The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

On 8/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, spenser1058 said:

Now, Little Marco is going to war with historians. I guess it makes sense, given how any one in the field with a lick of sense is going to excoriate Cheetohead and the GQP for trying to destroy our democracy.

But Marco is part of the GOP, so he has to be a hypocrite. As a commenter noted, do you suppose he called historians snobs before or after he voted down caps on the usurious prices being charged on insulin? Worst of all, as I know from relatives living in rural SC, what he did hurts red-staters as much or more than anyone else. 

Thankfully, there’s a much better alternative this November. Vote for the hometown favorite, Val Demings!

It seems Joe’s in good company talking to those “elite” historians:

“Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson, of course, were historians. Ronald Reagan brought historians into the White House, as have most other presidents going back at least to John F. Kennedy, who also wrote history. George H.W. Bush made himself, his family, his diary and his papers available to one of the historians who was at the Biden session. George W. Bush has long been an avid reader of presidential biographies.” 

From The Washington Post 

Does Little Marco ever bother to, you know, research things before he opens his mouth? Of course, a historian could help with that.

Otoh, as we learned at Mar-a-Lago this week, the GQP would rather scream rather than bothering to get their facts straight.

Meanwhile, President Biden, Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi are busy doing what they’re paid to do by the citizens- governing. Republicans really should try it some time.

On 8/12/2022 at 9:32 AM, popsiclebrandon said:

You might be the first person I've ever heard of that likes Nancy.

She is probably the most effective speaker of the house in 30 years of either caucus. I cannot think of anyone else in my lifetime besides Tip O'Neil that was as powerful which explains why she is so hated. 

• Like 1

For the first time, thanks to President Joe and his FDA, Americans with mild to moderate hearing loss will be able to purchase hearing aids over the counter.

This can result in savings of hundreds to thousands of dollars.

President Joe and the Democrats- finding real solutions for Americans while the GQPers do nothing but whine.

Join us and get the JOEMENTUM!

On 8/14/2022 at 9:05 PM, spenser1058 said:

It seems Joe’s in good company talking to those “elite” historians:

“Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson, of course, were historians. Ronald Reagan brought historians into the White House, as have most other presidents going back at least to John F. Kennedy, who also wrote history. George H.W. Bush made himself, his family, his diary and his papers available to one of the historians who was at the Biden session. George W. Bush has long been an avid reader of presidential biographies.” 

From The Washington Post 

Does Little Marco ever bother to, you know, research things before he opens his mouth? Of course, a historian could help with that.

Otoh, as we learned at Mar-a-Lago this week, the GQP would rather scream rather than bothering to get their facts straight.

Meanwhile, President Biden, Senator Schumer and Speaker Pelosi are busy doing what they’re paid to do by the citizens- governing. Republicans really should try it some time.

so, how you liking the hiring of 86,000 new IRS agents?  

4 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

It’s excellent - the wealthy scofflaws like you-know-who that have been getting away with paying next to nothing are in for a rude awakening. It’s long overdue - the Times had an in-depth this week about how primitive the technology they have to work with has gotten.

-  Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr: "Taxes are the price we pay for civilization."

Edited by spenser1058

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I think it's great. They've owned me about 20k for a year and I can't get anyone on the phone or to reply by letter. My accountant laughed when I asked if he had any ideas... :(

Also, putting my issue aside, every agent hired does not mean someone to come out to pry into your files. Much will go toward providing customer service reps on the phone.

You know how the GQPers like Little Marco try to portray Democrats as elitists? Well, the folks in Pennsylvania would like a word:

‘”The campaign of Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, the Democratic candidate for Senate, said it raised over $500,000 since Monday, the day when a viral video of his opponent, Republican Mehmet Oz, shopping at a grocery shop went viral. In the video, Oz, a celebrity TV host, complained the ingredients for crudités — a vegetable tray — are too high. He also mispronounces the name of the grocery store — he calls the store “Wegner’s,” which doesn’t exist, even though he is at a store called Redner’s, which is only found in Pennsylvania. Many online think the celebrity doctor mistook Redner’s for Wegmans, a New York-born chain, and mashed the names. Although the video was shared in April, critics of Oz shared it widely on Monday, critiquing the Republican as being out of touch with regular Americans. Fetterman was among those who poked fun at Oz, noting that, in Pennsylvania, what the French know as a “crudité” is, in fact, a “veggie tray.” All this to say that, on Tuesday, Fetterman’s campaign announced over $65,000 of the money raised after the Monday viral moment was raised through a new campaign sticker that features the phrase “Wegners: Let them eat Crudité.”’

From The Washington Post

Oh, did we mention Dr. Oz is Cheetohead’s hand-picked candidate?We might also note he doesn’t live in Pennsylvania- he’s in Jersey.

Perhaps not surprisingly, Democrat Fetterman is leading GQP’er Oz by as much as ten points.

And then there’s Herschel..

Edited by spenser1058

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It’s excellent - the wealthy scofflaws like you-know-who that have been getting away with paying next to nothing are in for a rude awakening. It’s long overdue - the Times had an in-depth this week about how primitive the technology they have to work with has gotten.

-  Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr: "Taxes are the price we pay for civilization."

Oliver Wendell Holmes - " if my fellow citizens want to go to hell, it is my job to help them" 

Too bad they are only hiring agents not improving tech. And if you think they will be going after the wealthy, you are very mistaken. 

15 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

For the first time, thanks to President Joe and his FDA, Americans with mild to moderate hearing loss will be able to purchase hearing aids over the counter.

This can result in savings of hundreds to thousands of dollars.

President Joe and the Democrats- finding real solutions for Americans while the GQPers do nothing but whine.

Join us and get the JOEMENTUM!

I think this is great and should be applauded. But no one is asking why you ever had to purchase these items over the counter to begin with. 

19 minutes ago, jack said:

Oliver Wendell Holmes - " if my fellow citizens want to go to hell, it is my job to help them" 

Too bad they are only hiring agents not improving tech. And if you think they will be going after the wealthy, you are very mistaken. 

I think this is great and should be applauded. But no one is asking why you ever had to purchase these items over the counter to begin with. 

I’m sure the medical lobby pushed for it at some point.

As to the IRS, the only time they went after the working class was when the Republicans declared war on tipped servers.

Those who file a standard deduction are rarely audited.

If you’re claiming questionable deductions or lying on the EITC, you’re fair game as you should be.

In any event, they’ll be going where the money is and that’s the top five percent.

The truth is always a viable defense. Of course, those who follow the MAGA savior have challenges with truth.

Edited by spenser1058

10 minutes ago, orange87 said:

VAL - Our Hometown US Senator! Then there’s Little Marco…

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

I’m sure the medical lobby pushed for it at some point.

As to the IRS, the only time they went after the working class was when the Republicans declared war on tipped servers.

Those who file a standard deduction are rarely audited.

If you’re claiming questionable deductions or lying on the EITC, you’re fair game as you should be.

In any event, they’ll be going where the money is and that’s the top five percent.

The truth is always a viable defense. Of course, those who follow the MAGA savior have challenges with truth.

The IRS audits poor people far more than they do the wealthy on a per capita basis. It's primarily the EITC the go after. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-audit-eitc-five-times-as-likely-to-get-audited/

Progressives have previously sounded the alarm about this but must have gotten amnesia. The IRS is probably being practical. Why go after a really rich person that has an army of lawyers and accounts to make sure they do not run afoul of federal rules when you can just hit a poor person that files their own taxes and makes mistakes. 

If it was the medical lobby, (doctors) it is still up the the federal agencies to say no. 

4 hours ago, jack said:

The IRS audits poor people far more than they do the wealthy on a per capita basis. It's primarily the EITC the go after. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/irs-audit-eitc-five-times-as-likely-to-get-audited/

Progressives have previously sounded the alarm about this but must have gotten amnesia. The IRS is probably being practical. Why go after a really rich person that has an army of lawyers and accounts to make sure they do not run afoul of federal rules when you can just hit a poor person that files their own taxes and makes mistakes. 

If it was the medical lobby, (doctors) it is still up the the federal agencies to say no. 

It isn’t, however, the poor you hear whining about the audits, now is it? If someone is claiming EITC that doesn’t qualify for it, they’re no less a tax cheat than Cheetohead. End of story.

When the Reagan administration went after tipped servers, I was one. I always claimed what I was supposed to and no red flags went off. If you’re honest, you have no problem.

The far left sometimes tries to skirt rules to benefit the poor. I’m all for benefiting the poor, but cheating ain’t the way to do it. It’s hard when one party is fighting tooth and nail against you, but falling to their level is never the answer.

I’ve been paying payroll taxes since I was fourteen. Being wealthy has never been a goal of mine. The IRS has reached out to me twice.  Once I was called in by with questions regarding deductions from being a political consultant . I had made an error and arranged to pay the difference and they waived any penalties as they understood I made an honest mistake.

The other time came when I was renting half my duplex and living in half. The IRS didn’t understand something my tax guy did in relation to that. Once we explained, they accepted it and the return stood.

In both cases, the IRS folks were courteous and professional. I do not fear them at all. 

The bottom line on hearing aids is who is fixing it (the rules have been in place as long as I’ve been around). That’s Joe.

Edited by spenser1058

1 minute ago, orange87 said:

Pence Calls on Republicans to Stop Assailing the F.B.I. After Mar-a-Lago Search

Article: https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/17/us/politics/pence-fbi-jan-6.html?fbclid=IwAR1ng0wBqSnuvgUYDh2g8MFmEpq45npNv4_M73hbUCU99CifsRu02p0zaYM

Of course, they pay about as much attention to Mikey as Liz. but at least he tried…

Just now, spenser1058 said:

Of course, they pay about as much attention to Mikey as Liz. but at least he tried…

After her primary defeat yesterday, Liz Cheney said she would block Trump at all costs. So I had an idea. To divide the conservative vote and guarantee that Trump loses in 2024 no matter who he faces, a Pence/Cheney independent ticket would be epic. It would actually be a really good ticket, and it would be great revenge.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, orange87 said:

After her primary defeat yesterday, Liz Cheney said she would block Trump at all costs. So I had an idea. To divide the conservative vote and guarantee that Trump loses in 2024 no matter who he faces, a Pence/Cheney independent ticket would be epic. It would actually be a really good ticket, and it would be great revenge.

It would be wonderful. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, orange87 said:

Assuming they don't pick up any independent votes or center left. 

20 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

It isn’t, however, the poor you hear whining about the audits, now is it? If someone is claiming EITC that doesn’t qualify for it, they’re no less a tax cheat than Cheetohead. End of story.

When the Reagan administration went after tipped servers, I was one. I always claimed what I was supposed to and no red flags went off. If you’re honest, you have no problem.

The far left sometimes tries to skirt rules to benefit the poor. I’m all for benefiting the poor, but cheating ain’t the way to do it. It’s hard when one party is fighting tooth and nail against you, but falling to their level is never the answer.

I’ve been paying payroll taxes since I was fourteen. Being wealthy has never been a goal of mine. The IRS has reached out to me twice.  Once I was called in by with questions regarding deductions from being a political consultant . I had made an error and arranged to pay the difference and they waived any penalties as they understood I made an honest mistake.

The other time came when I was renting half my duplex and living in half. The IRS didn’t understand something my tax guy did in relation to that. Once we explained, they accepted it and the return stood.

In both cases, the IRS folks were courteous and professional. I do not fear them at all. 

The bottom line on hearing aids is who is fixing it (the rules have been in place as long as I’ve been around). That’s Joe.

We don't know how many people falsely filled out a return. Just because you are audited, doesn't mean the IRS is in the right. 

I fear the IRS. Getting audited is not fun especially of you were not in the wrong. It is a time suck. 

4 minutes ago, jack said:

Assuming they don't pick up any independent votes or center left. 

We don't know how many people falsely filled out a return. Just because you are audited, doesn't mean the IRS is in the right. 

I fear the IRS. Getting audited is not fun especially of you were not in the wrong. It is a time suck. 

The bottom line is the majority of Americans who are paying federal income taxes overpay every year and trust the IRS for their refunds. We should also note that’s an exception among most countries.

But, like everything else, the nation’s biggest tax cheat with the orange hair tried to screw everything up, following a path that really got full of potholes starting with Newtie in 1994. Democrats are always left to clean up the mess.

“Republican Senate hopefuls are getting crushed on airwaves across the country while their national campaign fund is pulling ads and running low on cash — leading some campaign advisers to ask where all the money went and to demand an audit of the committee’s finances, according to Republican strategists involved in the discussions. In a highly unusual move, the National Republican Senatorial Committee this week canceled bookings worth about $10 million, including in the critical states of Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Arizona. ”

From The Washington Post

And whom, you may ask, is running the NRSC this year? Why, it’s Skeletor! And as we know with his Medicare, SunPass and the FL unemployment system scams, Rick ALWAYS takes a cut for himself. You would think the GQP would know better. Oh well, let me cry giant Florida (Alli)Gator tears for trusting someone even the Frist family had no use for.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/08/19/gop-senate-rescue-midterms/

Edited by spenser1058