whw53

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, whw53 said:

introducing the 'Lofts @ Buffalo Wild Wings'  

or how about the 'B_DUB Flats'

floor plans? choose from the 'Honey Mustard'  the 'BBQ' or the  penthouse - 'Pineapple Teriyaki'

I'll betcha a plate of curly fries that if a parking lot and drive-thru can be added, Thalhimer will add that one to their portfolio! :tw_wink::tw_joy:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Wahoo 07 said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/05/04/construction-starts-on-apartments-atop-shockoes-buffalo-wild-wings/

Here's the RBS article on the upward expansion of BW3s.  I like this.  Adds some bedrooms and density to Shockoe .

Nice change from the original design. Both actually would have worked, and at least this change brought about after initial review by the CAR doesn't require the developer to downsize. Glad to see some creative way to add density to Shockoe Bottom starting to take shape.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Pretty sure the tower project at 18th and Grace is underway. Fence up and site work when I drove by last week. 

Also, the steel frame for the Bdub bldg expansion is going up quickly. 

Pretty sure this one is underway. 

No way!  Never thought this one would get off the ground. Just seemed like a pipe dream to me.  If true, this would be cool!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wrldcoupe4 said:

Pretty sure the tower project at 18th and Grace is underway. Fence up and site work when I drove by last week. 

Also, the steel frame for the Bdub bldg expansion is going up quickly. 

Pretty sure this one is underway. 

Coupe - 18th and Franklin for the Bakery Lofts - yes? Just clarifying the street location to make sure that we're definitely seeing the Bakery Lofts getting underway.

Also - Bdub? I'm drawing a blank here...

7 hours ago, eandslee said:

No way!  Never thought this one would get off the ground. Just seemed like a pipe dream to me.  If true, this would be cool!

A thought and a fun fact:

Thought: IF in fact this is true, and the Bakery Lofts project IS now underway, we simply need to get The Admiral off the ground in Jackson Ward and we'll have some significant construction going on citywide on some very impactful projects for the city. I'm hoping and praying that @wrldcoupe4is right and that construction on the Bakery Lofts is, in fact, starting! Now let's get The Admiral going.

Fun fact: Once CoStar gets rolling, that would be three of the five projects from our January forecast of what likely will get started in 2022 that would, in fact, be under construction (Bakery Lofts, CoStar, Pinecrest/Park View). The other two: The Admiral and Block D. Sadly, we may as well scratch Block D off the list. But if The Admiral can get underway - we'd be 4 for 5!

Another cool thought: I was just looking at the live webcam (Rockett's view) - when the crane for this project pops up, it should be visible on the cam in Rockett's.

Edited by I miss RVA

1 hour ago, Shakman said:

I like the residential building but not so the exposed parking garage.

True.  Odd that they are not screening it but they also have yet to show the 18th street commercial elevation so perhaps this will improve.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, eandslee said:

I like it - not a terrible design.  Hope it stands out a bit.  The one thing that gave me pause was that this will be constructed out of pre-fabbed concrete, which usually means…no tower crane. :(

Well, true - we might not see a tower crane - BUT - I love that it's increasing density. The building will be about a third larger overall than originally proposed - Salomonsky is adding 67 more apartments. More density. A VERY good thing!

Love the rework on the design. So cool that these fine folks will have two 12-story residential buildings in the city (what with the Icon in Scott's Addition).

SOOOOOOOOOO... with this building underway - AND - Pinecrest/Parc view underway - we currently have TWO highrise residential buildings officially under construction in the central city. NOW - let's see some ground being broken for The Admiral! That one's gotta be up next to start construction.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

https://www.baskervill.com/project/watkins-cottrell-concept/

Cool concept for a 4 story addition on top of the rear of the Watkins cottrell building in shockoe right near the intersection of dock and 15th streets. While only conceptual for now, the site is for sale so who knows, maybe this could come to fruition in the near future.

• Like 3