

1) I’d like to think that if we are only getting 2 story medical condos (isn’t that how they are marketed, haven’t  seen the brochure on this one in a long time) and some drive-thrus , at least they will be pretty.

2) I’d hate to think that we have to wait for CoStar to be finished before construction starts on the apartment building.  I’d also be thrilled if this is veneer for the apartment building (the section where the window glass covers entire floors).  Waiting 18 months for the apartment to start would be miserable.  The condo/office development already has some steel erected.  It will wrap up 14 months before CoStar.

But is does look too fancy to be either of those things.  CoStar makes sense.  I just don’t like it lol.

Edited by Brent114

5 hours ago, Brent114 said:

I’d hate to think that we have to wait for CoStar to be finished before construction starts on the apartment building.  I’d also be thrilled if this is veneer for the apartment building (the section where the window glass covers entire floors).  Waiting 18 months for the apartment to start would be miserable.  The condo/office development already has some steel erected.  It will wrap up 14 months before CoStar.

Why would they need to sit there throughout construction?  Would these not simply be used to display the design options and then be removed once determined?

They tend to stay up for most of the construction. 

I’m not even sure what the point is any more.  “Look, we can properly flash a window” was the original purpose I think?   Dunno.  
I’ve seen them  hang around for a long, long time.  Now I’m hopeful that they don’t need to be around all that long.  I feel better now :) 

I do think these are for CoStar. If a super sleuth wants to investigate, one of the panels has a repetitive  dark square motif (the top third or quarter has 18 or so dark squares maybe 10”x 10” in size in 4-5 rows).    I tried to find this on a CoStar drawing, maybe the very top of the building has this?  The resolution on my phone is t good enough to tell . 

3 hours ago, Child2021 said:

Is that a camera on top of Tredger?

20230207_162415.jpg

20230207_161624.jpg

20230207_161538.jpg

These are FANTASTIC, @Child2021!! Thanks for taking and posting these. 

Camera: image.jpeg.770583d5817703cc9c924386237d22ad.jpeg  I'm trying not to be TOO hopeful, but it certainly LOOKS like it might be. No question - you've absolutely earned a nomination for this week's RVA/UP "YOU DA MAN" AWARD and the prestigious OFFICIAL SILVER PORT-A-POTTY for this week.

Apologies for not rounding up last week's nominees just yet. I've had a hectic few days. Do we still want to do a poll? If so - are we able to set up one via the website here? (like setting up a survey?)  IF we're able to do so, maybe someone could walk me through how to do it - so we can get last week's OFFICIAL SILVER PORT-A-POTTY engraved and awarded. Life has been intervening on this end (kinda out of left field - not bad, just a little hectic)  -- so I'm a tad behind on getting stuff posted that I want/need to post. Anyway - if anyone knows if we can set up a survey/poll via the UP site - lmk! :tw_thumbsup:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

Interesting article regarding CoStar hiring and having employees physically come into work. I’m just a little confused on the number of stories (21 according to this article) of the tower and 5 vs. 6/7 that was originally planned for the multipurpose building in front of the tower. 

https://richmondmagazine.com/news/costar-office-construction/

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Interesting article regarding CoStar hiring and having employees physically come into work. I’m just a little confused on the number of stories (21 according to this article) of the tower and 5 vs. 6/7 that was originally planned for the multipurpose building in front of the tower. 

https://richmondmagazine.com/news/costar-office-construction/

The numbers seemed to be all over the place from the beginning. Maybe they'll surprise us all and build it up to 510 ft after all 😁

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Flood Zone said:

Richmond building heights invariably remind me of jokes during the baseball stats/info explosion of the 80s/90s. Like "He's hitting .375, with runners on second, and nobody out, on Tuesday, on days below 60 degrees, with his mother in attendance." So this building probably will be 510 feet, above sea level, counting the basement, when Mercury is in retrograde.

And thankfully, Mercury has been out of retrograde for about two weeks now - so I'm guessing that changes the data somewhat. :tw_wink:

• Like 1