Corkdorks Cambria Suites Hotel, 10 stories, 159 rooms

markhollin

9 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Very cool project, especially the way it fronts the street and presumably puts parking in the back -- although I was today-years-old when I learned that the liquor store I've been to probably 50 times is called "Corkdorks" and not "Midtown." Oops.

To be fair, it’s been through a few name changes/iterations over the years, and is currently named Midtown Corkdorks. It was split as two stores before state law changed and allowed liquor stores to start selling beer. 

I noticed a for sale/lease sign at the Jack Morris Auto Glass property today. If we can get that developed, along with the Reed site, we’ll be well on our to a revitalized Church Street. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jamie Hall said:

Very cool project, especially the way it fronts the street and presumably puts parking in the back -- although I was today-years-old when I learned that the liquor store I've been to probably 50 times is called "Corkdorks" and not "Midtown." Oops.

Maybe I'm looking at the rendering wrong, but it doesn't appear to me that the parking is in the back?

1 minute ago, BnaBreaker said:

Maybe I'm looking at the rendering wrong, but it doesn't appear to me that the parking is in the back?

I think you're right -- the first image made it look like the front lot was tiny, but now I see that it's probably no different than it is now. That's disappointing, especially considering how that entire stretch of Church Street could look so much different and walkable in 5-10 years with the dairy property, the Reed property, and others in flux.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

At best this is 9 stories as it is based on street address and the the 10th is below grade or rather the first floor is below grade.

The rendering that looks from the NW shows 10 stories from Church street elevation when you count the rooftop bar area. It's 11 stories in the back (north end) along the alleyway.  

Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 5.32.19 PM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jamie Hall said:

I think you're right -- the first image made it look like the front lot was tiny, but now I see that it's probably no different than it is now. That's disappointing, especially considering how that entire stretch of Church Street could look so much different and walkable in 5-10 years with the dairy property, the Reed property, and others in flux.

Agreed... quite disappointing, although I suppose I'd be more aggravated if the wine store bit was new construction.  Still an interesting project!

Well according to Paul Patel, the owner, he is calling it 8 and I think that is what the architects renderings show. I hate to  nit pick it but it is in no way 11. Look at it from the front of the street and it shows 9. I guess we wills ee when the permit is issued as it will say how tall it is and will be settled then.

There is very little parking, actually just a few spaces. This is an Uber style hotel

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...