The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

13 minutes ago, orange87 said:

We owe a debt of gratitude to Rick Scott. His greed and possibly criminal behavior may help hand Democrats the Senate in November.

Amen. Praise be , Skeletor the Beelzebub! I’ve been around politicians a long time and I’ve never seen one so dedicated to himself and greed than that one. Trump comes close, but Rick’s is a much purer strain.

Edited by spenser1058

• 2 weeks later...

@orange87 will be glad to know that the next time he makes it down for an Orioles game, there’s an excellent chance Maryland will be the latest state to embrace recreational use of weed.

I’m also pleased to report they are well on their way to sending the wackadoodle MAGAts running towards the top of the ticket back under the rocks they crawled out from.

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

The Proud Leader of the GQP!

Donald Trump sued for fraud over family business
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-62986812

From The BBC

New York says information being forwarded for criminal action as well.

And he's now being sued by a woman for sexual battery.

Article: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/e-jean-carroll-donald-trump-lawsuit-sexual-battery/?fbclid=IwAR1V9Fl2vkz1yyXTrNMPUDxLHxltAUS7hDefD9X6zzPSaqDroVpSFRfdzCA

How many legal battles is Trump involved with now? It's got to be dozens at this point. Something's got to stick eventually.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, orange87 said:

President Biden's approval rating is now at 46% according to a Politico-Morning Consult survey. That's the highest it's been since last December.

JOEMENTUM!

Btw, @orange87, Florida (FINALLY) gave its first medical marijuana license to a Black owner.

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/557760-florida-issues-first-medical-marijuana-license-to-black-owned-business/

Edited by spenser1058
  • Like 1

Meanwhile, Little Marco is featuring a fellow in one of his ads who solicits prostitutes. Does this mean Marco supports human trafficking?

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/557313-owner-of-business-featured-in-marco-rubio-ad-previously-arrested-for-soliciting-prostitute/

VOTE FOR VAL - She’s on the beat!

Edited by spenser1058

The 11th Circuit Court of Appeals, one of the most conservative in the country, concurs with DoJ and basically let Trumpist Judge Cannon twist in the wind.

Sanity endures in America - poor Cheetohead had a really bad day.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/21/us/politics/trump-classified-documents.html?smid=nytcore-ios-share&referringSource=articleShare

From The New York Times 

• Like 1

Our Quote of the Day:

’In a pre-recorded interview with Fox News’s Sean Hannity, he insisted: “If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying, it’s declassified. Even by thinking about it, because you’re sending it to Mar-a-Lago or to wherever you’re sending it.”
‘This, of course, acknowledges that the documents he hoarded were highly sensitive, that Trump knew they were and that he sent them to Mar-a-Lago anyway.

‘Former FBI special agent Asha Rangappa called Trump’s remarks the “Secret Telepathic Unilateral Preemptive Irreversible Declassification” — or “S.T.U.P.I.D.” — defense.’

- From Jennifer Rubin at WaPo

I remember after Dobbs I was told in this very room that states could still make their own decisions on choice and that it wouldn’t affect  birth control at all.

Well. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of the highest ranking Republican senators has introduced legislation requiring forced birth (Little Marco is a co-sponsor if you think it has nothing to do with Florida).

And, now this on birth control:

“The University of Idaho’s general counsel issued guidance on Friday about the state’s near-total abortion ban, alerting faculty and staff that the school should no longer offer birth control for students, a rare move for a state university.”

From The Washington Post

Nope, don’t believe a word coming from the right and their aiders and abetters.

Edited by spenser1058

43 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I remember after Dobbs I was told in this very room that states could still make their own decisions on choice and that it wouldn’t affect  birth control at all.

Well. Sen. Lindsey Graham, one of the highest ranking Republican senators has introduced legislation requiring forced birth (Little Marco is a co-sponsor if you think it has nothing to do with Florida).

And, now this on birth control:

“The University of Idaho’s general counsel issued guidance on Friday about the state’s near-total abortion ban, alerting faculty and staff that the school should no longer offer birth control for students, a rare move for a state university.”

From The Washington Post

Nope, don’t believe a word coming from the right and their aiders and abetters.

And Graham got Heisman'd with no other GOP senators joining him at the conference nor coming to his aid as he was flailing about. Could they try once they retake the senate and the presidency? Sure but they will have a tough time convincing the true abortion is murder crowd to go along with it. 

10 minutes ago, jack said:

And Graham got Heisman'd with no other GOP senators joining him at the conference nor coming to his aid as he was flailing about. Could they try once they retake the senate and the presidency? Sure but they will have a tough time convincing the true abortion is murder crowd to go along with it. 

But Marco is a co-sponsor. Gonna vote for him? Meanwhile, DeSantis already signed the bill with no exceptions. Supporting him too? Birth control will be next - he cares for no one but his base. 

• Sad 1

On 9/26/2022 at 9:23 PM, spenser1058 said:

But Marco is a co-sponsor. Gonna vote for him? Meanwhile, DeSantis already signed the bill with no exceptions. Supporting him too? Birth control will be next - he cares for no one but his base. 

Nope and Nope. But I still don't think they will come for birth control. At the state (Florida) or the Federal level. 

“—@DanRather: When the hurricane hits Florida, federal aid will flow into help — paid for by tax dollars from Americans across the country. Airplanes will be full of supplies, not stunts. There will be no “us” and “them.” Because this is how America should act and most Americans know it.”

“When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.” - Maya Angelou

Something I’ve noticed about Republicans and right-leaning NPA’s is that they love to deny their wackadoodle members can possibly be as bad as the media reports they are.

When Cheetohead first came down the golden escalator, they insisted that as president he would change entirely and operate within the “40-yard lines” (thanks, George Will) of American politics and tradition. Of course, he did exactly the opposite.

When the right-wing SCOTUS undid fifty-plus years of settled law (stare decisis, anyone?) on forced-birth, folks right on this forum suggested nothing much would change and no one would touch availability of family planning pills. 

Of course, we’re already seeing draconian measures moving forward with promises of worse to come after the election, including by Florida Senator Marco Rubio.

Do Republicans just lie through their teeth or are they truly deluded by the likes of  FAUX News, Newsmax and OAN?

Let’s also note that Tucker Carlson and Sen. Tom Cruz (just to name two, there are others), have suggested we need a Toxic Masculine Army like Russia’s to be effective. Still sticking with that story, guys?

Meanwhile, Ukraine is welcoming diverse and LGBTQ soldiers into its ranks. Further, success in the war is leading its government to look at broader acceptance in Ukraine society going forward.

Ever wonder why the right is almost always on the wrong side of history?

Edited by spenser1058

Democracy defenders can’t be picky about their political allies
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/10/04/katie-hobbs-democrat-cheney-coalition/

From The Washington Post 

Let’s save American democracy from the Putin/Orban MAGAts first and then get back to being a Bernie Bro if you want. The enemy of my enemy is my friend (even FDR figured that out).

Edited by spenser1058