Foundry Park - CoStar HQ

georgeglass

51 minutes ago, ancientcarpenter said:

Because you asked nicely:

costar2.jpg

costar1.jpg

Wow!  These pics are incredible!  Lots more work and machinery!  Even see some steal beams out there.  I wonder where they will place a concrete pad for the tower crane(s). 

Thanks for taking and posting!

• Like 3

The footprint is HUGE - and it seems to belie the depth of the excavation. I'll be curious to know how far along construction of the tower portion will be before crews move down the hill to start digging out for the smaller pavilion building.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Child2021 said:

Preparation for the Riverfront venue has begun. 

Screenshot_20230317-155514-210x420.png20230317_155042-420x315.jpg

Also, when can we reasonably expect the Costar project to have a crane on sight? 

Well, this could be interesting.  I believe this is referring to the amphitheater that is going in at this location. Based on what I read a couple months ago, it sounded like they wouldn’t be able to break ground on this until around the end of this year…but maybe something has changed…or is this just some normal grading maintenance on that hill? That area is essentially the old canal path that was filled in with dirt and there might be some periodic grading maintenance?  I don’t know, but it just seems early to start this project. I’m not complaining (I’m all for getting this project going), just wondering if it’s something else. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, eandslee said:

Well, this could be interesting.  I believe this is referring to the amphitheater that is going in at this location. Based on what I read a couple months ago, it sounded like they wouldn’t be able to break ground on this until around the end of this year…but maybe something has changed…or is this just some normal grading maintenance on that hill? That area is essentially the old canal path that was filled in with dirt and there might be some periodic grading maintenance?  I don’t know, but it just seems early to start this project. I’m not complaining (I’m all for getting this project going), just wondering if it’s something else. 

I'll have to go back and look for latest and greatest on this - I thought they were going to be doing some site work there throughout this year with "real" construction being the component that was being pushed off. I might be way out in left field on this - but I seem to remember something about preliminary work (like what we're seeing right now) would be underway in the spring.

Been watching the webcam on the CoStar HQ construction the past few days and have really noticed an uptick in construction movement at the site of the proposed riverfront amphitheater.  I’ve captured a screenshot below of construction vehicles and some construction equipment that’s been hard at work down the hill (to the right).  I didn’t think the amphitheater construction had started yet, but golly, something is happening down there for sure.  Can anyone verify what’s going on?  Someone posted a photo of some construction down there last week and I blew it off as something else. Maybe there is something to it.  Take a look for yourself:

91F97CF1-5615-4844-A280-92AD420D1333.jpeg

• Like 4

On 3/24/2023 at 12:26 PM, eandslee said:

Been watching the webcam on the CoStar HQ construction the past few days and have really noticed an uptick in construction movement at the site of the proposed riverfront amphitheater.  I’ve captured a screenshot below of construction vehicles and some construction equipment that’s been hard at work down the hill (to the right).  I didn’t think the amphitheater construction had started yet, but golly, something is happening down there for sure.  Can anyone verify what’s going on?  Someone posted a photo of some construction down there last week and I blew it off as something else. Maybe there is something to it.  Take a look for yourself:

91F97CF1-5615-4844-A280-92AD420D1333.jpeg

It may not be related but they are dredging the canal just down hill from this shot.

• Like 2