Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
spenser1058

The Republic Is Saved.

Recommended Posts


24 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Aaaahnold weighs in:


https://mobile.twitter.com/Schwarzenegger/status/1348249481284874240

Another reminder of just how important immigrants are to the fabric of the country. Their differing perspectives make us all better.

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely appalling. My family went through that, and I've heard the stories. There is no resemblance at all to Kristallnacht to what happened at the capital. Thousands of individuals private property and businesses were destroyed. The government did nothing to protect those people, ond worse, arrested the Jews. There are other events in the past year that have had a closer resemblance then this one, but I won't even mention them since they don't even come close to it. How disrespectful 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, aent said:

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely appalling. My family went through that, and I've heard the stories. There is no resemblance at all to Kristallnacht to what happened at the capital. Thousands of individuals private property and businesses were destroyed. The government did nothing to protect those people, ond worse, arrested the Jews. There are other events in the past year that have had a closer resemblance then this one, but I won't even mention them since they don't even come close to it. How disrespectful 

I was ready to agree with you and give your post a like until I listened to what Ahnuldt was saying.

Either you only listened to the first minute or two, or you're just offended because Trump and his minions were criticized.

Either way, you grossly oversimplified the message much as I think spenser did, though in a different manner and for different reasons.

And BTW, my mother was born in Germany in 1922. She grew up under the rule of Hitler and only left after WWII was over, around 1950. She also went through all that, including Kristallnacht, right in the very town she grew up in. And she told me about it as I was growing up. But that doesn't give me any better perspective on it than anyone else.

I think Ahnuldt's comparison to Kristallnacht was apt in that they both signify the hatred and bigotry of one group who feels some divine moral superiority over another, and their willingness to use brute force and  intimidation to express those feelings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aent said:

I'm sorry, but that is absolutely appalling. My family went through that, and I've heard the stories. There is no resemblance at all to Kristallnacht to what happened at the capital. Thousands of individuals private property and businesses were destroyed. The government did nothing to protect those people, ond worse, arrested the Jews. There are other events in the past year that have had a closer resemblance then this one, but I won't even mention them since they don't even come close to it. How disrespectful 

You're right... Arnold should've compared the insurrection at the Capitol to Benghazi. The pro-Trump extremists called for public executions and hangings, brought zip ties, guns & weapons, pipe bombs, Kevlar vests, and erected a gallows. It was a terrorist attack.

Edited by nite owℓ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

You're right... Arnold should've compared the insurrection at the Capitol to Benghazi. The pro-Trump extremists called for public executions and hangings, brought zip ties, guns & weapons, pipe bombs, Kevlar vests, and erected a gallows. It was a terrorist attack.

Kristallnacht was the most apt comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Kristallnacht was the most apt comparison.

In my opinion, there is no one size fits all comparison. Since Aent rejected Arnold's Kristallnacht comparison I offered a more extreme alternative that has been voiced by others in the media.

While not exactly the same, there are similarities to what happened in Benghazi: 1) at the time the State Dept was criticized for not providing enough protection and there was a lapse in security prior to the attack 2) the delay in military response to the attack while under siege and 3) using security cameras, cell phone calls and location data to charge those responsible for the attack. I'm sure someone could delve deeper to draw additional similarities if they cared to.

Without law enforcement and military intervention the Capitol attack could have been much, much worse than what it was (considering the weapons that were discovered). I'm just thankful the extremists didn't get to see their entire plan unfold that day - the siege alone is bad enough.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, nite owℓ said:

In my opinion, there is no one size fits all comparison. Since Aent rejected Arnold's Kristallnacht comparison I offered a more extreme alternative that has been voiced by others in the media.

While not exactly the same, there are similarities to what happened in Benghazi: 1) at the time the State Dept was criticized for not providing enough protection and there was a lapse in security prior to the attack 2) the delay in military response to the attack while under siege and 3) using security cameras, cell phone calls and location data to charge those responsible for the attack. I'm sure someone could delve deeper to draw additional similarities if they cared to.

Without law enforcement and military intervention the Capitol attack could have been much, much worse than what it was (considering the weapons that were discovered). I'm just thankful the extremists didn't get to see their entire plan unfold that day - the siege alone is bad enough.

 

But, you see, the Capitol attack doesn’t count because they can’t blame the whole thing on Hillary...or something. The mind of the right hive often befuddles me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

But, you see, the Capitol attack doesn’t count because they can’t blame the whole thing on Hillary...or something. The mind of the right hive often befuddles me.

Literally no one has said that. Almost everyone on the right, including Trump himself, has condemned the attack. No one is denying that who orchestrated it and brought weapons into the capitol are bad people who deserve to go to jail. I think nite owl got my point at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nite owℓ said:

In my opinion, there is no one size fits all comparison. Since Aent rejected Arnold's Kristallnacht comparison I offered a more extreme alternative that has been voiced by others in the media.

While not exactly the same, there are similarities to what happened in Benghazi: 1) at the time the State Dept was criticized for not providing enough protection and there was a lapse in security prior to the attack 2) the delay in military response to the attack while under siege and 3) using security cameras, cell phone calls and location data to charge those responsible for the attack. I'm sure someone could delve deeper to draw additional similarities if they cared to.

Without law enforcement and military intervention the Capitol attack could have been much, much worse than what it was (considering the weapons that were discovered). I'm just thankful the extremists didn't get to see their entire plan unfold that day - the siege alone is bad enough.

I think you're kind of missing his point.

What I meant by Ahnuldt's comparison being a more apt comparison, has to do with the underlying, larger motive or reason for the attack on the Capitol, not the similarities in the actual details of how it was carried out.

The attack on the Capitol was, like Kristallnacht, motivated by bigotry, hatred and one social/political group expressing their belief in their own divine superiority over another.

It was one group of people using force and intimidation over another within the same society.

I think that was the point Ahnuldt was making. 

Bigotry and social repression by force at the expense of democracy, the Constitution and the ideals the country was founded upon.

Benghazi was a military attack by one military force against another. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, aent said:

Literally no one has said that. Almost everyone on the right, including Trump himself, has condemned the attack. No one is denying that who orchestrated it and brought weapons into the capitol are bad people who deserve to go to jail. I think nite owl got my point at least.

Trump condemned them but only after inciting them to begin with, praising them then telling them he loved them.

He only condemned them after it was in the best interest of his public image.

Your continued attempts to whitewash Trump and his abhorrent behavior is obvious and I for one, am not buying it.

These "bad people" were/are rank and file, garden variety Trump supporters from around the country, who had the time and money to travel to DC and make themselves part of this travesty.

Ashli Babbit, the woman shot in the neck by the Capitol cop, was a MAGA hat wearing,14 year USAF veteran with a background in military security. 

Was she a "bad person"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Trump condemned them but only after inciting them to begin with, praising them then telling them he loved them.

He only condemned them after it was in the best interest of his public image.

Your continued attempts to whitewash Trump and his abhorrent behavior is obvious and I for one, am not buying it.

These "bad people" were/are rank and file, garden variety Trump supporters from around the country, who had the time and money to travel to DC and make themselves part of this travesty.

Ashli Babbit, the woman shot in the neck by the Capitol cop, was a MAGA hat wearing,14 year USAF veteran with a background in military security. 

Was she a "bad person"?

Trump incited them by telling them we need to do this peacefully and respect the police, when they literally ignored the President and they turned violent?

I think the police did exactly what they had to do to control the riot. The problem is your claiming 74 million Americans who supported Trump are the type that would do this, when the vast majority of them don't support this. Again, the implications are asinine, and why there is so much divide in this country.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2021 at 8:58 AM, spenser1058 said:

Not to mention when they end up as President. Whatever you may think of Joe Biden’s politics, at least he acts like a grownup.

Hopefully, the Republican Party will at least start looking for civilized candidates again.

Don't hold your breath. I am optimistic but for a good GOP civil war but worry the wrong people will win. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, aent said:

Trump incited them by telling them we need to do this peacefully and respect the police, when they literally ignored the President and they turned violent?

I think the police did exactly what they had to do to control the riot. The problem is your claiming 74 million Americans who supported Trump are the type that would do this, when the vast majority of them don't support this. Again, the implications are asinine, and why there is so much divide in this country.

"Trump incited them by telling them we need to do this peacefully and respect the police, when they literally ignored the President and they turned violent?"

Utter nonsense.

He only appealed for peace and calm AFTER they had already stormed the building and the damage was already done.

The exhortations out of people like him and Giuliani contained words like "fight" and "combat" etc. to rile those goofballs up. I saw a clip of one GOP Senator exhorting the crowd to "kick ass and take names".

"The problem is your claiming 74 million Americans who supported Trump are the type that would do this, when the vast majority of them don't support this. Again, the implications are asinine, and why there is so much divide in this country."

I made no such claim. But everyone who supported Trump while it was obvious to the rest of the nation how dangerous he is, has to own some of the culpability. Why is it that the other half the country had the sound judgement to oppose this lunatic, and were smart enough to see him for what he is? And even after that disgraceful display last week, his hard core fans like yourself, still defend him and would vote for him again if you could.

What kind of spell has he cast over you people?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now he’s done it. First, Twitter cut him off and now the PGA is serving notice. What’s he gonna have left to do after Jan 20?

The New York State Bar is also looking into disbarring Rudy.

Well, they could always try a remake of “Grumpy Old Men” if any of the studios will have anything to do with either of them.

Oh, the humanity!

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trump's big problem is the SDNY. 

They are busy looking into Trump's financial dealings as a resident of NY and I believe they've succeeded in getting his tax returns.

No Presidential pardons for state prosecutions either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Trump's big problem is the SDNY. 

They are busy looking into Trump's financial dealings as a resident of NY and I believe they've succeeded in getting his tax returns.

No Presidential pardons for state prosecutions either.

I'm sure Trump will also get life in prison for peeing on Obama's bed and being a super top secret Pусский Agent. :tw_joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, orange87 said:

I'm sure Trump will also get life in prison for peeing on Obama's bed and being a super top secret Pусский Agent. :tw_joy:

I hope he goes down for something like racketeering and/or tax evasion.

Of course, he'd get off with a stiff fine and not do prison time.

But hopefully the fines will be big enough to clean him out.

Let him spend the rest of his life in some apartment hiding in disgrace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Donald has made history yet again - he is the first US president ever to be impeached twice. Congratulations... or something.

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently, Ivanka & Jared need not apply for membership at the uber-exclusive Indian Creek country club after Ivanka called some of the Capitol terrorists “patriots”, according to Page Six.

No word if that will affect their plans to build on the island.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The D.C. establishment has effectively destroyed the first outsider President we've had in a very long time. Wether you agree with Trump's politics or not, there's no question that every establishment institution (media, hollywood, academia etc) hated his guts are wanted him gone ASAP. The reason they're piling on right now is to send a message to any other outsider considering trying to interfere with their exclusive club. "Don't try it again or this will happen to you too."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With all the things going on in Washington in the last week, the one folks may have missed that will be the most fun: the Chairman of the powerful Senate Budget Committee will now be... Bernie!

 

4 minutes ago, orange87 said:

The D.C. establishment has effectively destroyed the first outsider President we've had in a very long time. Wether you agree with Trump's politics or not, there's no question that every establishment institution (media, hollywood, academia etc) hated his guts are wanted him gone ASAP. The reason they're piling on right now is to send a message to any other outsider considering trying to interfere with their exclusive club. "Don't try it again or this will happen to you too."

Because The Donald tried SOOO hard to win them over, right? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

Because The Donald tried SOOO hard to win them over, right? 

He actually did. His original cabinet was all swamp creatures. It's also why he chose Pence as his VP. He threw them a bone and most of them still wanted him gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, orange87 said:

The D.C. establishment has effectively destroyed the first outsider President we've had in a very long time. Wether you agree with Trump's politics or not, there's no question that every establishment institution (media, hollywood, academia etc) hated his guts are wanted him gone ASAP. The reason they're piling on right now is to send a message to any other outsider considering trying to interfere with their exclusive club. "Don't try it again or this will happen to you too."

 

1 hour ago, orange87 said:

He actually did. His original cabinet was all swamp creatures. It's also why he chose Pence as his VP. He threw them a bone and most of them still wanted him gone.

Aw c'mon, man.

Why do so many people act like they don't understand the feelings of disgust Trump engenders in other people? 

You and other Trump.... I guess I'll say "apologists"... always act like Trump is just this basically normal guy who acts like everyone else and that he's never.... done anything even remotely questionable... or said anything outlandishly obnoxious or stupid... or figuratively spit in people's faces... or gone out of his way to make enemies... or shamelessly lied every time he opened his mouth... or that he isn't an incompetent boob... or that he's never figuratively wiped his butt with the Constitution.... or.... I could probably go on and on, but you get the idea.

Trump is the sole cause of every one of his problems.

Time to stop blaming everyone else.

The man is an unstable lunatic and needs to go.

The sooner he's gone the better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another first for President-elect Biden. His German shepherd, Major, will be the first to go from shelter dog to the White House. Awesome!

From NPR
 

Edited by spenser1058

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.