Corkdorks Cambria Suites Hotel, 10 stories, 159 rooms

markhollin

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Melrose said:

I haven't quite figured out exactly what tier of hotel Cambria Suites falls into,  but I think this is turning out nice enough,  maybe a bit nicer than maybe it "should"?   

In my experience staying at a Cambria, I’d say it’s in the same category as Hilton’s Home 2 Suites line of hotels. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The hotel will open in October and will include a porte-cochère (for auto access) and a rooftop bar/restaurant — open to the public and to be called The Rux, named to honor the memory of onwer/developer Paul Patel’s late mother, Ruxmani Patel. It will also feature a ground-level coffee shop (not yet announced but expected to be a local business) and a ground-level restaurant for which details have not been finalized.

Clad primarily in porcelain panels, the building will offer a facade with a small water feature. Patel worked with Italy-based Graniti Vicentia on interior design elements.

“This corner will look amazing when we finish the project,” said Patel, whose family works within the U.S. hotel industry. “We feel this will be one of the most eye-catching hotels in Nashville.”

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/real-estate-notes-midtown-hotel-to-open-in-october/article_982d88b2-4105-11ee-9aa0-47849caba0af.html

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 10:30 AM, Archibum said:

This building has always just felt a little off to me. I think its the heaviness of the mass at the street sitting on these tiny setback chicken legs. Maybe one too many big design moves. Just overall a little bit off.

Kind of feeling similarly.  Really like what they did on that south eastern corner.  If only they could have invested a bit more to replicate that flair over the entire project.

• Like 3

On 11/1/2023 at 1:38 PM, nashville born said:

Kind of feeling similarly.  Really like what they did on that south eastern corner.  If only they could have invested a bit more to replicate that flair over the entire project.

Agreed. The other sides are very flat and bland. But I do like this project nonetheless. It’s an interesting one with tying into Corkdorks but it adds nice height to that area. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...