East Bank – I-24 to the Cumberland/I-24 Overpass up to Jefferson – 338 Acres, Nissan Stadium, "Imagine East Bank"

downtownresident

• 4 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...

East Bank events this week:

-Monday, 12:00: WPLN This Is Nashville broadcast

-Tuesday, 8:30: Urban Land Institute event, “Touchdown: The Future Of The East Bank” at Bass, Berry & Simms

-Wednesday, 4:00: Metro Council joint committee meeting on East Bank Capital Improvements Budget items

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, bwithers1 said:

East Bank events this week:

-Monday, 12:00: WPLN This Is Nashville broadcast

-Tuesday, 8:30: Urban Land Institute event, “Touchdown: The Future Of The East Bank” at Bass, Berry & Simms

-Wednesday, 4:00: Metro Council joint committee meeting on East Bank Capital Improvements Budget items

What are the odds we get the bridge over the east bank that connects to hermitage ave? Seems like it would be very helpful long term to have another bridge across the river

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Status
This is an upcoming meeting.
Date
July 14, 2022
Time
4:30 p.m.
Meeting Type
East Bank Stadium Committee
Details

The East Bank Stadium Committee will lead the Metro Council's efforts to gather information related to any potential legislation concerning the East Bank stadium and related infrastructure.

Members of the public may view the meeting live online at stream.nashville.gov via the Metro Nashville Network, Metro Nashville Network 2, and Metro Nashville and Davidson County residents can watch Metro Nashville Network on Comcast channel 3, AT&T Uverse channel 99, and streaming on the Metro Nashville Network Roku channel for meetings available on all Metro Nashville Network platforms.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would love it if this is how the roads end up looking.

image.png.8d0900dac0cd6781966068f15d0563cf.png

8 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

The first thing that stands out to me is the removal of a very active rail line. 

Not sure if you already saw this in the full report, but they mentioned a feasibility study in the works to redirect this traffic.

image.thumb.png.79b1530fc9b71845dc1b73e2bcceb669.png

Just going off of their sketch, it looks like they're proposing to connect these two rail lines. I'm no expert on any of this but the elevation difference between those two lines looks challenging.

image.thumb.png.aa7178e237d1861b1ec7f680ae1990ed.png

• Like 4

This looks beautiful. Wish the BRT was LRT but I know that can be changed in the future. The redesigned interstate and Ellington parkway is really nice. Definitely frees a lot of room up and cleans that whole mess of ramps up. The buildings look great and the way they address the streets are really nice. Those protected bike lanes are sweet too! Loving the Union station. If they’re planning to reroute the train lines, it’d be nice if they moved the station to the tracks to potentially use them in the future. One can dream… :tw_sleepy:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

I actually like the thought of the Titans’ stadium being further back in the development and having a nice park setting all along the Cumberland.  That could be our “Central Park” if they’re smart about it.

Totally agree.  The current location of the stadium to me has always been too close to the river.  Moving it further back will allow for more  opportunity to incorporate the river as a primary feature of the East Bank.  

I will say I didn't like the outline of the stadium they included in the vision... made me think of Jerry World... LOL!!!

image.png.0f4a3a5f63b6d46eeeedb61b7ed535b9.png image.png.ed688967cf12f60a150bac39d69d98d1.png

Edited by PillowTalk4
Fixed typo and downsized Jerry World...
  • Like 4

Among many questions here, I wonder if this will go the way of the endless transit studies.  Will development of the East Bank be studied to death?  Sorry folks, for being cynical (I really would enjoy seeing this), but I always go back to internecine rivalries.  To wit, are MC members who aren't affected by this plan inclined to see it come to fruition?  And believe me when I say I am glad I don't have to negotiate a public subsidy to a private organization such as the Titans. Privately it goes against my grain. However, I must admit if not for the Titans, then PSC metals will most definitely be there 50 years from now. 

• Like 2

I think that PSC is talking now makes me think they are willing to leave. I think Metro Council Members know they have to do something and if they don't, they will have a disaster unfold with haphazard growth that is out of control. They are a major land holder and hold the keys to the kingdom so to speak. This will be a goldmine for Metro tax revenue if this unfolds the right way and they know this.

Metro and every other city I have seen are notorious about doing too many studies. These cities are too cautious at times and waste more money on studies than it would take to do the project.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Among many questions here, I wonder if this will go the way of the endless transit studies.  Will development of the East Bank be studied to death?  Sorry folks, for being cynical (I really would enjoy seeing this), but I always go back to internecine rivalries.  To wit, are MC members who aren't affected by this plan inclined to see it come to fruition?  And believe me when I say I am glad I don't have to negotiate a public subsidy to a private organization such as the Titans. Privately it goes against my grain. However, I must admit if not for the Titans, then PSC metals will most definitely be there 50 years from now. 

This probably has a bit more reality to it because at the very least developers have shown an interest in building on the East Bank.  And, unlike the transit derailment, more than likely there won't be some referendum during an election cycle to determine what should happen to the East Bank.   That didn't happen with SoBro or the Gulch, so I don't see why it would happen on the East Bank.  Especially since there is absolutely nothing to lose in developing the area.  But so much to gain.  There's really nothing stopping developers from buying land that isn't owned by Metro and building it out.  However, this plan helps with establishing cohesion in the area and making it better for residential, retail and recreation.

To my knowledge there is nothing of historical value in that area.  So, there shouldn't be any reason for anyone to stand in the way of developing the East Bank.  The only thing I can think of that will hinder the development of that area is development is still going pretty strong in SoBro, Gulch, N. Gulch and midtown.  Not to mention WeHo.  So, it would be understandable if the East Bank develops a bit slower initially.  But, with River North already underway, I can see developers strongly considering the East Bank.  I just hope Metro will develop a design aesthetic to encourage creativity in the design of the buildings.  It's an area that will be brand new.  It should have flash and flare. 

And, it should be clear that unless a developer buys air rights there will be no nonsense about views being obstructed by new development.  Get that out of the way now... LOL!!!   

• Like 1