Station East (1,400 residential units, 600 hotel rooms, 1.2 million sq. ft. office, 225,000 sq. ft. retail; numerous 15-30 story towers on 18 acres)

markhollin

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, FluffyP13 said:

See two posts above 

What's confusing me is the two hotel looking structures in the photos.  I'm looking at the T/A site on Google Maps and don't see those structures so it made me question what I was seeing.  Maybe I'm just missing them or need to change my vantage point.

Update:  Got it.  Old image shows red brick looking surface and updated photos show white from rehab work.  Sorry.

Edited by nashville born

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

This is understandable, a master plan needs to be made with all parties involved. Makes no sense to go rogue and start something that likely will not work out in the end. Metro created this, now the ball is in their court and it better be a 3 point play! 

And before any one comes out with the adult in the room crap, this has nothing to do with the freaking economy!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Luvemtall said:

This is understandable, a master plan needs to be made with all parties involved. Makes no sense to go rogue and start something that likely will not work out in the end. Metro created this, now the ball is in their court and it better be a 3 point play! 

And before any one comes out with the adult in the room crap, this has nothing to do with the freaking economy!

I’m curious how JRP can be redone. Doesn’t it have to be elevated due to the bridge crossing the river?

• Like 3

The entirety of the East Bank infrastructure plan is one biq question mark. I don't think Metro still know how it is going to be done after all of the studies that have been done. CSX is still a huge question that has to be answered and it still lingering, and the State as always will drag their feet. 

If goes without saying that infrastructure is something that is not done overnight or even in five years and the plan was ambitious to start with. Funding was not in place and without funding a timeline is out of the question.

Needless to say, Freddie inherited a mess. But he was part of the family at least and knew what was going on.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bos2Nash said:

I'm very glad to hear that RMR is playing ball and not just steamrolling ahead with their project. To a certain extent they can't because the infrastructure really isn't there for residential and/or mixed-use. This is also a relatively smart financial move, because even though they are waiting on building anything tare playing up the fact that Metro is looking to bring the infrastructure for such developments to their front door. This development will also benefit from the overall East Bank redevelopment so from an operations/lease up stand point it is smart to stand pat I would think. 

There was already an RFP issued and awarded for the re-design of JRP to ground it. I think I saw a graphic somewhere (maybe in the Nashville Scene) that says the river span would remain while grounding the approach. Not really sure how that would work out unless we ended up with a decently steep grade between 1st and the river.

Here is the graphic that was posted over in the East Bank thread. I have been saying for years that JRP needs to be rebuilt, and then when the EB plan came out this would be crucial for the success of the EB.

1671032461_EastBankDec12023render2.png.e5c0b217d20ab504aeabc7d0fadd7ba5.png

Looking more closely, Woodland and JRP are pretty close in slope, so the approach to the JRP bridge may just be a similar slope to the Woodland approach.

image.thumb.png.499438431d5cb3d6248e2f5f4e5d73ec.png

Again, goes to the point that they do not know how it will be done. Just a study at this point in time. How long does design work take, then construction?  Are we then looking at an entire bridge redesign? 

What about the other side of the coin with CSX and will that be included with the funding pack? Also has any of the design for infrastructure work been voted on?

Hopeful that a master infrastructure plan can be accelerated.  That might allow RMR to solidify its plans and even begin construction on the northern portions of the tract.  That would allow time for any Robertson changes to be completed in conjunction with the southern parts of Station East.  Uneducated thought!

• Thanks 1

Another reason it is smart for RMR to stand pat and wait on the JRP re-design is they will be able to work with Metro on additional buildable land. Looking at the site plan from the May 2021 SP documents, the inclusion of Main Street would go away and the RMR property would be fronting JRP. This adds a bit to the complexities (if the infrastructure didn't add enough) as that land is owned by Metro and the ROW would need to be abandoned and RMR would presumably need to purchase. That purchase could be monetary (doubtful) or it could work essentially as a land swap to incorporate the Boulevard ROW  and possibly some infrastructure payments (who really, just spit-balling). If I was RMR, I would not want to start this project until the JRP project has started.

image.thumb.png.7b09a5473202c8dc12c32495a78b66dd.png

Nashville wants this development to slow down in order to capture a JRP re-design. It is better for the city for this development to work with Metro (as they have apparently been doing) and work through the complexities that exist with the site and with the East Bank as a whole.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1