Cloisters

Florida

^That is indeed a true story. I believe that banker's home is the current site of the Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce, also known as The Columns. From what I'm told that building has a nickel between every brick, his way of showing off how much money he could waste.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I agree. I'd look for even greater things to come out of this district of downtown once the Gaines Street work is underway.

I think the Doug Burnett park could be a great asset to this community.

There is also a piece of property that stretches from the Doug Burnett Park almost all the way to Rail Road Avenue, along Gaines Street, that could be a whole new downtown itself... it's huge, and should be zoned for very high density buildings.

• 4 weeks later...

This site required a tremendous amount of underground work due to the fact that this concept of density is new to the All Saints district, they had to figure out a way for the toilets to flush! So they buried this huge tank thing beneath the site. I think things should pick up on this site soon.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived