The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

On 2/4/2021 at 6:41 PM, spenser1058 said:

but that means rural voters will have to keep pounding above their weight as the ‘burbs are shocked by things like the Jan 6 insurrection.

I think people are more bothered by the hundreds of riots committed by the left than the one single riot by the right.

10 hours ago, orange87 said:

I think people are more bothered by the hundreds of riots committed by the left than the one single riot by the right.

I think most reasonable people are bothered by both.

But the nature of what the Trump supporters did was a thousand times more egregious.

Those people actually attacked our government.

Think about that.

They stormed the nation's capitol.

They threatened to kill elected officials because they disagreed with them.

In short, they committed mass treason.

The fact that almost no conservatives have criticized that and see it as no big deal, tells the sane half of society that something is very, very wrong with the minds of the political right.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I think most reasonable people are bothered by both.

But the nature of what the Trump supporters did was a thousand times more egregious.

Those people actually attacked our government.

Think about that.

They stormed the nation's capitol.

They threatened to kill elected officials because they disagreed with them.

In short, they committed mass treason.

The fact that almost no conservatives have criticized that and see it as no big deal, tells the sane half of society that something is very, very wrong with the minds of the political right.  

Are you forgetting how the leftists tried to storm the White House and then laughed it up when they heard Trump took refuge in a bunker?

45 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Are you forgetting how the leftists tried to storm the White House and then laughed it up when they heard Trump took refuge in a bunker?

How can one forget something that never happened?

From WaPo:

Since that day (Jan. 6), there’s been an effort to broadly compare the incident to last year’s protests centered on concerns about police treatment of Black Americans. It’s a deeply flawed comparison, mixing wild disparities in scale, intent and motivation to try to craft some sort of what-about response to something that was, in reality, an exceptional event.

On Tuesday, Sen. Charles E. Grassley (R-Iowa) began a hearing taking testimony from FBI Director Christopher A. Wray by painting a sweeping picture of how the protests at the White House itself unfolded in late May and early June.

“Sixty-seven Secret Service officers were injured during a three-day siege on the White House, which caused then-President Trump to be brought into a secure bunker,” Grassley said. “We also remember on television seeing our colleague from Kentucky having a hard time getting to the White House when he wanted to go there sometime last summer. We also had the church across the street was lit on fire across the street from the White House.”

This is revisionism. There wasn’t a “siege” on the White House; there were repeated demonstrations outside the White House. Trump was removed to a secure bunker at one point out of an abundance of caution — as leaders were removed during the attack on the Capitol — but as officials later told the New York Times, the president and his family “were never really in danger,” just “rattled” by the loud protests. (The ever-defensive Trump, of course, claimed that he was only in the bunker for an “inspection.”)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/03/convenient-new-fiction-there-was-no-attack-white-house-last-year/

Right-wingers + the truth = oil + water. 

@orange87, it’s unfortunate you’re already married. Otherwise, you could book Mar-a-Lago for your reception and have The Donald crash the party to whine some more about the election:

https://hillreporter.com/donald-trump-crashed-a-mar-a-lago-wedding-just-to-trash-joe-biden-96548

What fun! Maybe you could renew your vows or something...
TRUMP - The Ultimate Florida Man

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

@orange87, it’s unfortunate you’re already married. Otherwise, you could book Mar-a-Lago for your reception and have The Donald crash the party to whine some more about the election:

https://hillreporter.com/donald-trump-crashed-a-mar-a-lago-wedding-just-to-trash-joe-biden-96548

What fun! Maybe you could renew your vows or something...
TRUMP - The Ultimate Florida Man

To be fair, Hillary wouldn't shutup about the 2016 election for several years too. And yes, at least she conceded. I'll give her that, even though afterwards she said she wishes she hadn't conceded. I think both her and Trump acted like poor sports. I wish both of them would shutup to be quite honest.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, orange87 said:

To be fair, Hillary wouldn't shutup about the 2016 election for several years too. And yes, at least she conceded. I'll give her that, even though afterwards she said she wishes she hadn't conceded. I think both her and Trump acted like poor sports. I wish both of them would shutup to be quite honest.

She also won the popular vote, something Donald never did (and which the GOP has done only once in the last eight tries). But, who knows, if they kill off enough voters in line in Georgia by dehydration, it may happen yet.

3 hours ago, orange87 said:

Oh puh-lease.

She mentioned it on talk shows like Oprah and whichever other she was on after being asked about it, but she wasn't out holding rallies and making speeches in front of angry crowds, ranting endlessly on and lying about it the way Trump does.

And besides.... there where some very legitimate concerns, not the least of which was that idiotic letter James Comey sent to the JD and which was made public just two weeks prior to the election. 

She had a legitimate beef.

He didn't.

Plain and simple.

But his apologists and excuse makers will never stop toting his water I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Oh puh-lease.

She mentioned it on talk shows like Oprah and whichever other she was on after being asked about it, but she wasn't out holding rallies and making speeches in front of angry crowds, ranting endlessly on and lying about it the way Trump does.

And besides.... there where some very legitimate concerns, not the least of which was that idiotic letter James Comey sent to the JD and which was made public just two weeks prior to the election. 

She had a legitimate beef.

He didn't.

Plain and simple.

But his apologists and excuse makers will never stop toting his water I guess. 

Oh I forgot. You're one of the crazy alt-left conspiracy theorists who thinks Trump is a top secret Russian agent working for Vladimir Putin. :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

Oh I forgot. You're one of the crazy alt-left conspiracy theorists who thinks Trump is a top secret Russian agent working for Vladimir Putin. :tw_joy::tw_joy::tw_joy:

And I am certain you will provide links to posts where I have expressed those views..... right?

I'll wait.....  :whistling: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

You’ll be happy to know that Mr Pillow is announcing he’s about to file a YUGE voter fraud suit and SCOTUS will have The Donald back in office by August. 

Why bother with competence in the White House when you can have endless screaming rallies?

Don't worry, I'm sure his legal team will take a page out of Sidney Powell's playbook while facing a judge in court and say, "No reasonable person would believe our claims."

Edited by nite owℓ
  • Like 1

Soooo... first, The NY Times reports that FL Congressman Matt Goetz may choose to resign from Congress to opine on Newsmax. 

Now, the Sentinel reports the Feds are investigating Goetz for child trafficking arising from the case of former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg.

Did we mention both of these idiots are Republicans? It seems QAnon has been looking at the wrong side of the aisle all along. Amazing.

Sex trafficking probe of Rep. Matt Gaetz emerges from Joel Greenberg prosecution: report
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-joel-greenberg-matt-gaetz-investigation-sex-trafficking-20210330-moyyt73tbzhrlmpjcwkqv2oeyq-story.html

Edited by spenser1058

47 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Soooo... first, The NY Times reports that FL Congressman Matt Goetz may choose to resign from Congress to opine on Newsmax. 

Now, the Sentinel reports the Feds are investigating Goetz for child trafficking arising from the case of former Seminole County Tax Collector Joel Greenberg.

Did we mention both of these idiots are Republicans? It seems QAnon has been looking at the wrong side of the aisle all along. Amazing.

Sex trafficking probe of Rep. Matt Gaetz emerges from Joel Greenberg prosecution: report
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/breaking-news/os-ne-joel-greenberg-matt-gaetz-investigation-sex-trafficking-20210330-moyyt73tbzhrlmpjcwkqv2oeyq-story.html

Just read the NYT article. I'm not sure how much they have since no charges have been filed, but hopefully they can actually tie him to wrong doing. To often these type stories come out and there is no "there" "there". Goetz is such a d-bag it is not hard to imagine this is true.

Because of the travel across state lines the charge would be sex trafficking instead of sex with a minor... turns it into an option to be a fed case.

1 minute ago, AmIReal said:

Just read the NYT article. I'm not sure how much they have since no charges have been filed, but hopefully they can actually tie him to wrong doing. To often these type stories come out and there is no "there" "there". Goetz is such a d-bag it is not hard to imagine this is true.

Because of the travel across state lines the charge would be sex trafficking instead of sex with a minor... turns it into an option to be a fed case.

Well, the Feds’ investigation started in Barr’s DoJ, so it is friendly fire if nothing else.  Of course, the GOP has been busy with circular firing squads lately, soooo..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The world is made new again - first His Orangeness was dispatched and now Bibi. Hopefully next up is Boris but Labour keeps having a hard time deciding which end is up.

Anyway, today is good:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/06/13/world/israel-knesset-bennett-lapid-netanyahu/knesset-vote-government

From The New York Times 

“… A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin 

5 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The world is made new again - first His Orangeness was dispatched and now Bibi. Hopefully next up is Boris but Labour keeps having a hard time deciding which end is up.

Anyway, today is good:

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/06/13/world/israel-knesset-bennett-lapid-netanyahu/knesset-vote-government

From The New York Times 

“… A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin 

Bolsonaro, Duterte, Orban plus all the other punk ass despots... we have a long ways to go.

• Like 1