The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

5 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Wow, that was both hurtful and rash.  Aren't they pulling back on that?

Well, their legislative leaders are saying they’ll follow the votes after meeting with Trump Friday (Biden won by about 150000).

We’ll see what happens when the state canvassing board meets today.

UPDATE: Following long precedent (and the law), it appears Michigan’s state canvassing board will certify the vote 3-1 (#4 will head home to watch Newsmax). Good job, Michigan!

Edited by spenser1058

GSA ascertains Joe Biden is winner of the election, clears way for the transition from Trump administration to formally begin

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/2020-election/ct-gsa-joe-biden-transition-20201123-fqs77zryxzac5lysm2wscrmpiy-story.html

GSA chief informs President-elect Biden that formal transition process can begin

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gsa-chief-letter-president-elect-biden-formal-transition-process-resources (I posted a link to Faux News for those who are habitually in denial lol)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

GSA ascertains Joe Biden is winner of the election, clears way for the transition from Trump administration to formally begin

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/2020-election/ct-gsa-joe-biden-transition-20201123-fqs77zryxzac5lysm2wscrmpiy-story.html

GSA chief informs President-elect Biden that formal transition process can begin

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gsa-chief-letter-president-elect-biden-formal-transition-process-resources (I posted a link to Faux News for those who are habitually in denial lol)

Good. And I just farted, which has just as much say in who wins elections as the GSA does. Has anybody asked Mickey Mouse who won the election yet?

Edited by orange87

1 minute ago, spenser1058 said:

Mickey Mouse has been superseded as America’s best known cartoon character by Rudy “Grecian Formula” Giuliani...

I'm surprised about all the hate Rudy Guliani gets. He did a great job as mayor of NYC getting the crime rate way way down (albeit from controversial means). And his strong leadership during 9/11 is historic.

9 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Good. And I just farted, which has just as much say in who wins elections as the GSA does. Has anybody asked Mickey Mouse who won the election yet?

Might as well because everyone who has any official say-so in the matter has said Biden won.

Of course, I'm sure you and the rest of Trump's legions are hoping he somehow manages to bribe, intimidate or browbeat the state legislators into breaking the law by replacing the electors with Trump lackeys.

1 minute ago, orange87 said:

I'm surprised about all the hate Rudy Guliani gets. He did a great job as mayor of NYC getting the crime rate way way down (albeit from controversial means). And his strong leadership during 9/11 is historic.

Yeah, but everything he did under Trump made him look like a clown.

1 minute ago, JFW657 said:

Might as well because everyone who has any official say-so in the matter has said Biden won.

Of course, I'm sure you and the rest of Trump's legions are hoping he somehow manages to bribe, intimidate or browbeat the state legislators into breaking the law by replacing the electors with Trump lackeys.

Yeah, but everything he did under Trump made him look like a clown.

Funny thing, when you go into court, the judge expects you to show some, you know, evidence in your case. Somehow, Rudy forgot that little detail.

Just now, JFW657 said:

I hope whoever won legitimately becomes President. I'm not saying Biden didn't, but I've always KNOWN that elections can be rigged by the "powers that be." So I'm always skeptical about electoral results. Hell, the U.S. rigs elections in other countries. This is common knowledge. Same thing with spying. Many years ago we naively thought our country only spied on other countries. Then we eventually found out that the U.S. government spies on it's own citizens. In summary: our government rigs elections at home and abroad, and our government spies on people at home and abroad. And I'm sure they do many other wonderful things that we haven't discovered yet. So to be clear, I'm not saying Biden is illegitimate and I'm certainly not crazy enough to say he's a "top secret Russian Agent working for Vladimir Putin." I just accept that I'm one man and I can control what I can control, and there are also things that are out of my control and everybody's control. We all need to just do the best we can.

7 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Ok while you're sitting around waiting for Sidney Powell to "Release The Kraken" the rest of us will go about living in reality. :tw_joy:

(psst... Trump lost the popular vote twice, get a clue.)

2 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Funny thing, when you go into court, the judge expects you to show some, you know, evidence in your case. Somehow, Rudy forgot that little detail.

In fact, while in court they plainly state the case is not about fraud. They won't dare pull that crap while standing in front of a judge. I kinda wish they would though, I think I'd enjoy the aftermath of that circus.

I hope whoever won legitimately becomes President. I'm not saying Biden didn't, but I've always KNOWN that elections can be rigged by the "powers that be." So I'm always skeptical about electoral results. Hell, the U.S. rigs elections in other countries. This is common knowledge. Same thing with spying. Many years ago we naively thought our country only spied on other countries. Then we eventually found out that the U.S. government spies on it's own citizens. In summary: our government rigs elections at home and abroad, and our government spies on people at home and abroad. And I'm sure they do many other wonderful things that we haven't discovered yet. So to be clear, I'm not saying Biden is illegitimate and I'm certainly not crazy enough to say he's a "top secret Russian Agent working for Vladimir Putin." I just accept that I'm one man and I can control what I can control, and there are also things that are out of my control and everybody's control. We all need to just do the best we can.

That kind of conspiracy thinking defies logic and is at the heart of what is wrong with American politics today. 

In order for an election, especially a Presidential election like the one we just had, to be rigged, literally THOUSANDS of people, from both parties btw, would have to be in on it and have intricate knowledge of the details of the plan AND.... be dedictaed to keeping it top secret.

It's beyond any level of feasibility whatsoever.

IMHO, that is. 

Just now, nite owℓ said:

Ok while you're sitting around waiting for Sidney Powell to "Release The Kraken" the rest of us will go about living in reality. :tw_joy:

(psst... Trump lost the popular vote twice, get a clue.)

What a difference four years makes. Back in 2016 you guys thought the election was rigged in a sinister super top-secret cloak and dagger Soviet Russian conspiracy. Comrade Putin was sitting in his big leather chair in his castle on a snowy Russian mountaintop roaring with laughter as lightning and thunder clapped in the background. NOW you guys believe... elections are sacred and pure as the driven snow. And to SUGGEST that anything nefarious could EVER occur in a U.S. election is tantamount to treason. What an intellectually dishonest hypocritical joke you are.

PSST... Presidential elections aren't decided by popular vote, so what the hell is your point? Maybe you're the one who needs to "get a clue."

12 hours ago, orange87 said:

What a difference four years makes. Back in 2016 you guys thought the election was rigged in a sinister super top-secret cloak and dagger Soviet Russian conspiracy. Comrade Putin was sitting in his big leather chair in his castle on a snowy Russian mountaintop roaring with laughter as lightning and thunder clapped in the background. NOW you guys believe... elections are sacred and pure as the driven snow. And to SUGGEST that anything nefarious could EVER occur in a U.S. election is tantamount to treason. What an intellectually dishonest hypocritical joke you are.

PSST... Presidential elections aren't decided by popular vote, so what the hell is your point? Maybe you're the one who needs to "get a clue."

Hey, take that up with the intelligence community (who are doing their best to serve & protect this country).

Popular vote = the people are clearly telling you that they don't want Trump. And like I said back in October: 

On 10/7/2020 at 8:08 PM, nite owℓ said:

Electors almost always cast their vote for the candidate who wins the popular vote in their state (so let's not pretend there is no correlation between the two). However, she ended up losing seven swing states and 100 electoral votes that Obama won four years earlier.

Projections/predictions/forecasts are just that. IMO, they were not totally off base because they could not possibly account for all of the variables that led to her loss despite winning the popular vote.

12 hours ago, orange87 said:

Maybe you should stop huffing your own farts dude. It's over.

Edited by nite owℓ

18 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

That kind of conspiracy thinking defies logic and is at the heart of what is wrong with American politics today. 

In order for an election, especially a Presidential election like the one we just had, to be rigged, literally THOUSANDS of people, from both parties btw, would have to be in on it and have intricate knowledge of the details of the plan AND.... be dedictaed to keeping it top secret.

It's beyond any level of feasibility whatsoever.

IMHO, that is. 

It doesn't take thousands of people to rig an election. Did you hear that on TV and just thought it sounded good and ran with it because it confirms your bias? All it takes is a one computer nerd to hack a few voting machines in a key county of an important swing state, and that can be enough to decide an election in some cases. And there were concerns raised by government officials about the ineffective security protocols of Dominion voting software which was used in more than half of the states this election. I'm not saying that did or didn't happen, but to claim it's crazy to think it's merely possible is naive.

Edited by orange87

It doesn't take thousands of people to rig an election. Did you hear that on TV and just thought it sounded good and ran with it because it confirms your bias? All it takes is a one computer nerd to hack a few voting machines in a county of an important swing state, and that can be enough to decide an election in some cases. And there were concerns raised by government officials about the ineffective security protocols of Dominion voting software which was used in more than half of the states this election. I'm not saying that did or didn't happen, but to claim it's crazy to think it's merely possible is naive.

Here's the thing.... the votes that were tallied by computer were the in-person votes.... the ones that went mostly for Trump.

The mail-in votes, the ones that were mostly for Biden, were hand counted with observers from both sides watching.

So in your scenario, the likelihood would be that it was rigged in favor of Trump, not Biden.

Also, if it was rigged in favor of Biden, why did down-ballot Republicans do so well?

Why wouldn't they have rigged it so Biden would get a Democrat majority in Congress?

Finally, because every ballot cast in every state has a paper record, there is a paper trail that can be recounted and verified.

Keeping in mind that, as with the original vote count, there would be observers from both sides watching like hawks.

Totally absurd conspiracy kook theories coming out of the extremist right have long ago become all too predictable.

• Like 1

Trump/Giuliani et al. in public: Massive fraud!! Rigged election!!!

Giuliani, et al in court: This is not a fraud case. We are not that alleging that anyone is stealing the election.

Also interesting how Trump/Giuliani never talk about larger inconsistencies in balancing of Detroit’s poll books that benefitted Republican conclaves. Hmmm...

10 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

Trump/Giuliani et al. in public: Massive fraud!! Rigged election!!!

Giuliani, et al in court: This is not a fraud case. We are not that alleging that anyone is stealing the election.

Also interesting how Trump/Giuliani never talk about larger inconsistencies in balancing of Detroit’s poll books that benefitted Republican conclaves. Hmmm...

My favorite was one of the two Republicans on the Wayne County canvassing board who wanted to disapprove the Detroit votes but was fine with keeping the Livonia votes EVEN THOUGH LIVONIA HAD A HGHER DISCREPANCY RATE. Of course, Detroit is mostly Black and Livonia is mostly white. We know which party is the one where Jim Crow is alive and well (the same one whose presidential candidate refused to disavow the support of KKK honcho David Duke).

Edited by spenser1058
  • Thanks 1

Quote of the Day (after recent losses in PA courts): “If the president’s campaign doesn’t stop losing, the Cleveland Browns are gonna sue for trademark infringement.”

- Pennsylvania Lt. Gov. John Fetterman, 11/28/20

The Trump campaign was handed yet another loss today by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. 

Edited by spenser1058

On 11/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, orange87 said:

You're missing the significance of the GSA. They're determination of the "apparent winner" is meant to be done early and before official results. It may not be the true answer to who won the election, but that is not the point. It means that the Biden Transition Team can begin preparing for the transition of power if it comes. This is important to begin early to ensure a smooth transition of power. I can find a better source if you'd like, but Wikipedia does give a good laymans interpretation of the law: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_transition.

Some of the resources it opens up are: office space, computers, 9.9 million USD to begin hiring and support, national security intelligence, and liaison's to each government agency. The 9/11 commission attributed part of what went wrong to the slow pace of the Bush admin in getting the national security team in place, which was due, in part, to the late apparent result.

On 11/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, orange87 said:

It doesn't take thousands of people to rig an election. Did you hear that on TV and just thought it sounded good and ran with it because it confirms your bias? All it takes is a one computer nerd to hack a few voting machines in a key county of an important swing state, and that can be enough to decide an election in some cases. And there were concerns raised by government officials about the ineffective security protocols of Dominion voting software which was used in more than half of the states this election. I'm not saying that did or didn't happen, but to claim it's crazy to think it's merely possible is naive.

That is what hand recounts are for.

What specifically are you referring to for Dominion? I have not been able to find a substantive claim against that their systems impacted the election in any way. Texas and some other states chose not to certify them, but this was not due to a security issue. Dominion's systems don't assign a unique identifying number for each vote, which Texas requires. The United States certification requirements don't include this, and many other states don't include this due to voter privacy concerns.

It is not impossible, but it is  improbably. Until someone brings forward some evidence of the the machines being hacked or security concerns for Dominion, then it is naive to consider it occurred.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, orange87 said:

Yes it does because our system is so decentralized that it takes thousands of people around the country in hundreds of precincts to pull off rigging an election. I think you are overestimating the ability of these poll workers, elected officials ect. to pull off that kind of conspiracy. Our gov't can barely deliver the mail and they are supposed to rig an election? 

On 11/27/2020 at 12:16 PM, JFW657 said:

The entire GOP is just fundamentally dishonest to its core.

I agree with some of their positions on certain matters, but they play gutter politics. 

Not the entire GOP. Not as many as I would like to step up and be honest but there are a few honest brokers out there. 

On 11/23/2020 at 8:11 PM, orange87 said:

Only a minority of people actually thought that. A few dishonest people in the media pushed that agenda but the idea was that Russian disinformation contributed to Trumps win. Still, only a minority.