Monroe Ward / Oregon Hill

whw53

1 hour ago, CitiWalker said:

0C228ED7-74ED-4DFF-9A43-E3455D3DA8A6.jpeg

A7A4C190-7844-4555-8A6E-DCCADC20A28C.jpeg

Thanks SO much for these awesome pics! I was wondering if you would be able to see this crane from your vantage point. Did you have to move farther south in your office to make it happen? Or did we just get lucky?

LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing this new crane rising with the STEM building crane STILL up! And with the Opus on Broad Street in the background - even without a crane - wow... these are the times RVA gives us a reminder she's growing up!

Awesome shots!!!

SAY - are you able to see the crane at the Commodore site in Manchester in your office? I understand the crane at the Tidewater is being dismantled or already has been taken down.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Okay - we can see the Parc View tower crane from the WTVR-TV 6 sky cam!

You have to zoom in on the photo (I cropped it from the most recent tower cam still). Even though it is extremely grainy, you can clearly make out the boom, the top, and the operator booth on the back end. The crane is just to the right and in front of the Monroe Tower - and just to the left of the "Hotel John Marshall" sign.

Check it out!! 

towercam111.jpg

Wonder if it will have lighting, the night view from this camera would pick that up more clearly.  Also, look at the red carpet, I mean striping.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Hike said:

Wonder if it will have lighting, the night view from this camera would pick that up more clearly.  Also, look at the red carpet, I mean striping.

I'd think the crane will have some measure of lighting - not sure if it'll be the candy-cane kinda stuff we saw with the VCU Health and GA Building cranes, but since it sticks up prominently on the skyline, it'll need to be visible to pilots. Will keep an eye on it this evening. :tw_thumbsup:

Yeah - the progress of the red paint has been fun to watch today. They've made a lot of progress - and it DOES look like someone's rolling ot a metaphorical red carpet, so to speak.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Went by and took a few photos for you guys today. 

104F6731-6EB7-49E7-B9A4-D52C249FA926.jpeg

3FE1E8A5-FFC4-427D-8831-ECB1872AC4D5.jpeg

Thanks, @wrldcoupe4for taking and posting these. Holy wow - just beautiful! You ROCK, kind sir! :tw_thumbsup::tw_smile:

42 minutes ago, Hike said:

I can NOT see clearly now the rain has gone...

https://youtu.be/g_rB4v75jqU

LOVED this song when I was a kid.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Went by and took a few photos for you guys today. 

Awesome, thanks coupe!  From the looks of the bottom photo, you could have walked right in.  Also, this area has seen absolutely zero change in quite a long time, let's hope this is the first of many and wow, does this area need a refresh.  

Edited by Hike
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Hike said:

Also, this area has seen absolutely zero change in quite a long time, let's hope this is the first of many and wow, does this area need a refresh.  

From your keyboard to God's eyes, my friend! :tw_thumbsup:

Let's pray this is the first of MANY changes - and that each of those changes brings LOTS of verticality. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Once the James turns red, will we see frogs and locusts shortly thereafter? :tw_wink:

5 hours ago, Shakman said:

When the James River starts turning red, the source will not be far away.

Uh oh so the river is going to look like a giant blood bath you say? Not sure I want the river to look like a giant crime scene. 

28 minutes ago, Downtowner said:

Uh oh so the river is going to look like a giant blood bath you say? Not sure I want the river to look like a giant crime scene. 

Don't worry - when the total darkness arrives after the frogs, locusts, boils, burning hail, etc. have come and gone, you won't be able to see the red river - (I guess they could re-write the lyrics to the old song - "... crime me a river..." :tw_wink:)

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...

The father-son tag-team behind the planned small apartment building on W. Grace (900 block) and who purchased the uber-narrow building east of 10th and Main in the old Financial district have picked up a building in the Arts District and have plans to get it up and running.

From today's Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/08/12/father-son-development-duo-adds-to-property-portfolio-with-arts-district-deal/

14 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Funny he says they are planning to do 10-12 stories of condos on the Main Street property. It's listed for sale.

Yeah - he was talking about building a 10-12 story condo building a year or so ago. They put it up for sale? I'm guessing the condo building isn't happening then. 

8 hours ago, Brent114 said:

Parc View progress….

42F83B97-5AA2-445F-89FC-1505AF304A4C.jpeg

CD0D9AA8-567E-4099-A450-507D1C271850.jpeg

Holy moly!!! THAT was fast! MAN - these folks ain't playin' around with this project!

VERY impressive how quickly this has come up out of the ground.

Thanks, @Brent114for going by there, taking and posting these pix!

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Holy moly!!! THAT was fast! MAN - these folks ain't playin' around with this project!

VERY impressive how quickly this has come up out of the ground.

Thanks, @Brent114for going by there, taking and posting these pix!

we are supposed to be going back to the job site in a month or two. Trying to rap up our other projects that are almost completed first. Going to be fun to get back there. Only thing my coworkers complain about is having to park at Adam’s and Main Street near the Jefferson. We hate having to walk up hill in the morning to get to the job site. I think alot of us are so used to parking on a job site and not 3 blocks away. 

19 hours ago, Brent114 said:

Parc View progress….

42F83B97-5AA2-445F-89FC-1505AF304A4C.jpeg

CD0D9AA8-567E-4099-A450-507D1C271850.jpeg

The side closer to the Berkshire apartments is where we put in the electrical pvc.

• Like 2