Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

6 minutes ago, Child2021 said:

20230214_151221.jpg

20230214_152901.jpg

Heavy construction continues.

These are awesome!! Thanks SO much for taking and posting these!

From this vantage point, can you imagine how the CoStar tower will play off of the Dominion Tower? Pretty robust, all the way around.

I'm behind on getting the SILVER PORT-A-POTTIES awarded - real life has intervened the last couple of weeks on this end.

1 hour ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Here we go :)

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

These are AWESOME!  Love the perspective of that first photo!  Dang, I wish we had a construction webcam!!  Many thanks for snapping these and for posting. You work for CoStar?  Just happened to be in the building?  Or pleading the 5th?!  LOL!

4 hours ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Here we go :)

c3.jpg

c2.jpg

c1.jpg

WOW-ZERSSSS!!!

Carpenter - I honestly think this week's competition for the prestigious SILVER PORT-A-POTTY trophy for the RVA "YOU DA MAN" AWARD has been sealed up.

I'm quick-polling everyone - I propose this week's award goes to @ancientcarpenterbecause these are nearly IMPOSSIBLE photos to come by for what is THE HOME RUN project happening in downtown Richmond right now - and these pix are AMAZING. That's not to take ANYTHING away from others who have been nominated for the prestigious silver port-a-potty trophy - but, gentlemen, I think Carpenter's efforts are above and beyond the call of duty, and more than worthy of just straight up securing this week's award. (Again, unless folks are okay with multiple winners sharing the trophy).

I know -- I still have the previous weeks to account for - life has really intervened recently (long story) as to how/why/what. But everyone's nomination will be accounted for.

ANYWAY - do I hear any second's to the motion? Discussion? Thoughts?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

WOW-ZERSSSS!!!

Carpenter - I honestly think this week's competition for the prestigious SILVER PORT-A-POTTY trophy for the RVA "YOU DA MAN" AWARD has been sealed up.

I'm quick-polling everyone - I propose this week's award goes to @ancientcarpenterbecause these are nearly IMPOSSIBLE photos to come by for what is THE HOME RUN project happening in downtown Richmond right now - and these pix are AMAZING. That's not to take ANYTHING away from others who have been nominated for the prestigious silver port-a-potty trophy - but, gentlemen, I think Carpenter's efforts are above and beyond the call of duty, and more than worthy of just straight up securing this week's award. (Again, unless folks are okay with multiple winners sharing the trophy).

I know -- I still have the previous weeks to account for - life has really intervened recently (long story) as to how/why/what. But everyone's nomination will be accounted for.

ANYWAY - do I hear any second's to the motion? Discussion? Thoughts?

These pics were pretty dope (is that a word that they use these days?  I don't know...it used to be thing)!  It is rare to get photos like these, especially that first photo.  I have a submission this week too (or was it last week?), but I can concede to this submission easily.

Edited by eandslee

19 minutes ago, eandslee said:

These pics were pretty dope (is that a word that they use these days?  I don't know...it used to be thing)!  It is rare to get photos like these, especially that first photo.  I have a submission this week too (or was it last week?), but I can concede to this submission easily.

Hmmm... image.jpeg.9ba20a4110b28fe85a704ba771368657.jpeg

Yeah - I do seem to recall you have a submission that's definitely silver port-a-potty worthy (and I'm thinking I nominated you! :tw_smiley:) Soda Flats crane, I think, yes? If that's the one - then that's for last week (Saturdays are the seventh/final day of the week and I open new nominations up on Sundays - the first day of the week)- and I'm 2 trophies behind (life has intervened these last couple of weeks - long story). Child had some awesome CoStar site shots as well from Manchester - as did CitiWalker. I think what's setting Carpenter's apart (as you said - they're 'dope' :tw_thumbsup:) is that they're on-site (so lots of closeups!) - AND - the first pic (with the wide-angle lens) also happens to include the Pinecrest/Parc View crane off in the distance. How about that!

I just haven't had a chance to sit down and play with the site to put a poll together. (I'm changing location here in the next week and a half and my place is really topsy turvy right now as I pack stuff up and handle a bunch of logistical issues). I'm honestly in favor of going back and awarding everyone over the last two weeks who's been nominated a share of that week's RVA/UP YDM award and silver port-a-potty. Once I get settled, I'll be able to sit down and put some time into getting the poll to work correctly.

Long answer to a short question. Short answer is - it was last week. :tw_thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Has anyone noticed that the TV-8 weather cam at the Virginia War Memorial appears to have had its view adjusted/shifted just slightly WEST of the CoStar construction site? Meaning- it looks like the camera has been turned and is no longer pointing directly at the CoStar site. I'd be curious to know if this is just incidental or if it was done purposely (perhaps upon request by the developers - particularly if they are going to operate construction cams?)

Notice how the view has changed from even just over two weeks ago to now:

Picture 1 - January 30, 2023

Picture 2 - today - February 16, 2023 (It's been pointed in this direction all week)

image.jpeg.dd97e362831e472b28fcfc5dda472115.jpeg -- any thoughts or ideas?

Screenshot (2912).png

Screenshot (3064).png

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Has anyone noticed that the TV-8 weather cam at the Virginia War Memorial appears to have had its view adjusted/shifted just slightly WEST of the CoStar construction site? Meaning- it looks like the camera has been turned and is no longer pointing directly at the CoStar site. I'd be curious to know if this is just incidental or if it was done purposely (perhaps upon request by the developers - particularly if they are going to operate construction cams?)

Picture 2 - today - February 16, 2023 (It's been pointed in this direction all week)

Screenshot (2912).png

Screenshot (3064).png

I've noticed and don't like it!  I need the entire site within the field of view!

4 minutes ago, eandslee said:

I've noticed and don't like it!  I need the entire site within the field of view!

It's been like this all week. Last weekend the view was from Rocketts. Prior to the shift over to Rocketts, the aim was to the "old" view from the War Memorial. Whatever the reason, it's new. I'm just curious that perhaps either CoStar or the developers maybe asked WRIC to adjust the camera angle to take the construction site out of the field of vision - particularly if they (CoStar or the developer) are running/planning to run their own proprietary construction cam.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

image.jpeg.dd97e362831e472b28fcfc5dda472115.jpeg -- any thoughts or ideas?

Uneducated thought, but perhaps they adjust it over time due to the angle of the sun changing?

2 hours ago, Icetera said:

Uneducated thought, but perhaps they adjust it over time due to the angle of the sun changing?

Anything's possible- but from as far back as I can remember from the first time seeing that particular camera view - the Federal Reserve Building has always been in the view in its entirety. Usually Riverfront Plaza, too. This is the first time I've seen this viewpoint adjusted like this.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Flood Zone said:

I walk by the site pretty much every day during lunch (no activity there today when I passed by). Today these two people walked by one of the promotional banners. I overheard one say to the other, "Oooh, they're getting a Riverside Pizza." I know that was a joke, but a part of me really hopes it wasn't.

Nice daily walk location! It seems odd to me there’s no activity, thought it would be wide open getting this project rolling. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, eandslee said:

For sure!  I echo Hike here…why has the work stopped I wonder?  A little concerning being a Thursday.

I guess it could have been lunch and what’s going on is mostly still just pushing dirt and not a huge crew? Still, seems strange considering other projects I’ve seen at this phase and have seen trades tripping over each other. 

• Like 1

Sorry, folks. I didn't mean to cause alarm. It certainly could have been lunch-related (although I pass by roughly the same time each day). Or something else that's relatively innocuous. I just didn't see any work or workers on-hand at the time I passed by; I didn't mean to imply work had stopped.

Anyway, @Hike, you're right -- it's a great place to walk! Been doing it 15+ years. A fair bit of change during that time. Best addition: Potterfield Bridge. Worst: New Dominion building. Sorry, I'll never like its look.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flood Zone said:

Sorry, folks. I didn't mean to cause alarm. It certainly could have been lunch-related (although I pass by roughly the same time each day). Or something else that's relatively innocuous. I just didn't see any work or workers on-hand at the time I passed by; I didn't mean to imply work had stopped.

Anyway, @Hike, you're right -- it's a great place to walk! Been doing it 15+ years. A fair bit of change during that time. Best addition: Potterfield Bridge. Worst: New Dominion building. Sorry, I'll never like its look.

When I worked in Manchester there was no Potterfield bridge, man, that would have been nice. I walked over to Hull street, on to the flood wall, up to the Manchester bridge and back down to porter street, was a decent loop during lunch.  As for Dominion, the building looks good from a distance, get up close and it’s out of scale, no street presence, the crown looks unfinished from some angles, glad to have the building, but it has issues. 

• Like 3