Capitol / Financial District / Shockoe Slip

whw53

25 minutes ago, Icetera said:

Sadly yes, 2nd alarm.  Elevators just engaged and crews currently convening on 9th floor and roof.

image.png.1ec093f1d39d8c556c8c7a17bab5ba6a.png

3rd alarm struck.  Seem to have excess personnel but water access issues and only one functioning elevator.  Fire attack making good progress despite the challenges.

image.png.ea4607026e7b7862a3711a183b60044b.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Icetera said:

3rd alarm struck.  Seem to have excess personnel but water access issues and only one functioning elevator.  Fire attack making good progress despite the challenges.

image.png.ea4607026e7b7862a3711a183b60044b.png

Appears to be stabilized, if not cleared.  Fire Attack team dismissed.

15 hours ago, eandslee said:
KYZIj8J.jpeg

Despite the fire, how many Southeastern cities can you get a shot like this in?  Thinking Memphis, Birmingham, New Orleans.  If the camera panned just slightly East I think the new General Assembly tower would fit right in with these old beauties.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I think the second one is the high rise across the canal from the first and second rendering.

Gosh, I hope they break ground on these projects soon.  These will be serious gamechangers for that area of the canal!  The extra foot traffic is badly needed.  Plus, these high rises will add to our ever densifying skyline!

Edited by eandslee
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, eandslee said:

Cool renderings…are these legit?  Also, what about the other renderings on that page…are they all designed for Richmond?

Yes - these are all legit and every rendering on Nachum's "The Boards" page is for RVA.

The renderings are as follows:

Renderings 1, 2 and 3 are for Locks 7 and 8

Renderings 4 and 5 are for South Falls II and III (the dark grey building is South Falls III)

Renderings 6 through 12 are for The Admiral

Renderings 13 and 14 - I'm not sure what this project is

Renderings 15 through 18 are for one of the new apartment projects in lower Manchester (I can't recall the project name) I think a couple of blocks from the Hydro building

Renderings 19 and 20  are for the six-story apartment building near Davis and Broad (I think on the old BoA site)

Renderings 21 through 24 are for the first of two buildings on Grace Street near the YMCA (recall the other one is an 11-story building at Foushee and Grace)

Renderings 25 through 27 are for a project in lower Manchester, the name & location of which I can't recall

Renderings 28 and 29 are for a, so far, never-announced 14-story residential/mixed use building on the SW corner of 4th and Broad downtown. This has been on his website the longest even though no developer has come forward to announce any firm plan to construct this beautiful building. THIS is the one I am jonesing for as a "must build" for RVA because of the height, size, density, etc., it would bring to Broad Street.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
8 minutes ago, whw53 said:

SUP filed today would remove or retrofit a 17 story office building at 801 E Main to a 15 story mixed use development. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/c724dd9b-5e1b-4180-9628-0f31fdbd0fbd?tab=moreinfo

This is directly across from 707 E Main which we know Genesis is also planning an office to multi-family conversion. 

This is the Eighth and Main (former Wheat First Securities) Building, yes?

46 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

This is the Eighth and Main (former Wheat First Securities) Building, yes?

This one is for "Whytestone Plaza" at 8th and Main on the SE corner versus SW that you are thinking of.  "Eighth and Main" is also up for renovation by Genesis.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1