Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twin Cities

Minneapolis Light Rail Photos

9 posts in this topic

Excellent pics! Personally I love light rail. I wish more cities (including Atlanta) would pick up on light rail in the city.

Very good stuff.

Thanks for the great photos. It looks like a fun ride. I'm surprised at how little rail there is in th US. It's great to see it making a comeback.

Minneapolis has one of the most ambitious and successful rail construction stories in the USA. Its a very nice looking system!

Those are nice pics, if not a tad old. All the DT stations are virtually complete, with the exception of some lighting. Track has also been layed almost to Bloomington. Track bed have been dug all the way to the Mall as well.

This is great for Minneapolis! Thanks for the pics :). Some other cities need to take notice of this...

Great pics and thread-thanks for sharing. ;) I remember when Jessie "The Body" Ventura came to Denver and looked at our system-I think it will be a big hit in Minneapolis.

Albert (Shoowaa)

They are already planning two more lines. One from DT Minneapolis to DT St. Paul, and one from St.Paul to the MSP Airport. I'll try and find some photos of the where the new lines will run.