NC Music Factory / Uptown Village / Deco One

Raintree21

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

http://cdx.xceligent.com/Attachments/599/13150599.pdf

Anyone know anyone looking to open a brewery within 277? This building would be spectacular as a smallish brewery. I'm very interested in the 80k of creative loft space thats proposed next to this. First I'm hearing about this.

Dukbone.  hahahahahaha

I've actually noticed that building before as I drove to Music Factory.  Seems pretty prime for a brewery, especially if the ped experience from the factory and the apartments is okay.....not to mention the Avid HQ and the loft business space.

Edited by grodney

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

From a subscriber only article this afternoon AvidXchange is going to start soon on their 2nd building.  I know many of you think this is bland but I look at this way:  this firm could be creating jobs over in Ft Mill or somewhere else and at least they are in the uptown loop.  

""Less than six months after opening a 200,000-square-foot headquarters building, AvidXchange is ready to start planning for an identical twin. Co-founder and CEO Michael Praeger told CBJ during a recent interview that the company anticipates opening a matching building by the end of 2019.

AvidXchange is a Charlotte-based automatic payments company with 800 local employees and 1,100 total.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/12/15/avidxchange-ceo-says-firm-wants-to-open-new.html

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

AvidXchange is going to start soon on their 2nd building.

Looks like this might be a slower build then the first one though...

“We’re limited to when we can do certain construction,” he said. “We can’t kick off construction until we expand the parking deck. That will be the first phase. When we do the second building, we’re limited on some of the months when we can do construction (to avoid hurting Music Factory venues). So we have to sequence everything.”

On 12/15/2017 at 3:08 PM, KJHburg said:

I know many of you think this is bland but I look at this way:  this firm could be creating jobs over in Ft Mill or somewhere else and at least they are in the uptown loop. 

I think this is a good point, and I would like to add that AvidXchange's presence in Uptown enhances Charlotte's standing in FinTech.   As much as we all like to speculate about banks relocating to Charlotte, it is much more likely that we see organic growth from FinTech HQs in Charlotte than bank HQ relocations.  Just my opinion, of course, but I am thankful for AvidXchange being inside the loop even if it is slightly underwhelming. 

• Like 1

On 10/25/2017 at 2:52 PM, KJHburg said:

Cadence apartments today and new mini warehouse storage bldg on N Graham/Statesville.  

The Cadence apartments look pretty good both up close and as you go by crossing on 277. But I'm not sure there could be a worse name for a set of apartments than Cadence. Very well may have tried to make it the worst possible music related name that makes absolutely no sense. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/31/2017 at 5:06 PM, Cadi40 said:

Like the design love the color the location is terrible.

I wouldn't blame the developer too much considering people know what they're getting into buying an apartment that's more or less eye level with the highway, but I hope there's some decent soundproofing, especially with the trains coming by as well. I can hear the highway pretty well in my apartment near IKEA, and that's pretty set back, albeit facing the road and Interstate 85, can't imagine having that traffic just feet away, I guess eventually you get used to the noise (I now find it difficult to sleep without ambient sound and my parent's place just outside of Boone) but you get one inconsiderate truck riding the engine brake coming downhill to Brookshire and you'll snap right awake. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, nakers2 said:

I wouldn't blame the developer too much considering people know what they're getting into buying an apartment that's more or less eye level with the highway, but I hope there's some decent soundproofing, especially with the trains coming by as well. I can hear the highway pretty well in my apartment near IKEA, and that's pretty set back, albeit facing the road and Interstate 85, can't imagine having that traffic just feet away, I guess eventually you get used to the noise (I now find it difficult to sleep without ambient sound and my parent's place just outside of Boone) but you get one inconsiderate truck riding the engine brake coming downhill to Brookshire and you'll snap right awake. 

I'm not as concerned with the highway/train noise, as I am being sandwiched between Crisis Assistance Ministry and the tent village underneath the 277 overpass.  I hope they have a steep discount for ppl with views underneath that bridge.  Hopefully, if that Steel Design building gets redesigned into something, it will activate that side of the Music Factory a little bit more and the apt complex won't feel so desolate.