Mid City (1501 Broadway, 8 acres on Broadway, 7 towers of 20-35 stories, 1.3 million sq. ft. office, 1,000 residential units, 150,000 sq. ft. commercial/retail)

markhollin

17 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I was talking more of the West End locations. Those are the ones that are zoned for 15. Those are the ones I was thinking would be switched to an SP.

The ones on Hawkins are zoned for 5 and will probably stay that way for a residential project. 

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

That is the core frame zoning & multi use zoning. Now an SP (specific plan)can change everything because there is a whole new set of rule that take effect then.

beaman site height.png

OH! for sure the SPs would allow taller on these sites! the Broadway site we should be able to see close to Broadwest and Reed development heights. The McGavock sites could potentially be that tall, but i would expect to step it down to a 20 story cap (IMO).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
36 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Why haven't we heard any rumblings about this property?  This is a chance to connect the CBD and midtown in a super exciting way.  Can't wait.

I don't actually know anything, but I would guess that it'll be awhile before we hear anything just given the fact that it's such a huge piece of land and there are so many moving parts.

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Why haven't we heard any rumblings about this property?  This is a chance to connect the CBD and midtown in a super exciting way.  Can't wait.

Dude this isn't something low level and quick like ordering craft beer. This is real business involving notification and sale of real estate. These things don't happen in a week.

• Like 1

It was announced at the sale that the plans will have a multi-year buildout.  I recently drove from Brentwood back home and passed the location where the car dealership will be moving and saw no sign that construction had begun.  Given the grandiose potential for the Reed property, these two sites will very likely vie for being first out of the ground and could slow down the buildout of each other unless there's a big tenant landed for either/both.  Given how quickly things moved on Amazon, and even for Oracle, I'd guess the respective developers of these two sites want to be ready for anything big that might come in the future. With as much money as they'll have sunk into land costs alone, they won't wait a long time to put up their first buildings. Still wonder how feasible it will be for the Reed developers to put up 6/7 buildings between 25-35 stories. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Rome was not built in a day and I do not expect all of these sites to be planned out and built on right away or anytime soon.  When you have momentum happening in several areas of town, who knows what the future holds and the magic 8 ball is very fuzzy for sure.

I will say this about the Reed site. There have been permits applied for the dealership going up on Brick Church. The Subaru Dealer has a year and a half left on their lease at the Reed site, but their replacement location is about to move forward. I would not be to concerned about the dealership being under construction at Harding & 24 as permitting is in progress.

Now from what I heard about the Reed site there are 4 buildings planned and they are pretty large. I have also heard that Hines is out which I know is not the case as there was movement after the first fo the year. Covid has delayed a lot of things. Now back to the buildings, they are from what I have been told from someone who saw a rendering were bigger than Broadwest, but this is a salesman talking.

We have a whole lot of large mixed use projects planned and I am not holding out hope for the Beaman property right now. You young guys on the board will be old men when a lot of these sites are built out, and us old guys will be long gone.

Now you tell us! Do you know how many hopes are riding on that damn M8B? :tw_bawling:

• 2 months later...

I'm trying to compare this site to Nashville Yards.  It looks like the Yards is about 17 acres, and this one is 11+7? 

Will it be a single corporate campus (like Oracle) or multi-tenant like the Yards? Would be an interesting site for a mega-tenant. 

• Like 3