Iredell County Development & News

KJHburg

Thanks for the postings of your recent trip to downtown Statesville, @KJHburg!  I haven't been in the downtown area of the city in years!  Also thanks for your postings overall of your trips both within the state and also locations out of the state too.

For those folks who did not grow up in the Greater Charlotte area (I am from Salisbury myself), KJ's pictorials always remind me of a series from the 70's and 80's produced by WBTV called "Carolina Camera" in which various parts of the state were visited with a focus on local events, people, and/or just unique things in the community.  KJ can be UrbanPlanet's 2020 version of "Carolina Camera"! :)

https://www.ourstate.com/carolina-camera/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I only learned about James Iredell recently.

James Iredell (October 5, 1751 – October 20, 1799) was one of the first Justices of the Supreme Court of the United States. He was appointed by President George Washington and served from 1790 until his death in 1799. His son, James Iredell Jr., was a Governor of North Carolina.

b0ad00f971df0cc177b419f035110cb2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

New residential development proposed for Mooresville.

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/02/10/nest-communities-mooresville-rezoning-homes.html

Nest Communities seeks rezoning for cottage-style homes in Mooresville

Nest Communities is seeking the approvals to build 98 cottage-style residential units in Mooresville.

A local homebuilder is seeking approvals from Mooresville town leaders to pave the way for a new project.

Mooresville-based Nest Communities LLC is seeking to rezone a 31.7-acre site at 128 Pepaw Drive..............

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Reading this article on the Town of Troutman's upcoming planning session for the fiscal year, I was amazed at the amount of residential development underway and I also the plans for more development not yet approved!

https://www.iredellfreenews.com/news-features/2023/troutman-council-begins-preparations-for-upcoming-fiscal-year-at-annual-planning-retreat/

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Manunfacturers expansions are always good and even better if the company has done it this many times up in Mooresville.

""Earlier this week, Mooresville and Iredell County approved incentives for NGK Ceramics USA Inc. to invest $9.4 million into its operations in the area. The company, which is a subsidiary of Japan-based NGK Insulators Ltd., operates a manufacturing facility on Mazeppa Road in Mooresville and has a warehouse at Mooresville Business Park East. The expansion will help to automate some of the company's inspection lines and extrusion finishing areas.

Town documents state that NGK's new investment calls for the retention of 600 jobs. The company has operated in Mooresville for over three decades and has expanded numerous times since then. The company makes ceramic honeycombs used for automotive and truck catalytic converters.

“NGK Ceramics USA Inc. has made continued investments in their Mooresville location over the past 30 years, with this announcement representing the 17th expansion since 1988," said Jenn Bosser, president and CEO of the Iredell Economic Development Corp. "We are seeing continued investment by our automotive manufacturers in their facilities to enhance their facilities with new technologies and state of the art equipment that will enhance their productivity, and support efforts to attract and retain a skilled workforce. Denso, another automotive manufacturer in Iredell County announced a $38 million investment in their Statesville facility this past year.”""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2023/03/23/japan-ngk-ceramics-usa-mooresville-expansion.html

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...