Mid City (1501 Broadway, 8 acres on Broadway, 7 towers of 20-35 stories, 1.3 million sq. ft. office, 1,000 residential units, 150,000 sq. ft. commercial/retail)

markhollin

7 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

If they're gonna be 9 stories they better have the attention to detail of Asurion

It's such as waste to put offices on that site.....you got West End, Downtown and Sobro to build more office space.

It's been so exciting to watch Nashville grow like it has for the past 6 years since I moved to Cincinnati......it always gave me something to look forward to when I came back to visit...my brother, who's in real estate would take me on a grand tour just to see all the new developments.......but this  feels like a punch in the stomach.

Edited by bnacincy
Content
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

If they're gonna be 9 stories they better have the attention to detail of Asurion

Unless they've already got tenants lined up (please no!!) I wouldn't even build office space at this point. We don't know how the economy is going to play out over the next year or two given the uncertainties of the Pandemic and the fact that more people are working from home.

Edited by bnacincy
Content

I'm in shock. (hyperbole warning) Take ten years of rapid growth and throw it in the trash. If this gets approved, shut down the UP board, it's over and we all have to find new hobbies. I'm only kidding... mostly, but seriously this is up there with signature tower levels of disappointment. just unbelievable. WOW!!!

• Like 2

A couple weeks ago, I jokingly made a sarcastic remark , about this property being a hub for all those crazy transportainment vehicles. WOW … I wasn’t to far off!! This has kept me up all night, I’m so upset with this news. 
If at any time I wish for that magic 8 ball to be wrong , this is it!! 

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum TheSound. If that is the case, I would be onboard depending on who the relocation is. I would want it to be a very high profile company at that location. 

I know of some who are looking but would think they would be interested in other parts of town………..and would think they could have sites already picked out.

• Like 4