Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

vladittude0583

Jacksonville

Just to let everyone know, Jacksonville actually isn't the largest city in terms of area.

Jacksonville is the largest area-wise (840+ square miles) in terms of "CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES" - meaning, just the mainland U.S. not including Alaska & Hawaii.

In reality, Alaska's capital city, Juneau has the largest land area for a city (over 3,000+ square miles) and then Jacksonville's would be the 2nd largest if you counted it in terms of the "ENTIRE" United States!

True...

But who wants to live in Juneau.

For starters...

Um..

Alaska..

Second, you think we have a bad city gov't, they cant even agree on a STATE CAPITAL building. right now they are in an undersized office highrise (and I use highrise losely).

Yes Sir, you heard me right. Alaska, The only state in the union that cant agree what the State Capital City is. :silly:

Some want to say its Fairbanks (or is it Fargo), others Juneau...

So, yeh.. Ill take JAX anyday over that...

Even if we are only number 2 in terms of physical size

Isn't Cape Coral up there too? I had always heard it was one of the largest, but it could have been bad information. Not bad for a swamp.

Isn't Cape Coral up there too? I had always heard it was one of the largest, but it could have been bad information. Not bad for a swamp.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

105 sq miles.

Damn, well I guess it isn't even close. Maybe the "largest" stat had to do with the former swamp status or something. Thanks for the info.

Well, I think that we can all agree that Jacksonville and Juneau are huge. It takes forever to travel from AB to Orange Park.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Would you rather do that in the sun or snow?

You don't really have to answer that. :D