Cloisters

Florida

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live downtown on a great street, but pretty much everyone keeps to themselves or is away on business etc...Not rude, but nobody overly friendly.

I think there a multiple factors that contribute to an interactive neighborhood, but I think its a chemical reaction of all the items other posters have mentioned in a certain time and certain place. I would say that you can live in an NYC apartment complex and still not know any of your neighbors even though you all have to interact in the elevator, lobby, neighborhood grocer, etc...but you can live in a Tally suburb with huge yards and still know every last person.

If you are a people person, you may attract people in your neighborhood/apt complex/whatever that the a**hole (good one, poonther) down the street doesn't...

You misunderstood me late last year when we were looking at places the final few where a place at the Tennyson (that went out when we found out the hoa fees), the cloisters which I personally liked but my parent's did not and a K2 home. For some reason we stopped looking and I continued renting. I've been out of the market for three months now.

When I moved in I was hoping someone would bring me cookies (the one person that came over and introduced themself forgot to bring some apparently) basically there are four homes on one lot the two adjacent to me are owners and the other house has some renter's. I like my neighbors one of the guy's seems like we could become good friends but I guess that will take some time. I love the location everything I need is close by and I love Old St. Augustine Rd.

How was the party? I was unable to make it because I had to head out of town to get ready for my winter break vacation.

OK, now Im going to beat you up a little! ;)

What if I lived downtown at the Cloisters, but worked at, say, the SunTrust center up at Killearn? I would still have to drive home. The idea of not having to drive home only works if you live very close to your home. And yes, I sometimes pull on because a majority of the time I want to get home to see my Mrs. and my lab more than I want to talk to my neighbors, because she comes first. For your argument to hold, you would have to stop and talk to every single neighbor, every single time you see them outside. I dont know many places that do this. I also dont know how true it is about cars having right aways in the burbs. I would say if anything, people are much more vigilant and considerate when they know people may be walking on their streets and kids may be playing outside. When Im walking downtown and my crosswalk turns white, I wait a few seconds so that the 2-3 red light runners dont kill me. I've never had to do that in the burbs, especially since the cars are only going 20 mph. When I lived downtown while in school, I never knew my neighbors. I saw them all the time, but they always seemed to want to keep their privacy.

I dont know though, people, especially families must like living in the burbs since they stay out there.

I hope you didnt get the impression i was arguing with you, thats not the case at all. I just didnt think that what you said about the suburbs was accurate at all! I think cities will always be the centers of human's business culture, but I dont know if thats the case for residences. Theres peace here, cobyguy, not arguing (besides, FL is the only one who makes me crazy, remember? Kidding). ;)

Good Sunday to you too!

Thanks for the photos- I'm gonna have some renderings soon from the architect- they will be on a large for sale sign from Cornerstone Realty-.

I know this is the Cloisters thread but I heard rescently that "NOTHING" is going to happen with the Gaines Street improvements until "AFTER" the FAMU Way extention is built. And thats at least 5 years (more like 20). I hate this new group of city commisioners. Especially the Mayor. They're about nothing but payback to their friends and constituents. Not like thats any different from years past I guess.

I hope the FAMU officials have nothing to do with managing the budget of the road extention.

Thanks for the photos- I'm gonna have some renderings soon from the architect- they will be on a large for sale sign from Cornerstone Realty-.

I know this is the Cloisters thread but I heard rescently that "NOTHING" is going to happen with the Gaines Street improvements until "AFTER" the FAMU Way extention is built. And thats at least 5 years (more like 20). I hate this new group of city commisioners. Especially the Mayor. They're about nothing but payback to their friends and constituents. Not like thats any different from years past I guess.

I hope the FAMU officials have nothing to do with managing the budget of the road extention.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived