Jackson Ward / Gilpin

whw53

6 hours ago, eandslee said:

@I miss RVAwill be sitting on cloud nine this morning after he reads this!!  What was known as The Admiral will break ground within the next 60 days!  Also, it won’t be called The Admiral…a new name is in the works. The best part is despite losing a partner from Philadelphia, SNP will still build it to 12 stories!!

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/09/15/snp-to-go-it-alone-on-12-story-jackson-ward-apartment-tower-after-6m-buy/

Thank god. I was days away from trying the whole  'I'm looking for a long term parking spot at 200 E Marshall lot...' spiel with the Parkway attendant manager again. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Brent114 said:

I think I miss RVA is messing with us.  Either that or he’s afraid to look at the thread for fear of it being canceled lol.

He has been active on other threads over the last few minutes. 

I was saving the best for last. I was wondering if something was afoot with the Project Formerly Known as the Admiral - but wanted to go through all of the other stuff first before seeing this one. I actually do that with food - the stuff I REALLLLY want to eat - I save for the end - have done this since I was a kid. Always, always, always. And I do it to this day. Scarf down the veggies etc., first and then FEAST on the steak or chicken or salmon or mac & cheese or whatever... 

Plus - I think it was @Downtowner who called it perfectly - I'm an hour behind y'all - so I didn't get on until late. But yeah - I purposely held off reading the Jackson Ward/Gilpin thread until I'd read and responded elsewhere so that this would be my dessert for the morning read. I actually do that a lot on here - I'll hold off on what I REALLY want to read if there are other threads active - so I'm literally 'saving the best for last'. :tw_wink::tw_thumbsup:

Oh - and @eandslee-- yeah, I'm sitting on probably well above cloud nine reading this story - heck, I'm sitting in the highest suite atop the Burj Khalifa - cloud nine is about a thousand feet below. :tw_joy:

Needless to say - I AM truly EX-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAALING now on this one. Prolly have to go clean out that new little blue port-o-potty that I recently added to my signature line. :tw_flushed:

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just laying the ground work ahead of time - would it be possible to keep some eyes actively on this site and maybe grab some pictures when this project gets started? We have so many projects underway at this point and we're officially on CoStar watch, too -- but this one is a biggie. It would be really great to have pics on file here as soon as this development gets started.

Edited by I miss RVA

12 minutes ago, whw53 said:

Big news - Jackson Place development is back on track - RRHA looks set to approve a development from Mike Hopkins -  we should have details this week. This is after a breakdown in negotiations 2 years ago. 

https://richmondfreepress.com/news/2022/sep/15/after-two-year-derailment-jackson-place-apparently/

Excellent!! Wow - two huge wins for Jackson Ward in general and 2nd Street in particular in less than a week (this development getting hopefully getting back on track - and - the Project Formerly Known as The Admiral)

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Now that CoStar has broken ground - next up should be the project formerly known as The Admiral. I just looked back to see when RBS reported that the project was moving forward despite one of the developers (the Philadelphia firm) bailing on it. The RBS story moved on September 15 - and reporting said that groundbreaking was anticipated "within 60 days" ... we're still within the 60-day window - but that's closing fairly fast. Has anyone heard any rumblings on street as to where this project is at the moment? Since Parcview/Pinecrest and Bakery Lofts are both well underway - and since CoStar has broken ground, I'm really hopeful that this development will get underway so that we'll have four major downtown-area projects under construction before the end of the year.

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, whw53 said:

Definitely good news! I wonder if there are any updated renderings available anywhere?

Glad to see this getting underway. NOW - if we could just get some movement at 2nd and E. Marshall on the Project Formerly Known as The Admiral... 

• 1 month later...

VERY excited to see that the building permits have been filed and this guy will be getting underway soon! 

Yummy Taco - hmmm... wonder if they might be owned by the same folks who own Foo Dog and Hot Chick - both of whom are moving to Scott's Addition? image.jpeg.d9b888e200e2cfded8de9679c5e03109.jpeg :tw_joy:

Looks like Nahum's final renderings have been tightened up just a little bit - and that building is absolutely STUNNING! I can't wait for shovels to start turning dirt and yet another tower crane to rise over the city!

• Like 2

This will be a boon for 2nd street in general - not just for the bigwigs at Yummy Taco. The retail\fast casual food corridor here really shriveled over the last 3 years with convention center \ hotel traffic all dried up.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 1/3/2023 at 11:18 AM, rjp212 said:

Building Permits have finally been filed for the Admiral!

image.thumb.png.09fa6e6d67ff286909f8d58004b59ca0.png

I know I'm being a pest about this one - and we're about 45 days in, give or take. Has anyone seen/heard of any movement? As of January 3rd, groundbreaking was slated to happen within 60 days, give or take, and building permits have been filed. But I'm not going to exhale until shovels start turning dirt and this building gets underway. I've been hoping against hope we'd get to the boom crane portion of this project before the Parc View crane comes down - I'm doubtful now that we'll see both cranes over the skyline simultaneously. :tw_confused:

• Like 1