whw53

1 hour ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

I guess this may be categorized as Church Hill, but 2012-2018 E Broad is on the market for sale again. This was a planned redevelopment with new townhomes, but now for sale. Not sure the backstory. 

For sale - but with approved SUP - possibly an approved POD in hand though. 

• Like 1

Has anyone had an opportunity recently to visit the Bakery Lofts construction site? I'd be curious to know how much more site work/digging/demolition has taken place there. If anyone happens to amble by, would it be possible to snag a few photos?

Since this project -- like Park View/Pinecrest -- is underway, I'm eager to get an idea of the progress.

3 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Has anyone had an opportunity recently to visit the Bakery Lofts construction site? I'd be curious to know how much more site work/digging/demolition has taken place there. If anyone happens to amble by, would it be possible to snag a few photos?

Since this project -- like Park View/Pinecrest -- is underway, I'm eager to get an idea of the progress.

They dug out where the 120 18th St. building was but not much else.  Overall just smoothed to grade so this may be paused for a bit.

• Sad 2

I wouldn’t be too concerned.   This never looked like a real construction  site.  It’s one of those flimsy, rent-a-fence fences.  There was never any silt fence.  No port-o-potties. 

It always looked like a quick demo with the real construction to follow weeks or months later. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

I wouldn’t be too concerned.   This never looked like a real construction  site.  It’s one of those flimsy, rent-a-fence fences.  There was never any silt fence.  No port-o-potties. 

It always looked like a quick demo with the real construction to follow weeks or months later. 

Ahhhhhhhhhhh yes... the telltale lack of port-o-potties! :tw_wink:

Hopefully we'll see a truckload of them being delivered to the site soon enough.

• Like 1

On 4/28/2022 at 1:24 PM, rjp212 said:

Looks like they might finally be doing the addition to BWW. 

7BF2C383-372B-48A5-AE3A-69E06576FAD2.jpeg

The addition is in full swing, will need to get photos, but Buffalo Wild Wings itself closed at that location. After multiple experiences with the quality of service there over the past year, not really going to miss it. Hopefully they can get something nicer when the addition is  complete

B67FF51F-5E01-4048-96DA-9667B64724A9.jpeg

Edited by ronsmytheiii
  • Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 8:27 AM, ronsmytheiii said:

The addition is in full swing, will need to get photos, but Buffalo Wild Wings itself closed at that location. After multiple experiences with the quality of service there over the past year, not really going to miss it. Hopefully they can get something nicer when the addition is  complete

B67FF51F-5E01-4048-96DA-9667B64724A9.jpeg

Here's today's RBS reporting.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/08/15/downtown-buffalo-wild-wings-location-closes-after-19-years/

• Like 2

807 Oliver Hill Way (the building with the bear on it) is seeking a rezoning for multifamily.   No details on the number of units, but there's some excess land, so I imagine it'll include some new construction. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/e0213d2e-efb9-467b-ab3e-b2d2f1ea8e0b?tab=attachments

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, rjp212 said:

807 Oliver Hill Way (the building with the bear on it) is seeking a rezoning for multifamily.   No details on the number of units, but there's some excess land, so I imagine it'll include some new construction. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/e0213d2e-efb9-467b-ab3e-b2d2f1ea8e0b?tab=attachments

This is exciting! It follows the recent rezoning of the parcel to TOD-1, and this aligns with the city's Shockoe Bottom Small Area Plan which prescribes building heights of up to 12 stories. Importing to clarify that this parcel is NOT the one previously mentioned on this thread where there has been mention of as many as four residential towers totalling 1,000 or more units. The parcel we're talking about now (807 1/2 Oliver Hill Way) is a block or so north and east of that other site.

Either way - this is SUPER exciting - because obviously, things are moving to build something of some level of substance/density here on the edge of downtown. With the Bakery Lofts under construction a few blocks away, and with the possiblity of something large-scale being developed a block or so to the south and west, this is very encouraging that this part of the Bottom is about to explode with significant development. Here's hoping there will be some plans announced in the very near future!

Image key:

1.) Location of 807 1/2 Oliver Hill Way

2.) Excerpt from Shockoe Bottom Small Area Plan - 807 Oliver Hill Way falls within the boxed area - and notice how the SAP labels this stretch of land

3.) Location of 807 1/2 Oliver Hill Way relative to the location of where four residential towers (1,000-plus units) has been discussed (it's very close by)

Screenshot (2092).png

ShockoeBottom-fromSBSAP.jpg

ShockoeBottom2.png

• Like 4

More good things happening in the Bottom: WRIR radio - an independent station - is moving from W. Broad Street to Shockoe Bottom - they've purchased 1806 E. Main and will set up their studio and offices there.  Given recent stories about the non-profit organization moving from the 'burbs to the Bottom and the new record label being launched by In Your Ear Studios, which is based in the bottom - plus new apartments coming with the Bakery Lofts and the former Buffalo Wild Wings building - WOW! Things are POPPING in the Bottom these days!

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/08/24/wrir-buys-new-hq-in-shockoe-bottom/

• Like 1

Just rode by Bakery Lofts.  Lots of digging and now the block along 17th street is fenced off too!!! 
The other person that recently commented about this site may have said the same thing.  So it’s not news, but it was nice to see! 

Edited by Brent114
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Brent114 said:

Just rode by Bakery Lofts.  Lots of digging and now the block along 17th street is fenced off too!!! 
The other person that recently commented about this site may have said the same thing.  So it’s not news, but it was nice to see! 

How far along are they? Any chance to snag a pic or two? (Sorry - I'm a pest when it comes to pics and documenting all of this stuff!)

• Like 1