Chapel Hill Carrboro Developments

KJHburg

• 2 weeks later...

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Thanks.  With the limited amount of space in Ch Hill, I think it's a waste to build industrial buildings here.

Not a waste as  where would plumbers, contractors, HVAC companies have space?  this is not a very big building proposed this is not for a major distribution center or anything.  this is for smaller tenants that might need a warehouse space. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Not a waste as  where would plumbers, contractors, HVAC companies have space?  this is not a very big building proposed this is not for a major distribution center or anything.  this is for smaller tenants that might need a warehouse space. 

Most of those trades that service CH HIll seem to be based in Durham or Raleigh.  What's the address?

• Confused 1

from the article

""Merritt Properties of Baltimore paid $2.3 million for the property at 7300 Millhouse Road with plans for the North Chapel Business Center, a two-building industrial development totaling 116,300 square feet.  The property is situated on 19.6 acres near Carraway Village on the northern side of town. The sellers are a collection of individuals and families in town.  “We are excited to strengthen Merritt Properties’ Triangle presence with our expansion into Chapel Hill,” said Keith Wallace of Merritt Properties. “The town’s flex/light industrial market represents great potential. There is increasing demand for our product type given the area’s residential and mixed-use growth.”""

if a trade is coming from Wake County to Chapel Hill I would charge an upcharge for travel and time.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/9/2022 at 9:11 AM, KJHburg said:

from the article

""Merritt Properties of Baltimore paid $2.3 million for the property at 7300 Millhouse Road with plans for the North Chapel Business Center, a two-building industrial development totaling 116,300 square feet.  The property is situated on 19.6 acres near Carraway Village on the northern side of town. The sellers are a collection of individuals and families in town.  “We are excited to strengthen Merritt Properties’ Triangle presence with our expansion into Chapel Hill,” said Keith Wallace of Merritt Properties. “The town’s flex/light industrial market represents great potential. There is increasing demand for our product type given the area’s residential and mixed-use growth.”""

if a trade is coming from Wake County to Chapel Hill I would charge an upcharge for travel and time.  

Perhaps they do, but every plumber, electrician, HVAC person, etc. I've used is from Raleigh, Durham, or Hillsborough.  They seem to constantly travel across the Triangle.  When I lived in South Charlotte, I routinely had workers coming from Concord and areas in North Charlotte.   It's a similar distance.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/9/2022 at 8:52 AM, KJHburg said:

Carrboro has a decent amount of that sort of stuff even in its downtown. The surrounding County areas also are chocked full of that stuff probably for the lower overhead. 

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 8:36 PM, Jones_ said:

Carrboro has a decent amount of that sort of stuff even in its downtown. The surrounding County areas also are chocked full of that stuff probably for the lower overhead. 

That's true.  I once used an HVAC company in Carboro, but they were lousy.  Same with one I used in Raleigh.  Now I use a group in Hillsborough.

Anyway, the only time I ever go to Carboro is once a month for Akai Hana sushi, which is fantastic.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...