Station East (1,400 residential units, 600 hotel rooms, 1.2 million sq. ft. office, 225,000 sq. ft. retail; numerous 15-30 story towers on 18 acres)

markhollin

I've been so eager for that first domino to fall on the East Bank to really transform this area from its current industrial state, and whether it's this development or River North, I think we finally have a couple of good candidates for that now. It's exciting

Edited by henburg
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, markhollin said:

This screen shot from Smeagolsfree's excellent development map shows the site highlighted in teal at the center of the frame:

111 North 1st St, Sept 30, 2020, site map.png

This is where I wanted NashvilleSC's MLS stadium to go (and still holding out hope). If I were in charge of the Nashville Stars, I would be talking to RMR as soon as possible. 

Just now, smeagolsfree said:

Not going to happen as they have started moving dirt at the Fairgrounds and this company would want more than Ingram could afford to pay. Now Adam Portnoy (CEO of RMR) could always become an investor, but I think they have their minds set on a 3 million sq. ft. mixed used project.

I do think this will open up other sites on the East Bank for development sooner rather than later and further south than River North.

Hopefully those horrible motels/gas stations along Jefferson/Spring Street are the next to go. Oh, and a full bulldoze of Stadium Inn(which is still an empty shell of a building). 

• Like 1

You need to take a drive into the Nations and see how close those developments are to the gas storage tanks those developments are. It does not seem to stop anyone from moving right next to them.

Seems as if Natural Gas lines and storage facilities have caused more issues than gasoline facilities from what I can remember from seeing news over the years. Now refineries are a different story!

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

You need to take a drive into the Nations and see how close those developments are to the gas storage tanks those developments are. It does not seem to stop anyone from moving right next to them.

Seems as if Natural Gas lines and storage facilities have caused more issues than gasoline facilities from what I can remember from seeing news over the years. Now refineries are a different story!

Man, I would love to live near a refinery.  Always something interesting to look at in those places.  And I love those flames constantly burning at the top... very Blade Runner.

^ ^ ^ There will be many dominoes starting to fall once a first move is made.  Plenty of land in that sector has been bought up by developers in the last several years, including the acre directly east just today at 104 South 2nd St. (see the East Nashville thread for details).  I suspect that the Woodland/Main corridor from the river to the freeway will look very different in 5 years.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Everything on the East Bank is in a flood zone. I cant remember how far the water went but I know the Titans stadium had issues. I will take a look at the photos from the flood.

According to the Tennessean, Metro had 4 million dollars in flood related expenses at then LP Field. Photo from their online website. (5-3-2010)

B17E10D5-3377-4E05-8773-65CCB1D8448E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2