Chapel Hill Carrboro Developments

KJHburg

Yes I stopped in Blue Heaven today LOL at the new Wegmans there.  Nice and couple of shots of the office buildings on the east side of town.  I forget the new name of the Blue Cross Blue Shield building now that is available for lease.  @SydneyCarton I expected you to roll out the red carpet for my visit or is that too much like NC State. 

IMG_6578.JPG

IMG_6583.JPG

IMG_6584.JPG

IMG_6585.JPG

IMG_6586.JPG

IMG_6588.JPG

IMG_6589.JPG

IMG_6592.JPG

IMG_6594.JPG

IMG_6595.JPG

IMG_6597.JPG

IMG_6600.JPG

IMG_6601.JPG

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can't open this.

I don't know where there is 128 acres in Chapel Hill.  Maybe by Eubanks Rd.

New York developer eyes Chapel Hill for 128-acre mixed-use community - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

I was able to read the first part of the article.  Its planned for the area across from Southern Village.  At least right now it is slated to be 55+ and 'workforce' housing. Mainly multi-family structures, townhomes/ condos.  Also plans for quite a bit of green/ preserved space. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gib said:

I was able to read the first part of the article.  Its planned for the area across from Southern Village.  At least right now it is slated to be 55+ and 'workforce' housing. Mainly multi-family structures, townhomes/ condos.  Also plans for quite a bit of green/ preserved space. 

Thanks.   The Southern Village area makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I perused that this morning.  I wonder what the renovation entails.  Those are pretty outdated buildings.

Look at the marketing flyer sounds like all new windows, bathrooms, lighting etc and it mentions the facade too.  I would call it a gut! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KJHburg said:

Look at the marketing flyer sounds like all new windows, bathrooms, lighting etc and it mentions the facade too.  I would call it a gut! 

I assume that it won't be a totally new facade though.  Personally, I'd like to avoid having glass buildings in downtown Chapel Hill.

• Like 1

Story about the ups and downs of downtown Chapel Hill retail.  Lots of closures and openings but a very turbulent year for sure.

After rough year, downtown Chapel Hill sees local business scene grow - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

Businesses coming to downtown Chapel Hill soon:

Franklin Motors Beer Garden
Escape Room
The Spindle Bar
The Story
Still Life
four other leases signed

Businesses that have opened:

Blue's on Franklin
Brandwein's Bagels
Dame's Chicken & Waffles
Downtown NutritionFifth Third Bank
First Horizon
Jed's Kitchen
Moge Tee
Perennial Cafe (new ownership)
Phone Repair
Que Chula
Rent the Row
/sôst/ (rebranded version of Pizza Press to be local)
Summit Coffee

The Graduate Hotel
Trophy Room

Businesses that have closed:

Ascension Tattoos (moved)
B. Good (chain)
Blue Spoon Microcreamery
Breadmen's [moved]
Chapel Hill Pilates
Francesca's (chain)

Franklin Hotel
Franklin Street Motors
Frutta Bowls (chain)
Gentlemen's Corner (chain)
Ivey & Leo (chain)
Joe's Joint
Kaplan Educational Center (chain)
Kipos Greek Taverna [moved]
Local Liquids Vape Shop
Lotsa Stone Fired Pizza (chain)
Lula's
Midway Community Kitchen
Moe's Southwest Grill (chain)
Ms. Mong's
Peño Mediterranean Grill (chain)
Perennial
Pizza Press (rebranded to move away from national chain)
PNC Bank — Rosemary Street branch (chain)
Princeton Review (chain)
Refuge
The Cellar
Three Rivers Coffee (chain)
Tony Hall and Associates
West End Wine Bar
Ye Olde Waffle Shop

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 2:02 PM, SydneyCarton said:

I assume that it won't be a totally new facade though.  Personally, I'd like to avoid having glass buildings in downtown Chapel Hill.

I do think the new facade includes all glass and I do think downtown Chapel Hill will have a glass looking midrise.  This would help attract employers to downtown that are leaving the town and setting up shop in Durham or Wake counties.

Rehab of 136/137 buildings set to transform downtown Chapel Hill | WRAL TechWire

• Like 3

This is shocking.  More projects seem to be on the horizon notwithstanding the zealous opposition of the CH NIMBYs.

https://chapelboro.com/news/development/aura-development-receives-support-from-chapel-hill-town-council-will-return-for-final-vote

https://chapelboro.com/news/development/chapel-hill-advisory-board-recommends-w-rosemary-hotel-to-town-council

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2