The Republic Is Saved.

spenser1058

19 hours ago, spenser1058 said:

“Too many House Republicans are too dimwitted to understand the uses of power and how to wield it,” the Journal argued. “They’d rather rage against the machine to no useful effect.”

- Rupert Murdoch’s Wall Street Journal

Even the King of FOX News understands just how clueless they are…

FWIW, Rupert has more control over WSJ. Lachlan runs Fox News. 

• Like 1

“One of the most important numbers in American politics this year is 140 million. That’s the number of Americans who live in a state where Democrats will have total control over state government after the 2022 midterm elections. By contrast, only 137 million live in a state where Republicans will control state government. It’ll be the first time in 12 years that more Americans live in a state fully controlled by Democrats than in one fully controlled by Republicans.”

From Five Thirty Eight

• Like 1

You do have to wonder where the MAGA crowd gets these jokers. George Santos, recently elected to Congress from Long Island, apparently made up just about everything on his resume.

That apparently includes the fact he’s supposedly gay. It turns out Mr. Santos, who oddly for a gay man decided to come out in support of the Florida GQP’s “Don’t Say Gay” law, had a previously undisclosed divorce -to a woman. 

As we have seen too often with the MAGA folks, if the facts are inconvenient, just lie. They are quite consistent about it, I guess.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/openly-gay-rep-elect-george-santos-didnt-disclose-divorce-with-woman

From The Daily Beast

12 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

You do have to wonder where the MAGA crowd gets these jokers. George Santos, recently elected to Congress from Long Island, apparently made up just about everything on his resume.

That apparently includes the fact he’s supposedly gay. It turns out Mr. Santos, who oddly for a gay man decided to come out in support of the Florida GQP’s “Don’t Say Gay” law, had a previously undisclosed divorce -to a woman. 

As we have seen too often with the MAGA folks, if the facts are inconvenient, just lie. They are quite consistent about it, I guess.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/openly-gay-rep-elect-george-santos-didnt-disclose-divorce-with-woman

From The Daily Beast

So does this mean that the Democratic Governor of NY gets to choose his replacement thus giving the Dems an extra House seat?

12 minutes ago, orange87 said:

So does this mean that the Democratic Governor of NY gets to choose his replacement thus giving the Dems an extra House seat?

It varies by state but that’s the usual process. Which is no doubt why WaPo GOP pundit Henry Olsen seemed to be bending over backward to seat him in spite of his spuriousness. 

Apparently, with so little wiggle room in his quest to become Speaker, Kevin McCarthy is also showing little desire to cut him loose.

Gov. Hochul can’t do anything unless the House either refuses to seat him or expels him after he’s sworn in.

On 12/22/2022 at 4:22 PM, spenser1058 said:

It varies by state but that’s the usual process. Which is no doubt why WaPo GOP pundit Henry Olsen seemed to be bending over backward to seat him in spite of his spuriousness. 

Apparently, with so little wiggle room in his quest to become Speaker, Kevin McCarthy is also showing little desire to cut him loose.

Gov. Hochul can’t do anything unless the House either refuses to seat him or expels him after he’s sworn in.

I doubt they will expel him. He may have lied but I think they prefer the voters to do something. A person with honor would resign but we know that won't happen. 

• 2 weeks later...

McCarthy has already said nyet to that.

I think the only way the Republicans will ever force Santos to resign, is if he were to be implicated or indicted in a scandal involving the sexual abuse of underage victims.

That seems to be the only bar you have to clear anymore in order to be part of their club.

That's how desperately they want to hang on to any seat they possibly can, given how slim their majority is.   

Otoh, looking at Matt Gaetz,  maybe there is no bar....

• Like 2

On 12/28/2022 at 6:06 PM, spenser1058 said:

More lies uncovered from Rep.-elect George Santos, courtesy of CNN:

https://apple.news/AP4KsHdv5SMaKKT6q8oaumQ

The GOP (Gaudy Old Prevaricators) still refuses to do a thing. Of course, that’s pretty much what we’d expect.

I don't even know who Santos is.  But I guess if I had CNN in my I-V drip, constantly infusing my blood with leftist propaganda, while eating my CNN alphabet soup, I would know. 

Meanwhile Biden and his locked-in-his-garage-with-his-Corvette documents-- you know the ones they felt it necessary to raid Miralago for- so you guys could pat each other on the back and cheer about?  Yeah, those- now that's waaay more interesting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jrs2 said:

I don't even know who Santos is.  But I guess if I had CNN in my I-V drip, constantly infusing my blood with leftist propaganda, while eating my CNN alphabet soup, I would know. 

Meanwhile Biden and his locked-in-his-garage-with-his-Corvette documents-- you know the ones they felt it necessary to raid Miralago for- so you guys could pat each other on the back and cheer about?  Yeah, those- now that's waaay more interesting.

Not mentioned in your word salad is the fact that CNN has been giving plenty of coverage to the Biden documents scandal and many high ranking Democrats support the investigation into Biden. Meanwhile, the GOP is still mostly silent on George Santos's myriad of lies.

2 hours ago, orange87 said:

Not mentioned in your word salad is the fact that CNN has been giving plenty of coverage to the Biden documents scandal and many high ranking Democrats support the investigation into Biden. Meanwhile, the GOP is still mostly silent on George Santos's myriad of lies.

Well, apparently my word salad wasn't salad enough since you know exactly what I was talking about.

As for my point, the media may be covering it but I don't see anyone posting anything about it here, in this like minded narcissistic leftist echo chamber. 

And I don't care about George Santos.  I care more about the corrupt DOJ- coverage versus a bogus search warrant and raid are two completely different things.  

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

Well, apparently my word salad wasn't salad enough since you know exactly what I was talking about.

As for my point, the media may be covering it but I don't see anyone posting anything about it here, in this like minded narcissistic leftist echo chamber. 

And I don't care about George Santos.  I care more about the corrupt DOJ- coverage versus a bogus search warrant and raid are two completely different things.  

What you should be most concerned about is your tenuous and ever weakening grip on reality.

Everyone has heard of Santos. But if you want to play that game and claim you haven't, I'll give you a brief rundown. He is a Republican who was elected to a Congressional seat in NY last November. Since then it has come to light that he fabricated virtually every aspect of his life, as well as his parents'lives, claiming they were holocaust survivors when they actually lived in Venezuela or somewhere down there during WWII. All his other claims about himself were also lies, including where he supposedly went to school, the academic honors he supposedly received, where he worked, how much money he had, where he got it from, etc, etc, etc. They're now saying he likely misused campaign funds for his personal use, which is a crime and he's also wanted in a foreign country for theft or something like that. 

Republicans really know how to pick leaders who reflect their values, I'll give them that. 

As for the documents flap, there is very little comparison between Biden most likely FORGETTING he had the SMALL HANDFUL of docs mixed in with THOUSANDS of other non-classified docs.... vs Trump who INTENTIONALLY STOLE over THREE HUNDRED of them, lied about having them, then tried to refuse to give them back when ordered to.

Contrast that to how Biden and his lawyers were the ones who VOLUNTARILY contacted the National Archives the day after they were found.

You right-wingers best be careful about how much hay you try to make out of this, because the more you all hammer and yammer about it, the more clearly the public will begin to see the difference in how honorably and forthrightly Biden handled it vs how dishonestly and scumbaggishly Trump did. 

We'll be happy to draw that comparison for the American people, who are mostly savvy enough to tell the difference, for as long as you all want to drag it out.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JFW657 said:

What you should be most concerned about is your tenuous and ever weakening grip on reality.

Everyone has heard of Santos. But if you want to play that game and claim you haven't, I'll give you a brief rundown. He is a Republican who was elected to a Congressional seat in NY last November. Since then it has come to light that he fabricated virtually every aspect of his life, as well as his parents'lives, claiming they were holocaust survivors when they actually lived in Venezuela or somewhere down there during WWII. All his other claims about himself were also lies, including where he supposedly went to school, the academic honors he supposedly received, where he worked, how much money he had, where he got it from, etc, etc, etc. They're now saying he likely misused campaign funds for his personal use, which is a crime and he's also wanted in a foreign country for theft or something like that. 

Republicans really know how to pick leaders who reflect their values, I'll give them that. 

As for the documents flap, there is very little comparison between Biden most likely FORGETTING he had the SMALL HANDFUL of docs mixed in with THOUSANDS of other non-classified docs.... vs Trump who INTENTIONALLY STOLE over THREE HUNDRED of them, lied about having them, then tried to refuse to give them back when ordered to.

Contrast that to how Biden and his lawyers were the ones who VOLUNTARILY contacted the National Archives the day after they were found.

You right-wingers best be careful about how much hay you try to make out of this, because the more you all hammer and yammer about it, the more clearly the public will begin to see the difference in how honorably and forthrightly Biden handled it vs how dishonestly and scumbaggishly Trump did. 

We'll be happy to draw that comparison for the American people, who are mostly savvy enough to tell the difference, for as long as you all want to drag it out.

You really are good at twisting things. Trump worked with the FBI on the security of the classified documents, to the point where just a few weeks before the raid on his home, the FBI requested (and Trump complied) with adding additional locks and security to the areas where classified documents were stored, which means the FBI must have known they were there.

In contrast, while we've just been hearing about Biden unknowingly having classified documents and having no idea where they are, apparently he and the FBI has known that at least some of the classified documents were found before the election, but the FBI and him hid it prior to the election to reduce the impact of his scandal from effecting election results. Talk about dishonest

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, aent said:

You really are good at twisting things. Trump worked with the FBI on the security of the classified documents, to the point where just a few weeks before the raid on his home, the FBI requested (and Trump complied) with adding additional locks and security to the areas where classified documents were stored, which means the FBI must have known they were there.

In contrast, while we've just been hearing about Biden unknowingly having classified documents and having no idea where they are, apparently he and the FBI has known that at least some of the classified documents were found before the election, but the FBI and him hid it prior to the election to reduce the impact of his scandal from effecting election results. Talk about dishonest

Well, I searched and found one article in which it describes a letter the FBI sent to Trump instructing him to lock the room in which the documents were kept and he complied by putting a padlock on the door....

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-lawyers-add-padlock-office-before-fbi-search-2022-8

Kind of a stretch to describe that as having "....worked with the FBI on the security of the classified documents..." or that he added "...additional locks and security...". Sending your maintenance man to Ace Hardware to pick up a $10 padlock and hasp hardly qualifies as what you described.

And yes, of course at some point the FBI found out about Trump's theft and contacted him about it. Nothing surprising or unusual about that.

The problems ensued when, after being asked politely several times to return them, he refused and made up a load of BS about having declassified them prior to absconding with them, then claiming they were his property, etc, etc.

Contrast all that with the way Biden's attorneys voluntarily contacted the National Archives and informed them of the situation.

As far as having "hid" the situation, first of all it's not the FBI's job or even standard practice to make public announcements of investigations. Should Biden have been more open and transparent? That argument can certainly be made. But honestly, after the four year constant criminal crapfest that was the Trump administration, I can hardly force myself to give a crap if Biden occasionally falls short of perfection once in awhile. I'd have never held an occasional misstep by Trump or any other President against them either. Humans are human and none of us are without fault. But Trump was almost like a gangster or a 1930's mob boss. Everything he did was dishonest, borderline illegal or just plain, flat out criminal.

Trump's cult can shill and make excuses for him all they want, but all it does is advertise what low standards they have.

Biden might not be perfect, but at least he has a sense of morality and decency. 

Trump is totally and completely amoral. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Well, I searched and found one article in which it describes a letter the FBI sent to Trump instructing him to lock the room in which the documents were kept and he complied by putting a padlock on the door....

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-asked-lawyers-add-padlock-office-before-fbi-search-2022-8

Kind of a stretch to describe that as having "....worked with the FBI on the security of the classified documents..." or that he added "...additional locks and security...". Sending your maintenance man to Ace Hardware to pick up a $10 padlock and hasp hardly qualifies as what you described.

And yes, of course at some point the FBI found out about Trump's theft and contacted him about it. Nothing surprising or unusual about that.

The problems ensued when, after being asked politely several times to return them, he refused and made up a load of BS about having declassified them prior to absconding with them, then claiming they were his property, etc, etc.

Contrast all that with the way Biden's attorneys voluntarily contacted the National Archives and informed them of the situation.

As far as having "hid" the situation, first of all it's not the FBI's job or even standard practice to make public announcements of investigations. Should Biden have been more open and transparent? That argument can certainly be made. But honestly, after the four year constant criminal crapfest that was the Trump administration, I can hardly force myself to give a crap if Biden occasionally falls short of perfection once in awhile. I'd have never held an occasional misstep by Trump or any other President against them either. Humans are human and none of us are without fault. But Trump was almost like a gangster or a 1930's mob boss. Everything he did was dishonest, borderline illegal or just plain, flat out criminal.

Trump's cult can shill and make excuses for him all they want, but all it does is advertise what low standards they have.

Biden might not be perfect, but at least he has a sense of morality and decency. 

Trump is totally and completely amoral. 

The only thing missing in your two posts above is that you forgot to flush after you denigrated that blue water with your diahrrea.  So, I'm flushing that stinking mess now:

You're the poster child for the MSM's slanted propaganda, and you claim that I have a weakened grip on reality?  Look at all this ridiculous time wasting research you did above about what, another George O'Leary? The Leftist MSM hammers just about every right-wing candidate and ignores the dirt on the leftists- unless it serves them.  What else is new. 

You've called me a kook and so many other childish names over the months and years.  Here's a hot tip: stop being a useful idiot, or an idiot in general.  Anytime the MSM hammers any story it is because they are trying to take your attention away from something else that is way worse.  Oh wait, you don't believe that; that's a conspiracy theory, right? Yes, when the MSM covers a story what they are telling you is that you need to pay attention to this story because we told you to, so be a good little follower and do what we say.  I guess you're used to that.

So when you're done gloating about some moron in Santos, go scurry along and give a standing ovation to a crooked douchebag wearing a hoodie addressing Congress and asking for money, like all the other shills in the leftist sandbox. And then connect the dots between that douchebag and the president's son and the president himself and the corruption involved there.  Oh, wait, the MSM didn't tell me that I should care about that, so, maybe I shouldn't... But I voted for him...so I'll just ignore it.  Whatever it takes to get Trump out of office...isn't that the motto?

When baby bubba on this thread canceled his Twitter account because he claimed it was becoming like Infowars (I can't remember who that was), I laughed my descendant-of-immigrants ass off.  Why? Because you leftists are the most pathetic bunch of drones I have ever seen in my life.  Why aren't Trump supporters drones as well?  Uh, dunno, maybe because we work in the private sector?  Not vey drone-like compared to government worker hacks sitting on pensions telling society how things should be when Uncle Sam coddles them their entire adult life.   

So who are the leftists, really?  A bunch of local uneducated yahoos.  You don't speak a foreign language; you are not the kids of immigrants, you have no culture; you plead for the immigrant's plight to buy their votes yet immigrants despise what you stand for.  Show me one US immigrant that supports leftism.  You guys are so disillusioned about reality it really is sad. What is worse that I am wasting my keystrokes right now.  It's like taking the time to twirl the prop on someone else's dunce cap.  This is why you're in the echo chamber.  You hate society, have a chip on your shoulder, you hate the American dream, and vilify anyone who supports it.  

You even said the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life a few months ago about morality:  you only support it if it comes from the government.  Tell that to the Jews.

8 hours ago, jrs2 said:

The only thing missing in your two posts above is that you forgot to flush after you denigrated that blue water with your diahrrea.  So, I'm flushing that stinking mess now:

You're the poster child for the MSM's slanted propaganda, and you claim that I have a weakened grip on reality?  Look at all this ridiculous time wasting research you did above about what, another George O'Leary? The Leftist MSM hammers just about every right-wing candidate and ignores the dirt on the leftists- unless it serves them.  What else is new. 

You've called me a kook and so many other childish names over the months and years.  Here's a hot tip: stop being a useful idiot, or an idiot in general.  Anytime the MSM hammers any story it is because they are trying to take your attention away from something else that is way worse.  Oh wait, you don't believe that; that's a conspiracy theory, right? Yes, when the MSM covers a story what they are telling you is that you need to pay attention to this story because we told you to, so be a good little follower and do what we say.  I guess you're used to that.

So when you're done gloating about some moron in Santos, go scurry along and give a standing ovation to a crooked douchebag wearing a hoodie addressing Congress and asking for money, like all the other shills in the leftist sandbox. And then connect the dots between that douchebag and the president's son and the president himself and the corruption involved there.  Oh, wait, the MSM didn't tell me that I should care about that, so, maybe I shouldn't... But I voted for him...so I'll just ignore it.  Whatever it takes to get Trump out of office...isn't that the motto?

When baby bubba on this thread canceled his Twitter account because he claimed it was becoming like Infowars (I can't remember who that was), I laughed my descendant-of-immigrants ass off.  Why? Because you leftists are the most pathetic bunch of drones I have ever seen in my life.  Why aren't Trump supporters drones as well?  Uh, dunno, maybe because we work in the private sector?  Not vey drone-like compared to government worker hacks sitting on pensions telling society how things should be when Uncle Sam coddles them their entire adult life.   

So who are the leftists, really?  A bunch of local uneducated yahoos.  You don't speak a foreign language; you are not the kids of immigrants, you have no culture; you plead for the immigrant's plight to buy their votes yet immigrants despise what you stand for.  Show me one US immigrant that supports leftism.  You guys are so disillusioned about reality it really is sad. What is worse that I am wasting my keystrokes right now.  It's like taking the time to twirl the prop on someone else's dunce cap.  This is why you're in the echo chamber.  You hate society, have a chip on your shoulder, you hate the American dream, and vilify anyone who supports it.  

You even said the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life a few months ago about morality:  you only support it if it comes from the government.  Tell that to the Jews.

:rofl:  ^^^^ 

Thanks for proving that every critical thing I've said about YOUR POSTS is 100% true. 

And BTW, for the record, I have NEVER come right out and "called you" a kook or any other "childish names".

You otoh, just called me an idiot.

In other posts, you have called me worse. Yet here you are bleating and lowing about me being the one who engages in name calling. 

So, since you opened the door and in essence, gave me permission by virtue of your own name calling, I will say that you are a LIAR and a massive HYPOCRITE.

Below are some links to exchanges between you and I in the two political threads, in which you have, (along with your last post above which I am quoting in this post), been guilty of what you accuse me of.

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/120539-the-republic-is-saved/?do=findComment&comment=1834448

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/120539-the-republic-is-saved/?do=findComment&comment=1836865

https://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/topic/118577-local-and-florida-politics/?do=findComment&comment=1771156

You can go through ever exchange between us and the only things you'll find is that.... 

1) I have NOT engaged in the kind of wanton name-calling which you falsely accused me of, AND

2) that any pointed comments I have made regarding your POSTS, have mostly been in response to similar comments you've made towards me. 

8 hours ago, jrs2 said:

You're the poster child for the MSM's slanted propaganda, and you claim that I have a weakened grip on reality?  Look at all this ridiculous time wasting research you did above about what, another George O'Leary? 

I found that quote in a couple of minutes via a quick Google search.

You should try it sometime before you post your usual drivel.

8 hours ago, jrs2 said:

When baby bubba on this thread canceled his Twitter account because he claimed it was becoming like Infowars (I can't remember who that was), I laughed my descendant-of-immigrants ass off.  Why? Because you leftists are the most pathetic bunch of drones I have ever seen in my life.  Why aren't Trump supporters drones as well?  Uh, dunno, maybe because we work in the private sector?  Not very drone-like compared to government worker hacks sitting on pensions telling society how things should be when Uncle Sam coddles them their entire adult life.   

I've never worked for the dang ol' gub'mint in my life.

Always worked in the private sector.

But I wouldn't use that as an excuse for being a gullible rube who voted for Trump, which of course I did not do anyway.

Me not being a gullible rube and all....

9 hours ago, jrs2 said:

My mom was an immigrant and she was leftist on many issues.

Mostly centrist like me.

She despised Trump though.

But then she was smart and had a lot of class, my mom did.

BTW, I used to speak a reasonably fair amount of Deutsch.  

So as usual, you are wrong on just about everything you spew.