Chamberlayne / VUU / Northside

RiverYuppy

3 hours ago, Icetera said:

THat portion will push closer to I-95 so should be quite visible to Southbound traffic coming into the city.

It's a really sharp looking building - nice design. It will look great when seen from I-95. And of course - that means ANOTHER boom crane will rise over the city!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rjp212 said:

I actually find this more appealing than the most recent apartment complexes proposed on Arthur Ashe.   

Given the location (a relatively quiet, urban, residential neighborhood), this is a really good fit.  But let's be real - it's WAYYYYYYYYY too small for N. Arthur Ashe Blvd.

• 3 weeks later...

WP must have got a new rendering technician - images are beautiful. I always said most people like their work when they see the finished project, they just didn't have the best visualizations to accompany the planning  & media material. Looks like that has changed - kudos to Nahum & team , another outstanding development concept. 

Edited by whw53
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, 123fakestreet said:

The apartments on Brook behind the post office are coming along.  Click on the pics to make them bigger, they are quite zoom-able

From Brook Rd

20220810_103637.jpg

From the post office side looking into the back (Brook rd on the left)

20220810_103930.jpg

Other side opposite post office looking into the back from the neighborhood

20220810_104233.jpg

WOW!!! This area has blown up VERY quickly!! There was nothing on these blocks just a year or two ago, yes? And if I recall, there's more development coming?

This part of the Northside has REALLY beefed up in the past two years. VERY impressive development.

Thanks for taking and posting these, @123fakestreet:tw_thumbsup:

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

happy friday - new rezoning to track along Roane from M-1 industrial to B-7.  This was filed with the Markham consultancy which i usually take it to mean something or someone is trying to go vertical here. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/e340de99-94cc-46a6-be29-7f39b56d739f

Could be nice spot for a townhome or 2 over 2 project. Haven't kept up with other projects in this area but has there been any movement on the approved project at Dawn & Tazewell (forgot if that had a name but it was set for a 5 story mixed use project).?

Also - i wonder now with the bus depot blown out just south of here if Thalhimer would accelerate any plans or market the site out - wouldn't be the first time in this corridor that a fire sped along some redevelopment efforts. 

2017Roane.JPG

Edited by whw53
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, whw53 said:

happy friday - new rezoning to track along Roane from M-1 industrial to B-7.  This was filed with the Markham consultancy which i usually take it to mean something or someone is trying to go vertical here. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/e340de99-94cc-46a6-be29-7f39b56d739f

Could be nice spot for a townhome or 2 over 2 project. Haven't kept up with other projects in this area but has there been any movement on the approved project at Dawn & Tazewell (forgot if that had a name but it was set for a 5 story mixed use project).?

Also - i wonder now with the bus depot blown out just south of here if Thalhimer would accelerate any plans or market the site out - wouldn't be the first time in this corridor that a fire sped along some redevelopment efforts. 

2017Roane.JPG

SWEET! Looking forward to seeing what might be developed here.