Iredell County Development & News

KJHburg

• 2 weeks later...

Our region with some in Mecklenburg is really a manufacturing powerhouse especially in the surrounding metro counties.  Manufacturing pays good wages and the job multiplier is even higher than big office relocations.  

from the Charlotte Regional Business Alliance:

Manufacturing employs over 155,000 in the Charlotte region and contributes more than $26 billion to the regional economy. It is the 2nd largest contributing industry to regional GDP behind Finance and Insurance. Over the past five years, the Charlotte region’s manufacturing industry has grown at twice the national average with growth in a diversified group of sectors including automotive parts suppliers, plastics and advanced textiles, machinery manufacturing, and energy manufacturing. With a low cost of doing business; large available labor pool; connections to major US markets through 4 interstates and an internationally-

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I did not know this that Iredell County has the 4th highest wage in NC after Durham Wake and Mecklenburg.

"" The increase places Iredell County above the State of North Carolina’s average wage at $57,926 for 2022. Iredell County now has the 4th highest average wage in the state behind Durham County at $82,247, Mecklenburg County $75,907, and Wake County $68,317.""

2022 North Carolina Development Tier Designations | Iredell EDC

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

I did not know this that Iredell County has the 4th highest wage in NC after Durham Wake and Mecklenburg.

"" The increase places Iredell County above the State of North Carolina’s average wage at $57,926 for 2022. Iredell County now has the 4th highest average wage in the state behind Durham County at $82,247, Mecklenburg County $75,907, and Wake County $68,317.""

2022 North Carolina Development Tier Designations | Iredell EDC

Lowe's HQ is the main contributor to their rapid wage growth in Iredell. Now if we can get them to do more compact growth similar to development in Northern Mecklenburg areas around LKN in the parts of Iredell south of I-40. Iredell will be a hot place to live because they can do it right with the diversity of industries. 

Edited by kayman
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

It's always been nuts to me that Iredell isn't the loudest proponent of a rapid transit solution into Charlotte. Iredell would explode with a reliable, quick connection into Charlotte.

It's the county elected  leadership who are the blame for this lack of calling  for more rapid transit support. Too many of them are in the pocket of the agricultural leaning landowners in the northern portion of the county. The Southerner areas need more representation in the county commission there. 

Edited by kayman

34 minutes ago, tozmervo said:

It's always been nuts to me that Iredell isn't the loudest proponent of a rapid transit solution into Charlotte. Iredell would explode with a reliable, quick connection into Charlotte.

The questions about my shirt are answered by the message on my shirt. (Iredell prefers to avoid economic "explosion")

• 2 weeks later...

Photo dump of a few recent trips to Mooresville.  Definitely one of my favorite ring cities, I'm there a couple times a week now that I have a membership to Cliffhangers lol.  The Mill One apartments look awesome, and there's an amphitheater behind them that I wasn't able to photograph as I drove by.  Does anyone know what's being built in the fenced-off lots?

IMG_7308.JPG

IMG_7309.JPG

IMG_7310.JPG

IMG_7311.JPG

IMG_7312.JPG

IMG_7313.JPG

IMG_7314.JPG

IMG_7315.JPG

IMG_7316.JPG

IMG_7317.JPG

IMG_7318.JPG

IMG_7319.JPG