EA Orlando Studio Headquarters | Creative Village | 5-story Office [Under Construction]

dcluley98

EA Sports Orlando is building new headquarters office in the Creative Village to relocate from their current office space in Maitland. The $62 Million building will relocate EA Sports 700 employees from Maitland to downtown, with the potential to have a thousand people working for them by 2025. EA is  promoting the new Orlando facility as their  "premier  development studio on the east coast.  EA Tiburon is home to employees working across multiple teams and organizations including: WW Studios  (Madden NFL, NBA LIVE, Madden Mobile, NBA LIVE Mobile, ArtWorks, AudioWorks, Frameworks, Believable Characters), Technology, Marketing, Publishing and Competitive Gaming."  

New five-story, 176,000 SF Commercial Office Building with Ground Floor Retail

Attached nine-story 644-space Parking Garage

EA-ORLANDO_SW-VIEW-scaled.jpg

EA Sports.jpg

EA Garage.png

Edited by dcluley98

14 minutes ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

We live in a city where parking garages are taller than office buildings. 

I really dislike Orlando's building practices. 

I've given up on this city building for efficiency. 

Anyway, nice to have EA downtown. 

And remember, each parking space built is used by one person who won’t be using transit, thus dooming downtown to its 1950’s model for several more-decades. That’s the Orlando way.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Not trying to bring negative vibes on here, just posting what is being built. 

I actually like this project quite a bit, for the jobs and ground-floor oriented design and activity it will bring to Creative Village. 

Yes, it isn't a high-rise, but it is active space and people there who have jobs and money and not just students. 

I think it is a positive for DT and Creative Village.

Hopefully we can get some good photos of it and the whole UCF/VD campus as it develops further throughout the year. Remember, this used to be an abandoned demolished arena site and a bunch of blighted parking lots and surface buildings 4 years ago. . . 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dcluley98 said:

I actually like this project quite a bit, for the jobs and ground-floor oriented design and activity it will bring to Creative Village. 

Yes, it isn't a high-rise, but it is active space and people there who have jobs and money and not just students. 

Hopefully we can get some good photos of it and the whole UCF/VD campus as it develops further throughout the year. Remember, this used to be an abandoned demolished arena site and a bunch of blighted parking lots and surface buildings 4 years ago. . . 

And before that it was an attractive lakefront arena and before that it was the Expo Center and Fairgrounds and ....

12 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

And remember, each parking space built is used by one person who won’t be using transit, thus dooming downtown to its 1950’s model for several more-decades. That’s the Orlando way.

As I recall, EA has some crazy parking requirements. It was part of the problem the last couple of times they to looked to move downtown. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2020 at 9:31 AM, dcluley98 said:

God I hope the second rendering gets built over the first one; at least the lobby has a tall ceiling.  In the first rendering, which looks value engineered, the lobby level looks like a residential building's first level.

Wait a minute; it's the same building from different angles.  How can the lobby level be different heights in the same building?

On 10/1/2020 at 9:16 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

We live in a city where parking garages are taller than office buildings. 

I really dislike Orlando's building practices. 

I've given up on this city building for efficiency. 

Anyway, nice to have EA downtown. 

Listen, Rev. IAmFloridaBorn, I am the choir.  Tell it!

Yep, They are the same rendering, just different angles.  

I think the first one has a built-in understory arcade-like area that is difficult to see in the rendering that will be used as outdoor gathering space for employees and patrons of the GF restaurants. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The Orlando Economic Partnership markets the region as a whole.  There is a Downtown Orlando Partnership that is more like a chamber than an economic development arm....so the closest thing is probably the City’s economic Development team that dishes out incentives.   

The most effective champions might be firms like Highwoods.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
4 hours ago, leondecollao said:

Incredibly important development for downtown Orlando but man oh man, I think Central Station might have been a more interesting project to track....at least we could complain about the wood construction with Central Station. This thing is basically just a Maitland office park. 

The low density build of the creative village thus far is so Orlando. Orlando isn't a forward thinking city. Minimum in the  downtown area should be 10 stories or at least build the building on top of the garage. Parcel after parcel being used minimally. Don't get me started on that lousy park they are building haha. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...