The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

Decision Desk HQ calls Pennsylvania for Joe Biden - it appears he will be the 46th President of the United States.

”Our long national nightmare is over.” - President Gerald R. Ford

”This is a big f*****g deal.”  - Vice President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.

”You’re fired!”  - Donald J. Trump, “The Apprentice”

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Given your interest in the minimum wage, we’ll start with it. Joe’s in favor unlike the Orange One.

Raising the minimum wage saves the Republic? "Saving the Republic" implies that the Republic was doomed or going to collapse and not exist anymore. Is that what you meant?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Raising the minimum wage saves the Republic? "Saving the Republic" implies that the Republic was doomed or going to collapse and not exist anymore. Is that what you meant?

I’ll let you believe what you wish. I can say with no difficulty that the current occupant of the White House is the worst one I’ve lived through.

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

Joe Biden is gonna "save" our Republic? From what exactly?

He's going to save the Republic from that ridiculous orange carnival barker, circus clown game show host the right for some unfathomable reason thinks is mentally, intellectually and emotionally qualified to be the leader of our government, even though he has soundly proven over the past four years that he is anything but.

His words, actions and demeanor along with his utter lack of decorum and professionalism are slowly undermining and destroying the institutions of our government which have been in place for over two centuries.

And why didn't Biden "save our Republic" in any of the 47 years he was in public office? 

Joe Biden was one of 100 Senators in Congress.

He was not the leader of our government.

What exactly was he supposed to do?

42 minutes ago, jack said:

Joe Biden looks like he will win. The GOP holding the senate, picking up seats in the house, picking up seats in state seats as well. Basically over performing everywhere except the presidency. Sounds like a great night to me! 

It wouldn't have mattered if the Dems got a simple majority in the Senate anyway.

Nowadays any legislation that is brought to a vote there needs a super (2/3) majority of yes votes in order to block a filibuster.

The filibuster has become so automatic, that if there is not a super majority of support for a bill, they don't even bother voting on it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, orange87 said:

That picture looks like the unhinged violent leftists looting stores.

The "unhinged violent leftists" or the alt-right sponsored instigators who were sent there by right-wing interests to throw gasoline on the fire and create propaganda opportunities to engender support for Trump and ultra-conservatism.

News flash: It failed.  :hi:  

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

The "unhinged violent leftists" or the alt-right sponsored instigators who were sent there by right-wing interests to throw gasoline on the fire and create propaganda opportunities to engender support for Trump and ultra-conservatism.

News flash: It failed.  :hi:  

Oh I forgot. You’re a conspiracy nut who believes Antifa is secretly Trump supporters. Did the Young Turks teach you that one?

17 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Oh I forgot. You’re a conspiracy nut who believes Antifa is secretly Trump supporters. Did the Young Turks teach you that one?

No, the very same Federal Law Enforcement agency and local police, who your far-right kook friends undermine and hate so badly, have said as much.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf 

2 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

No, the very same Federal Law Enforcement agency and local police, who your far-right kook friends undermine and hate so badly, have said as much.

https://theintercept.com/2020/07/15/george-floyd-protests-police-far-right-antifa/

https://docs.house.gov/meetings/JU/JU00/20200610/110775/HHRG-116-JU00-20200610-SD019.pdf 

First of all, I’m a liberal. Second of all, there’s only one side that hates law enforcement. That would be your side.

26 minutes ago, orange87 said:

First of all, I’m a liberal. Second of all, there’s only one side that hates law enforcement. That would be your side.

"My side"?

I've been a registered Democrat since 1992. Voted for every Democrat candidate in every election since then.

So if you're a "liberal" as you claim to be, which is highly doubtful given some of the r/w pro-Trump bile you've been spewing in this thread, then "my side" is the same as your side.

Which means that you are, in essence, claiming to be on the side that hates law enforcement.

Odd.

4 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

"My side"?

I've been a registered Democrat since 1992. Voted for every Democrat candidate in every election since then.

So if you're a "liberal" as you claim to be, which is highly doubtful given some of the r/w pro-Trump bile you've been spewing in this thread, then "my side" is the same as your side.

Which means that you are, in essence, claiming to be on the side that hates law enforcement.

Odd.

I'm not on anybody's side except my own. I respect law enforcement and am thankful for law enforcement. My dream ticket would be Yang/Gabbard. I'd actually vote for that ticket over Trump/Pence. I don't like either party to get too powerful. One party rule is a disaster. I prefer both sides keeping each other in check. I could be wrong, but I believe the founding fathers designed our system to get gridlocked easily because they believed change should be difficult.

• Haha 1

I'm not on anybody's side except my own. I respect law enforcement and am thankful for law enforcement. My dream ticket would be Yang/Gabbard. I'd actually vote for that ticket over Trump/Pence. I don't like either party to get too powerful. One party rule is a disaster. I prefer both sides keeping each other in check. I could be wrong, but I believe the founding fathers designed our system to get gridlocked easily because they believed change should be difficult.

Well, I respect and am thankful for law enforcement too. I do not take the side of criminals who resist arrest and force them to use an escalated level of force, then complain about police brutality.

I also don't support the idea of one party rule, but the Republican Party who I agree with on some issues, tends to engage in obstructionism on a level that goes beyond just keeping the other side in check. They stand in the way of some good ideas of the Democrats.

For instance, they could have worked with the Democrats to improve Obamacare (which was based on an idea by The Heritage Foundation, a conservative think tank and was once the GOP's alternative to Hillarycare) but instead, they played politics and worked to undermine it just to deny the Democrats the political capital they would have gained by improving health care in the US. So instead of improved health care, we got nothing.

Then there was the obstructionist pledges made by Mitch McConnell and John Boehner soon after Obama was elected....

Here’s John Boehner, the likely speaker if Republicans take the House, offering his plans for Obama’s agenda: “We're going to do everything — and I mean everything we can do — to kill it, stop it, slow it down, whatever we can.”

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/10/the-gops-no-compromise-pledge-044311

Therefore, I continue to side with the Democrats because the policies they support are of the type that benefit the middle and working classes while the Republicans support policies that favor corporate interests and the wealthy people who run them.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, orange87 said:

That picture looks like the unhinged violent leftists looting stores.

You will NEVER hear me condoning looting occurring during BLM protests - no matter what party is responsible for instigating it.

Regardless, my statement was a metaphor for issues at government level, for example Trump's ridiculous & unqualified cabinet appointments: the embarrassingly ignorant & inexperienced Betsy Devos as Secretary of Education, Ben Carson (a brain surgeon) as Secretary of HUD, purposefully appointing heads of the EPA to undermine its mission, etc. Not to mention the repeated selection of people mired in scandals, ethics/ conflict of interest investigations, or just outright incompetence, high turnover, vacant positions in government. I could go on and on... but thankfully Trump is on his way out.

You've mentioned your hourly wage... unless you have a rich relative you will most likely send your kids to public school - you're ok with Betsy Devos making decisions that will affect your kids education?? lol

15 hours ago, orange87 said:

No one is saying all police are bad, we just want PDs to condemn & punish those within their ranks that cross the line into brutality or murder. That's not asking for much. It's like when you go to a hospital, you wouldn't want to be under the care of a nurse who routinely has a history of abusing/murdering patients and yet for some reason people turn a blind eye when police do it. You also mentioned having black family members and a black spouse. Have you spoken to them about racism? Have you considered the experiences your own children might have  -- not just at the hands of the police but in society in general??

11 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

You will NEVER hear me condoning looting occurring during BLM protests - no matter what party is responsible for instigating it.

Regardless, my statement was a metaphor for issues at government level, for example Trump's ridiculous & unqualified cabinet appointments: the embarrassingly ignorant & inexperienced Betsy Devos as Secretary of Education, Ben Carson (a brain surgeon) as Secretary of HUD, purposefully appointing heads of the EPA to undermine its mission, etc. Not to mention the repeated selection of people mired in scandals, ethics/ conflict of interest investigations, or just outright incompetence, high turnover, vacant positions in government. I could go on and on... but thankfully Trump is on his way out.

You've mentioned your hourly wage... unless you have a rich relative you will most likely send your kids to public school - you're ok with Betsy Devos making decisions that will affect your kids education?? lol

No one is saying all police are bad, we just want PDs to condemn & punish those within their ranks that cross the line into brutality or murder. That's not asking for much. It's like when you go to a hospital, you wouldn't want to be under the care of a nurse who routinely has a history of abusing/murdering patients and yet for some reason people turn a blind eye when police do it. You also mentioned having black family members and a black spouse. Have you spoken to them about racism? Have you considered the experiences your own children might have  -- not just at the hands of the police but in society in general??

“Looting is not protesting.” - President-elect Joe Biden

Meanwhile, what shall we call trying to kidnap the governor of Michigan and seize the state government?