New Heights District, office, retail, residential over 3 blocks in Chestnut Hill area, $400 million

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A lot of potential for this project.   If "project" is the right word.   Maybe more like the Gulch with development infill undertaken by different investors over time.   I'm not sure I follow the ulti

Speedwagon Capital Partners has several projects in mind for the area the are dubbing the "New Heights District" (sandwiched between I-40 south loop inner belt on north to Nashville City Cemetery on t

Speedwagon Capital continues to amass property for their New Heights District concept, today paying $14.8 million for a collective 2.31 acres at 901 and 931 6th Ave. South. Two structures currently ex

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The .45 acre SE corner lot in the New Heights District footprint (947 4th Ave. South) has sold for $2.2 million. FCD Recycling bought the site from a family trust that had bought it in 1980 for $40,000.   I can't imagine FCD has plans for a recycling site on such a small lot, so perhaps this is just some land-banking, or perhaps they are starting to diversify and get into development. They recently sold their operations site in The Nations for nearly $8 million to Wood Partners who are developing Alta Union residential project there.

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21145267/chestnut-hill-site-near-brewery-sells-for-22m

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.53.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 11.53.18 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I just need some folks to keep theirs eyes glued to this web site for any new developments. I was intentionally looking for the website connected to this project and took me all of two minutes to find it.

There is no information on it just yet. The site still seems to be UC.

https://newheightsdistrict.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/30/2021 at 8:23 AM, smeagolsfree said:

I just need some folks to keep theirs eyes glued to this web site for any new developments. I was intentionally looking for the website connected to this project and took me all of two minutes to find it.

There is no information on it just yet. The site still seems to be UC.

https://newheightsdistrict.com/

Website is up and running!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So nice!!! And then I look at those tracks wrapping around the edge with deep longing for commuter rail that would utilize them and go right through the heart of the city.  Shame! 

• Like 1