Mid City (1501 Broadway, 8 acres on Broadway, 7 towers of 20-35 stories, 1.3 million sq. ft. office, 1,000 residential units, 150,000 sq. ft. commercial/retail)

markhollin

This thread will be burried for a while IMO, as it will take a while for this to get developed. The dealership will probably negotiate a two to five year lease on the property. Then if it sells, it will take at least two years to go through the planning stage and then go through the approval stage and the the lease and build out. 

So for all of the property a 20 plus year build out and I will most likely be dead before it is entirely finished and this thread will still be active.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

On 9/6/2020 at 5:58 AM, markhollin said:

I shared this several years ago as a pipe dream....but now that Beaman is talking about selling or redeveloping the site, there's a glimmer of hope.  Obviously for a Major League Park to be built at this location, there would need to be: 1) A franchise awarded or one guaranteed to relocate here; 2) An ownership group willing to pay for the land purchase and all costs of construction.  But hey...dreams gotta start somewhere.  : )

These are overlays of the Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park (38,000 capacity) dropped in to scale in various angles on the Midtown site.  Included in the site would be the purchase of all the clubs/bars along the north side Demonbruen Ave. 

The views of the skyline would be spectacular at sunset.

MLB Stadium overlay, Beaman site 1 , July 18, 2018.jpg

MLB Stadium overlay, Beaman site 2, July 18, 2018.jpg

MLB Stadium overlay, Beaman site 3, July 18, 2018.jpg

Interesting, though I would also use Target Field as an example for how a baseball stadium could work on that site: https://populous.com/project/target-field

• Like 2

On 9/6/2020 at 5:58 AM, markhollin said:

I shared this several years ago as a pipe dream....but now that Beaman is talking about selling or redeveloping the site, there's a glimmer of hope.  Obviously for a Major League Park to be built at this location, there would need to be: 1) A franchise awarded or one guaranteed to relocate here; 2) An ownership group willing to pay for the land purchase and all costs of construction.  But hey...dreams gotta start somewhere.  : )

These are overlays of the Pittsburgh Pirates' PNC Park (38,000 capacity) dropped in to scale in various angles on the Midtown site.  Included in the site would be the purchase of all the clubs/bars along the north side Demonbruen Ave. 

The views of the skyline would be spectacular at sunset.

Love the thought process. But fwiw, baseball stadiums need to face ENE. I might be wrong but I think that would require an orientation like your third picture which would be more difficult to do.

• Like 1

^ ^ ^ There are tens of thousands of spaces just on the other side of the freeway.  Additionally, there will most likely be scads of spaces in the Reed District just to the north, and there are several thousand beneath Broadwest.  All MLB stadia in urban areas have found ways to get cars taken care of within 8 blocks in any direction. 

• Like 4

Screw Parking!! There will be no need to add parking around a stadium as there are plenty of parking like Mark mentioned. I use my personal experience all the time and when you look at Fenway Park, there are only 2 public lots around the stadium that can be used on game day. These lots are tiny when looking at the capacity of the stadium (which is still one of the smaller ballparks in the country). Businesses around a ballpark will close down and have gameday parking specifically to allow people to drive in and they make bank. Nashville certainly does not have a parking problem.

image.thumb.png.a1ba85c2e7aab04f3359a6607c450f53.png

All that being said, I still disagree with building a new ballpark in this section of town - unless it gets ZERO assistance from the city. If it is completely privately funded, it is in that groups right to build, but the city has a perfectly good park that I'm sure could be creatively expanded to accomodate an MLB team.

• Like 1

^^^My dad who grew up in Toledo has talked about when they would go up to Tiger's games there was little to no parking around old Tiger Stadium that it was like what we know around here parking for a college football game.  You paid to park in someones yard.  I've been to Tiger Stadium once when I was eight in 1988 and remember very little about the surroundings, but remember the game itself.  I do remember the players parking was along the street fronting the stadium and it was a very impressive line of Ferrari's, Lamborghini's and the likes.

Edited by L'burgnative
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Hudson Automotive has completed the purchase of Beaman Automotive yesterday.

The sale included Beaman's two Nashville dealerships on Broadway near downtown  and Beaman's dealerships and real estate at its Murfreesboro and Dickson locations, according to Hudson Automotive Group CEO David Hudson. Hudson Automotive Group will lease the property located on Broadway in Nashville, which was not included in the purchase.

The transaction also included Beaman's parts warehouse and automotive collision center, ranked the largest in the state.

AS noted before, Hudson is developing a multi-acre site in Antioch to relocate the Beamon Broadway plant to in the near future, thus allowing Beaman to either sell or redevelop the Broadway site.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/12/02/beaman-automotive-closes-sale-hudson-automotive-group/3800592001/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, markhollin said:

The sale included Beaman's two Nashville dealerships on Broadway near downtown  and Beaman's dealerships and real estate at its Murfreesboro and Dickson locations, according to Hudson Automotive Group CEO David Hudson. Hudson Automotive Group will lease the property located on Broadway in Nashville, which was not included in the purchase.

I'm a little confused  by the wording, but can someone confirm if I have this right - Hudson purchased the Beaman business, but not the land Beaman owns, but will relocate the business on the land Beaman owns?

If yes, you would think (hope, pray) Beaman sells to someone like Hines. 

40 minutes ago, titanhog said:

If they do it right, the Beaman and Reid land could totally change the way Nashville looks.  A few skyscrapers there…a skyscraper at the Broad / West End split (flatiron)…One22One…a couple of skyscrapers on the remaining Tennessean site…etc.  Suddenly, we’d really have a truly wide E/W skyline.

+ @MLB2Nashville / @NashvilleStars please. 

• Like 1