Memphis Sports

JTM1

21 minutes ago, MDC26 said:

Showboats got an updated logo and new color scheme.  Looks like they are going with the Beale St Blue and Gold like the Grizzlies.  The other blue doesn't quite look as dark as Memphis Midnight Blue. 

showboats.jpg

Yea I believe they had to as Steve ernhart etc still own original logo trademark rights maybe a deal can be struck to purchase trademark rights and a alternate retro jersey/ hats/ etc can be produced 

4 hours ago, MDC26 said:

Showboats got an updated logo and new color scheme.  Looks like they are going with the Beale St Blue and Gold like the Grizzlies.  The other blue doesn't quite look as dark as Memphis Midnight Blue. 

showboats.jpg

Personally, I prefer the other color scheme., because the red gave it a pop. This is going to lead to some great things for Memphis. 

Fred Smith made a phone call, because he liked the USFL product,  and brought the Showboats back to Memphis. This was a business move, and I believe, he has his sight set on something else too.  When I look at the images coming from the press conference, Fred Smith had every political heavy weight from the state, city and county in attendance. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t mind having the Showboats back, but I don’t think leadership should settle for minor leagues all the time. There should be a plan for at least one more major franchise (not MLB & hockey) even though the metro population is under 2 mil. So the only choices would be NFL, MLS, NWSL & WNBA - in that order. Why would Fred Smith settle when he’s got the clout and money to do more?

Wouldve also liked the original color scheme. Showboats is a bold name and should be treated thus. The “M” logo is neat though. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

I don’t mind having the Showboats back, but I don’t think leadership should settle for minor leagues all the time. There should be a plan for at least one more major franchise (not MLB & hockey) even though the metro population is under 2 mil. So the only choices would be NFL, MLS, NWSL & WNBA - in that order. Why would Fred Smith settle when he’s got the clout and money to do more?

Wouldve also liked the original color scheme. Showboats is a bold name and should be treated thus. The “M” logo is neat though. 

WNBA is probably in our future. With Terri Jackson (JJJ) Mom being an executive director for WNBA and we already have NBA franchise here along  with the venue/ practice facility in place. Our chances are good not to mention potential ownership Elliot Perry/ Zbo . 

1 hour ago, Memphisborn said:

WNBA is probably in our future. With Terri Jackson (JJJ) Mom being an executive director for WNBA and we already have NBA franchise here along  with the venue/ practice facility in place. Our chances are good not to mention potential ownership Elliot Perry/ Zbo . 

I’ll take it, but long term I want the NFL or MLS too. I’ll be greedy and take all three. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Guardian of Memphis said:

I’ll take it, but long term I want the NFL or MLS too. I’ll be greedy and take all three. 

NFL has always been my dream. City would have to be willing to invest 500-600 million into a 2 billion dollar dome.  That’s where the sticking point is. If we are to ever be a NFL city our city leaders are going to have to be willing to go all out on a state of the art stadium.!

• 2 months later...